[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MARTHA?!?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
>YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MARTHA?!?!
>>
>proceeds to drag the 3 sun-powered bad guys into a local town, instead of in farm area

Our hero.
>>
>>71733025

In his defense, at this point he doesn't know to control his powers well. He's still inexperienced.
>>
>>71733025
He isn't Superman yet in Man of Steel - that's why the movie isn't called Superman. He's just a guy trying to figure shit out, trying to find his place in this world and temper his emotions. He doesn't know what he's doing. He's just beating the shit out of a guy that put his hands on his mom. As if either one of us wouldn't chimp out in that scenario.
>>
>>71733100
>>71733102
Yeah, what a great example for the kids.
>>
>>71733110
Having someone struggle and improve is a much healthier and realistic role model than someone who is immediately perfect at everything.
>>
>>71733110
Yes, it is important that all American children learn to control their superpowers.
>>
>>71733110
>kids have super powers
>>
>>71733129
this
>>
>>71733110

Being that, whatever that is, is why kids are stupid cunts these days.
>>
File: 1403964128552.jpg (103 KB, 430x367) Image search: [Google]
1403964128552.jpg
103 KB, 430x367
>>71733100
>>71733102
>Starting off a DC Movie universe with Superman being arguably the worst incarnation of himself
>a good idea
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 634x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 634x448
BOYS
>>
>>71733129

I agree. But isn't that what Superman is though? Perfect.
>>
>>71733155
It actually is a good idea, because we can see him gradually grow as a character.
>>
>>71733184

No, not at this stage. He needs to become that, but likely he won't, because Zack wants to make capeshit as dark as he can.
>>
>>71733155
The problem isn't with having superman be imperfect and flawed. New interpretations that enable a character to grow and develop can be good. There isn't inherently such a thing as a worst incarnation, the problem is with the execution not with the idea.
>>
>>71733184
Superman is fundamentally perfect, that doesn't mean he doesn't get angry or make mistakes. It just means that he will always try his best in the end.
>>
>>71733184
>But isn't that what Superman is though? Perfect.

>don't read Superman comics
>don't show any interest in Superman
>"Hey what do you think of Superman?"
>"SUPERMAN SUCKS AND IS A MARY SUE AND IS INVINCIBLE AND ALL HIS STORIES SUCK AND HE'S BORING AND HAS NEVER BEEN GOOD!"

Every time
>>
File: whywholeworldbottlebabyface.png (52 KB, 207x196) Image search: [Google]
whywholeworldbottlebabyface.png
52 KB, 207x196
>>71733187
>>71733223

It's fine for a comic book, as it can work as an offshoot.

When you want to make a movie franchise based off the JLA, it's generally a bad idea to make not one but TWO dark dreary movies based on the most iconic super heroes.

Don't try to pass it off as art or anything, as this is done by the same guy who turned Lex into a shitty Joker knockoff and wanted Batman to be prison raped. How's DC supposed to sell merch and toys on this shit?
>>
>>71733316

I'm not a Zackfagg who claims BvS is kino, it's terrible, nor do I like Man Of Steel, but I think it's better for a character to gradually grow then to be perfect from the start, but I can see your point.
>>
>>71733246
>Superman is fundamentally perfect
The only thing perfect about him is his physique. He is as dumb as a potato, doesnt have any hand to hand combat skills etc.
>>
>>71733316
>dark dreary movies

I really don't see how they are like that. Maybe more serious, but not dreary
>>
>>71733390
Fundamentally perfect in the sense of values and character and what is needed for the situation. I don't think there is such a thing as being objectively perfect in intelligence and combat skills. Superman is perfect in that he will always have the right answer for the situation, even if it takes a while and he has to learn from mistakes.
>>
>>71733458

His combat skills aren't perfect, he's just really powerful.
>>
>>71733316
To be fair I think that Snyder had an overall hopeful outlook for BVS given that Batman says that men are still good and Superman acknowledges his role in the world at the end. The problem was with a lack of characterization for superman and not explaining Batmans shit better. I think Snyder means well but his movies are usually as conceptual mess.
>>
File: 1459245671328.jpg (497 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
1459245671328.jpg
497 KB, 1096x800
If only he had a better upbringing
>>
>>71733512
Also, Doomsday and Lex sucked.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.