[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nemesis is the best Star Trek film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 509x755
PICARD
Think about what you're doing,
Shinzon. Are you ready to plunge
the entire quadrant into war to
satisfy your own personal demons?

SHINZON
It amazes me how little you know
yourself.

PICARD
I'm incapable of such an act!

SHINZON
I think the facts speak for
themselves. The same noble Picard
blood runs in our veins. Had you
lived my life, you'd be doing
exactly as I am. So look in the
mirror, and see yourself.

Shinzon looks at him deeply.

SHINZON
Consider that, Captain. I can
think of no greater torment for
you.

He turns to go.

PICARD
Shinzon-
I'm a mirror for you as well...

Shinzon turns back to him.

A beat. Picard gazes at him evenly.

Picard's probing gaze makes Shinzon a bit uneasy. He glances
to the ghoulish medical preparations.

SHINZON
Not for long, Captain.
(back to Picard)
I'm afraid you won't survive to
witness the victory of the echo
over the voice.

He goes.
>>
>>71741530
Bane?
>>
Nemesis had great moments but it's gets overshadowed by the dumb action scenes. Kinda like First Contact.
>>
It's pretty underrated. There's some weird parts to it but overall pretty good. The ending still kills me every time.

>Never saw the sun
>Never saw the sun

Shining so bright

>Shining so bright
>Never saw things
>hmmhmm hmm hmm

Going so right

>Going so right...
>>
>>71741634
>battle of the Bassen Rift
>bad
wew lad
>>
>>71741530
>Nemesis is the best Star Trek film
Said no one ever
>>
>>71741530
What is a SHINZON exactly and why the yugioh card looks the same?
>>
Plinkett told me it was bad so fuck all you dumb plebs
>>
>>71741530
So, is /tv/ just a bunch of fedora-tipping contrarians constantly locked in a battle of meme-posting and contrarian one-upmanship where they constantly make posts about how some terrible movie was great and only they are intelligent enough to see it? What's next? Batman & Robin was the best cape movie ever? The Mask 2 was way better than The Mask? Gigli was a good movie?
>>
>>71741807
The thing about the Plinkett reviews is that he lumps films of wildly different wuality together too much.

Yes, Generations, First Contact(arguably) and Insurrection are pretty lame, and yes TPM and AOTC are confused films, but , Nemesis and ROTS are damn good movies with a few rough edges, and it shows in his reviews of them. He tries to act like they are terrible and just embarrasses himself.
>>
>>71741908
First Contact is pretty good tebehe.

>ROTS is good
Fuck off faggot. Also, this is not a Star Wars thread.
>>
>>71741810
back2reddit
>>
>>71741941
Can we stop the memes?
If you just look at the movie itself, ROTS is uneven with some shit moments and some moments that surpass most movies in general (Order 66, Padme's Ruminations, the cross cut birth of Vader/death of Padme scene)
>>
>Nemesis is the best Star Trek film
That's just a stupid thing to say, if you were to argue that it's underrated maybe people would have listened but there's just too many great Star Trek movies to take such a claim seriously

>The Motion Picture
>Wrath of Khan
>The Voyage Home
>The Undiscovered Country
>First Contact
>>
>>71742282
>>The Motion Picture
This is the only one better than Nemesis.
>>
>>71741778
Shinzon is like "Paul" on Remus or something

>btw there's a secret THIRD species in the Vulcan/Romulan family called Remans and we never mentioned them until now because reasons, and not even Spock cared about them during his attempt at reunification because more reasons
>>
>>71742368
>Romulus
>no Remus
It was only a matter of time.
>>
>>71742368

Because Romulans and Vulcans are both still bigots who approve of slave labor. Spock wasn't going to fuck with that.
>>
File: Canon_mounted_on_the_Argo.jpg (85 KB, 1000x425) Image search: [Google]
Canon_mounted_on_the_Argo.jpg
85 KB, 1000x425
>It's a Picard makes first contact with a dune-buggy-mounted phaser cannon instead of diplomacy episode
>>
I still dont like how Tom Hardy looked nothing like a young Patrick Stewart. His weasely voice and nigger lips completely ruined any sort of suspension of disbelief. I would have rather seen Patrick play the part as an aged clone.
>>
>>71741756
Except for me and OP and countless others I've talked to.
>>
>>71741810
The amount of buzzwords in this post and you still didn't form an argument against why it was a bad movie.

So you lost before you attempted to win.
>>
>>71744209
Buncha fucking contrarian, edgy faggots the lotta ya.
>>
>>71744286
>contrarian
>edgy

Can people talk on this site or do I need to patent the first universal translator so an opinion can be communicated properly?
>>
>>71744309

I can get you a standard dictionary.
>>
>>71741530
>File: image.jpg
stupid mobileposter
>>
>>71744553
Better post than yours.
>>
File: 1462701890034.jpg (30 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
1462701890034.jpg
30 KB, 200x210
>>71744521
Here's what your text looks like.

>le contrarian edgelord plebbitourist shiggy 4U bane? OMFG this sperglord..

You see, it's you who needs a dictionary, a thesaurus, then a lobotomy.

You've been here too long, child. You can only think in a limited supply of meme phrases and it's destroying your already compromised intellectual capacity.

Walk with the prophets (in front of a freight train).
>>
>>71744829

1. I'm not him.
2. He used exactly one of those words you typed.
3. Stop being mad on the internet.
>>
>>71744829
Someone is mighty mad at the computer today. Maybe you should stop having such terrible opinions online?
>>
I like star trek insurrection the best, for tos the voyage home is the best
>>
>>71741530
Nemesis was written by someone who didn't know anything about Star Trek. It also has a lot of the same things in it that people despise the Abrams Trek movies for. Plus it's yet another "Picard and Data are the stars while everyone else jerks off in the background being useless" story just like the other three TNG films. Nosferatu Remans, Scimitar the Starship Sue, and over a third of the movie cut out nearly all of it very important character and plot-explaining scenes only seals the coffin.

Make no mistake, it was better than Insurrection. But it's FAR from being the best, in fact it's among the three worst, just above Insurrection and Final Frontier.
>>
>>71745297
Insurrection has literally 1 good scene (Data discovering the holoship), what do you like so much about it?
>>
>>71745326
>Nemesis was written by someone who didn't know anything about Star Trek.
Who, Brent Spiner?
>>
>>71745326
No, John Logan is a Star Trek fanatic.
The DIRECTOR was the trek pleb.
>>
>>71745351

I like the story, the time. Also Picard being Picard of course. The twist was also quite good. Also watching jeordi see a sunset for the first time was magical. I like voyage home the best because it manages to be entertaining despite not having an actual villain. Plus the whole plot is something Hollywood will never ever do again.
>>
>>71745354

He means the director. He had no knowledge of star trek or TNG. Like had never seen a single episode or movie
>>
>>71741530
>Nemesis
>best star trek film
wew lad, you're gonna have to get better at baiting won't you?
>>
File: remove bajor.jpg (139 KB, 707x530) Image search: [Google]
remove bajor.jpg
139 KB, 707x530
>>71745435
>jeordi
>>
>>71744829
Excellent post. Please continue to show these Pakleds what's what.
>>
>>71745489
>>>71745435
>>jeordi

>WAI AYE CAP'N, THE WHORP DRYVE'S GON ALL FOOKEN SCREWY
>>
File: sisqo booze.jpg (74 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
sisqo booze.jpg
74 KB, 694x530
>>71741530
There are 12 /trek/ films but in the interest of science I will only be counting 10

1. Wrath of Khan
2. Motion Picture
3. Voyage Home
4. Undiscovered Country
5. Search for Spock
6. First Contact
7. Final Frontier
8. Nemesis
9. Generations
10. Insurrection.

Anyone else care to question my assessment?
>>
>>71745636
And show rankings

1. Espace Profond Neuf
2. New Generation
3. Original Series
4. Voyager
5-6. Animated
Enterprise
>>
>>71745819
The Animated Series is garbage tier.

Most of the actors only involved themselves in the project because they were out of work.
>>
>>71745636
Nah, but here's mine.

1. Wrath of Khan
2. Search for Spock
3. Voyage Home
4. Undiscovered Country
5. First Contact
6. 2009
7.Generations
8. Into Darkness
9. Motion Picture
10. Nemesis
11. Insurrection
12. Final Frontier

As for the series:

1. DS9
2. TOS
3. TNG
4. TAS
5. VOY
6. ENT
>>
>>71745636
>4. Undiscovered Country
>>71746030
>4. Undiscovered Country
I've never trusted Anonymous, and I never will. I can never forgive them, for the death of my hope.
>>
>>71746106
Cry havok! And let slip the anona of war!
>>
>>71746030
and
>>71745819
are the same person
>>
>>71746212
Yes, child, everyone except you is the same person.
>>
>>71746333
No, just those two.
>>
>>71746417
And you base that on one movie being in the same spot on their lists? Do you hate VI that much?
>>
second person posting itt
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.