[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Garth Marenghi Quotes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: welcome_to_my_dark_place.jpg (24 KB, 300x362) Image search: [Google]
welcome_to_my_dark_place.jpg
24 KB, 300x362
I'm one of the few people you'll meet who's written more books than they've read.
>>
Two takes yeah. If you can't nail a scene in two, then you're just pissing in the wind I think
>>
Yeah well I went down there the first day it opened right, and I did a couple of laps, I pulled over, the bloke that runs the thing comes over and said - Oi no professionals. I took my helmet off, I said I'm not a professional. He said - you're not a profesional? I said - No, he said - well you should be, if I was you I'd take up Formula One, and if you drive like that you'd probably be the best in the country! I said - I'm not interested. I'm making shit loads out of computers.
>>
I had a cat once, a sofa fell on it. It was a write-off, so I stood on it's head.
>>
>>71689408
What kind of books good sir?
>>
'So go back to your lab and make a pill that can cure madness, or I'll kick your arse so hard you'll be able to build a pool in the footprint. Understood?'
'As crystal.'
>>
Cool it Sanchez! or you'll get a knuckle supper
>>
This episode is really about my own desire to have a son, um, I have four daughters, and, whilst I don't blame them as such, I don't really feel they're on my side.
>>
>>71689408
mind how you go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qxey-YYLk
>>
'I've got a best buddy Sanch, but some shit sticks no matter how hard you scrape. Hang back.'
>>
Larry Renwick will be remembered for his wit, and laughing eyes. And for being above-all a good friend. I'm sure we all feel that he exploded too young, but, the Lord moves in mysterious ways. Sometimes, he'll come in at an angle. Other times, he can hover, then swoop. Sometimes he can even come in from beneath, like a worm, or mole. The Lord, it's his call how he chooses to manoeuvre
>>
Maggots!? Maggots. Maggots. Maggots. Maggots. (Checks line)...Maggots. All over the floor of the post office, in Leytonstone.
>>
You know everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce, direct, act, paint. Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.
>>
My arse is grass and Won Ton's a lawnmower!
>>
>>71689408
So go back to your lab and make me a pill that will cure madness, or I'll kick your ass so hard, you'll be able to build a pool in the footprint! Understood?
>>
An eagle-eyed viewer might be able to see the wires. A pedant, might be able to see the wires. But I think if you're looking at the wires you're ignoring the story. If you go to a puppet show you can see the wires. But it's about the puppets, it's not about the string. If you go to a Punch & Judy show and you're only watching the wires, you're a freak.
>>
Salutations friend. I'm Garth Marenghi, horror writer, although I prefer the term "dreamweaver".
>>
>>71691088
yace
>>
You know, a lot of people say: 'Garth Marenghi? Isn’t he the guy who writes all that horror crap?' Well, good luck to you, you’re an idiot. Because my books always say something, even if it’s just something simple like: 'Don’t genetically engineer crabs to be as big as men'.
>>
I, got a script, read it. Scared me senseless, comme d'habitudes. And I said to Garth, I looked straight into his face, I've never been afraid of holding a man's gaze - it's natural. I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
>>
i got the call too early to grab a shower, so i had to make do with a quick rinse round the key areas
>>
The main reason I went into medicine was for the laughs. That and the pussy. And that dried up ten year ago if you catch my saying.
>>
File: 1459672601682.jpg (40 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459672601682.jpg
40 KB, 480x480
>>71691173
>>
i'm a big girl now. in a year i'll be a woman
i aced all my classes and got an A
>>
Look an egg in soup!!
>>
as i rounded the corner, i felt muscular and compact, like corned beef
>>
sounds like the bird's just biffed her bonce, qu'est-ce que la diff
>>
>the lord moves in mysterious ways. sometimes he'll come in at an angle. or through the floor, like a worm.
>>
File: Animaleat.jpg (55 KB, 497x550) Image search: [Google]
Animaleat.jpg
55 KB, 497x550
God Damned Son of a Bitch.
>>
>>71691448

This is great chicken, getting nothing but flack.
>>
'Art isn't a commodity that you haul in and out... [pauses]'
'No.'
'-like dildos.'
>>
We are seeing a dumbing-down of television... I think we're living in dangerous times. The horror genre is in decline... Reading is in decline, Literacy, Numeracy; the three Ls are in decline.
>>
Some thought it was quite racist; I didn't. But then again, I'd play anything: a Nazi, anything at all. I don't think I'd ever… kiss another man; not even… not even for the big boys.
>>
>>71691088
I'm prone to agree with this, actually. I fucking despise the people who ignore theming, aesthetic and everything that actually makes art effective in favor of searching for plot holes, as if they're looking for loose screw in a machine rather than analyzing a movie or painting or whatever.
"Nobody pumps the batmobile's tires," as they say.
>>
File: OneTrackLover.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
OneTrackLover.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>Why won't she be mine?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.