[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peaky fucking Blinders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 836Xis2T.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
836Xis2T.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
What do you guys think of this show?
>>
WE'RE WIV DA POIKY BLOIIIINDAS
>>
>>71697903
I didn't care for the first episode. I thought Sam Neill was going to be more GOAT. I just didn't care for it that much, and all the hipster music drove me nuts too.
>>
>>71697903
I don't like the characters. I was hoping they failed everything troughout the first 2 seasons.
>>
First 2 seasons were great, 3rd season was good.

Tom Hardy is the best England has to offer.
>>
>>71698058

Tom plays a good jew.
>>
SHALOM

3 > 1 > 2
>>
>>71697903
Turns to shit during the 3rd season

All the time skips between seasons are terrible too. Frank, a major character in the first season just somehow dies without a second thought between the seasons?

Also May is the better waifu
>>
DUE TO MY REPORT BUTTON AND A FEW COMPLAINTS FROM THE NEIGHBOURS ABOUT THE TERRIBLE TASTE IN MOVIES

THIS BOARD IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

BY ORDER OF THE PEAKY BLOYNDERS
>>
>>71698239
>Frank
Did you mean Freddie? The actor left for another show in America iirc.

And yeah, May was miles better than Grace.
>>
The girl is pretty hot for a potato.
Hard to understand because it's disgusting yuropoor english accents
I don't get why so many shows are focused on old timey british gangs, when the british "gangs" have always been so soft compared to American gangs from the same eras.
>>
Good show, but now its going into series 4 territory and if it doesnt conclude this series then it will turn to shit
>>
muh fambly
>>
>>71697903

Pretty fookin' great.
>>
The name puts me off....
>>
>>71698024
this. terrible writing honestly
>>
tom jew best jew makes me wish i was jewish
:^)
>>
Not entirely sure. It's good at excitement and suspense and just generally making the main characters look cool. But there's not a whole lot else to it. The characters aren't interesting, they're just cool because they smoke and drink and act like manly men.
>>
>>71699567
>>71698058
I knew Bane was going to be in this series and I told myself I'd try to take it seriously. Then he starts talking and you can hear that his Jewish gangster voice is just a more cockney version of his bane voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDwoUFbZalw
>>
>>71699700
i bet he likes the bane voice just as much as we do and we may be partially to blame for that
>>
>>71697903
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03wfq18

Needs more Tom Hardy
>>
>>71697941
>POIKY

Not even close
>>
>>71697903
I'll let you know 28 days later
>>
>>71697990
>all the hipster music

T. Born in 2005
>>
>>71697990
>hipster music
>Nick Cave, Josh Homme
What the fuck?
>>
>>71699624
This but you forgot that the show also looks fucking gorgeous. Tommy Ex Machina and the story aren't that important to me but the show looks (and sounds) very good.
>>
>>71697990
what would you not call hipster music?
>>
>>71697903
Love it.

About to dive into season 3.
>>
>>71700247
Apparently anything anybody else likes. S1 has a lot of 70s rock...made a decade before hipsters even started being born.
>>
It should've ended with season 2, the final episode should've been Tommys wedding
>>
I find Tom Hardy's character weird, the accent sounds like a mix of cockney and Bane.

"Corr blimey, you're a fecking big fella aren't ya!"

"for you, you mug"
>>
Awesome. Arthur Shelby is my main man
>>
>>71699700
I watched this with a normie and before she even saw his face she said "that guy sounds like Bane"
>>
>>71697903

Season 1 was boring and the characters were not interesting. I didn't continue the series.
>>
File: mpv-shot0004.jpg (88 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0004.jpg
88 KB, 1280x688
>>71701837
Arthur doesn't get enough love.
>>
File: Peaky-Blinders.jpg (258 KB, 1711x925) Image search: [Google]
Peaky-Blinders.jpg
258 KB, 1711x925
>>71698396
>Hard to understand because it's disgusting yuropoor english accents

Surely the Brits know that there is an INTERNATIONAL market for tv shows, yet they continue mumble-mouthing their lines making them almost impossible to understand.
>>
>>71702126
Burger here. I had to watch with subtitles tbqh
>>
>>71702217
Not a burger and had the same thing for season 1. Even had to google to find "the cut" meant the canal.
>>
>>71697941

OI M8 ISH DA PAYKEE FOOKAN BLOINDAS INNIT
>>
>>71697903
It's a well-made show but the characters are all shit.
>>
>>71702126
How does this argument still stand after The Wire became a huge international success?
Also I am German and I only needed subs for season one and now I understand everything (same was true for The Sopranos and The Wire).
>>
From England, the accents are the hardest thing to get past initially. I don't think some of them even listened to a Brummy before starting to read for the part. Also Polly lol, meant to be a brum gyppo but sounds scouse 90% of the time the fucking posh southern cunt
>>
>>71703406
Wut
>>
Started watching it last month, it's amazing. Nearly caught up to the new episodes.
>>
>>71702126
>let's sacrifice authenticity because some foreigners might complain

Sorry Pedro, Britain has a strong public service broadcasting tradition paid for by the people and it makes it's content primarily for Brits not Johnny Foreigner half way around the world.
>>
I tried getting into it but is was boring as shit. Stopped after 4 or 5 episodes.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.