[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw the extended cut, and I've never seen the theatrical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
Just saw the extended cut, and I've never seen the theatrical cut. Was the theatrical cut really that bad? The reviews are mostly pretty terrible, and it has a 27% RT score. The movie I watched really didn't seem to deserve such negative reviews.

Honestly I thought the movie was pretty good. I might even watch it again, although it is a hefty 3 hours long. What was actually removed in the theatres?
>>
Do newfags not know how to use the catalog anymore? There are a dozen BvS threads up right now you stupid fuck.
OH, BUT I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER ONE!
Fuck off.
>>
>>71725824
It should never have been that low on the tomato thing. It's just as good as any mediocre superhero flick.

It's all a conspiracy.
>>
>>71725824
Honestly I didn't think the theatrical cut was bad. A lot of what is shown in the UC was already implied in the theatrical, but Clark Kent and Lex were more fleshed out. Also several subplots were completely cut.
>>
>>71725824
it was good but you could tell it felt rushed as it was truncated, extended is better and easily top tier cape cinema
>>
>>71725824
Things added to UC

- Entire Africa sequence completely different. None of the stuff with CIA, the Drone or bodies being burnt were in the theatrical cut
- Pretty much all scenes with the African lady removed
- Most of Clark Kent's scenes were removed
- Most of Lois Lane's investigation is removed
- Superman saving people after the bombing is removed.

honestly can go on and on. The UC is far better.
>>
Theatrical cut: 4/10
UE: 6.5/10
>>
>>71725824
did I miss a scene where batman and superman reconcile after the fight. It's like all of a sudden they are fighting and then he says martha, and the next scene batman says" I made you a promise". WFT are we just supposed to assume that there was a conversation or did my torrent fuck it up?
>>
>>71726025
Your torrent fucked up, there's a scene of exposition and quips where they spell it out, for you
>>
>>71725971
>Most of Lois Lane's investigation is removed
That would be pretty terrible

My only issues with the movie were Wonder Woman's acting seemed off somehow, and the people who played Superman and Lois were extremely unlikable, although that seems like it may have been intentional in order to get the audience to identify more with Batman.
>>
>>71726085
I can't tell if you are calling me a retard or not. If so I get the joke, if not then whatever I guess.
>>
>>71726025
Yeah your video is fucked. There's a conversation where Batman promises Superman that Martha won't die and it happens shortly after Batman decides to not deliver the final blow.
>>
Extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.
>>
>>71726200
The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.
>>
>>71726200
It's funny that you bring up Robert Rodriguez, because I can't help but feel that Snyder is a poor man's version of Rodriguez.

Can it be any more obvious that Snyder is trying his damnedest to copy what Rodriguez did with Sin City?
>>
File: rational candylips man.jpg (33 KB, 716x537) Image search: [Google]
rational candylips man.jpg
33 KB, 716x537
>>71725824
27% on RT just means that 73% of critics thought it was 6/10 or lower

The consensus is that it was mediocre, but not gut wrenchingly terrible. It looked great, Affleck was great. But the messy script and the hackjob edits really dragged it down.
>>
>>71727737
The Ultimate Cut would have probably gotten a 55-65% as even if the film is much better, the tone and content is still divisive.
>>
File: deep imagery.png (275 KB, 489x404) Image search: [Google]
deep imagery.png
275 KB, 489x404
Why did Snyder reference that 70's show?

I never understood what the significance was
>>
>>71726336
>Can it be any more obvious that Snyder is trying his damnedest to copy what Rodriguez did with Sin City?

Wait I thought Snyder did Sin City

lmao it WAS Rodriguez

Snyder you fucking hack
>>
>>71727768
They should have just let Snyder to an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns and left it at that.

All the forced DCEU shit really took away from the plot.
We didn't need WW
We didn't need Doomsday and the Death of Superman storyline shoehorned in
Lex needed proper motivation to include Batman in all of this. His entire plot and the whole "conspiracy" storyline went nowhere. It just felt like an excuse to give Lois something to do.
>>
>>71727781
what a fucking hack
>>
>>71727781
its called homage, you dumb pleb hes clearly a fan
>>
honestly both deserve the 27%
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.