[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched BvS Ultimate Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
I never got around to seeing the theatrical version. It's supposed to be better right?

Kind of a mess but was fun. Lot of questions. Curious to your thoughts besides 'gay shit storm', even if it was
>>
>>71687024
>It's supposed to be better right?
I mean the ultimate edition by that
>>
made me mad that they didnt include:

>it's time you learn what it means to be a man

and that the fight wasn't an entire minute longer, and they took out superman spitting out blood when bats slams him into the wall
>>
Most Kino Font of the decade
>>
OP here. My main question is - what's the difference between this and the other? I know they added like a half hour but i saw this review and was curious.

>Though admitting that the Ultimate Edition is still imperfect, Collider‘s Steve Weintraub argues that it “does solve tons of little things which didn’t make sense in the original release so instead of a dozen problems, I’m only frustrated by a few things and it’s a lot easier to forgive a few things than a dozen.” Again, not exactly high praise — but beleaguered fans will have to take what they can get.
>>
>>71687024
I watched Ultimate Edition first. Loved it. 8/10.
Watched Theatrical version today. Enjoyed it, but totally understand why people were so turned off by it. Producers butchered the hell out of Snyder's story. Literally cutting crucial scenes from the film.
>>
>>71687075
I feel like that line was in there or something like it. I think it was

>you're not a god, you're not even a man

and also

>you're not brave, men are brave.
>>
File: 1449461562906.jpg (32 KB, 620x455) Image search: [Google]
1449461562906.jpg
32 KB, 620x455
>knightmare scene
>>
Is there any legit reason to watch the theatrical version at this point?
>>
>>71687129
I enjoyed it. some stuff made no sense and they clearly rusehd it around trying to advance the meta human shit and in general the batman, superman, and wonder woman storylines but i guess it works. Idk. i give it a soft 7/10 but had fun.

Main buggy question - how the fuck did lex know their identities?
>>
>>71687169
No. The theatrical cut is basically a compromised version of the film.
>>
>>71687169
Once I heard the ultimate one was universally praised as better, i watched it and have zero intent of watching the original other than to shit on it.
>>
>>71687095
Tons of little (and a couple major) things that are crucial to the story
>Africa scene: Theatrical doesn't show Lois meet the photographer before going to the terrorist. Instead it seems like they're just together.
>Africa scene: KGBeast burns all the bodies of the villagers, which explains why anyone would believe Superman killed them. This was missing.
>The entire storyline of Clark going to Gotham and investigating Batman is missing in the theatrical version. Not only does this explain why Clark wants to conquer him, it also explains that Batman has a "new kind of mean in him. He's hunting." Explaining this brutal version of Batman that's so against the comic version is not the typical Batman in this world.
>>
>>71687169
To know how the movie really was presented to the public
>>
>>71687095
http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-changes-differences/

This list most of the changes here. Not all of it, but a decent chunk.
>>
>>71687180
Although the meta human shit is kind of forced, it does make sense to exist in the story. Lex is trying to prove meta humans exist to justify his need for the kryptonite.

Finding Aquaman makes perfect sense. His research probably found Atlantis pretty easily. Same goes with Wonder Woman as she was involved in WW1. Cyborg was created with that motherbox which was government property. He could've easily gotten that information from his connections.

Figuring out The Flash & Batman is a little more of a stretch, but we do see Wayne Manor is destroyed. Similar to how he probably figured out Superman (the Kryptonians attacked Smallville), he probably figured out Batman from whatever did that to Wayne Manor.
>>
>>71687180
lex implies that he's privy to certain connections that led him to finding out their identities
in superman's case, lois is what led him to find out who he is

i don't remember if lex said anything similar in relation to bruce
there are a bunch of things that imply that there are all sorts of social interrelations ie batman at the prison and then talking about arkham

hell, in the justice league cartoon amanda waller (black lady in suicide squad) revealed to batman that she knows who he is and there is never an explanation for that
guess what, no one cared
>>
>>71687370
The mentioning of Metahumans was more than likely always planned from the script stages. It's the cameos which were last minute.

But you can tell the actual character teasers were a last minute addition and a mandate from the studio. With the script finished and shooting underway, there was no way for them to organically rewrite the characters into the film, so that's why we got what we got.

It's worse too because when it came time to edit the movie down to 150 minutes, you know WB must have been "you can't cut that scene"
>>
>>71687400
>Billionaire CEO of a famour empress that got his parents killed by criminals.
>Meanwhile a costumed vigilante beats up criminals while using tech that no one can do in home. Plus: He has a themed car and a plane.
It's not that hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1920x1080
>>71687095
Some stuff off the top of my head

>Africa sequence is MUCH shorter. The guys on horses? Military HQ tracking the situation? Lois meeting Jimmy? Jimmy trying to strike a deal with the general? KGBeast (the russian dude) torching the bodies? That scene of the horse guys arriving to the town? ALL of that is missing.
>the scenes and subplot of the african girl lying to senator are totally gone. you don't see any more of her after the beginning of the movie
>scene where superman is helping injured people after the capitol bombing is gone
>subplot of lois proving that lex was behind the bombing is practically missing (she never goes to his place or argues with perry to publish her findings)
>we never find out that Wallace's bombchair was lined with lead (so superman physically could not have noticed it)
>absolutely no reporter clark in gotham scenes
>we never see the bat-branded guy acctually killed, nor do we see KGBeast arrange for that to happen (the implication in the theatrical is that Bat's is branding people intending for them to be killed in prison)
>last scene with bats and lex is much shorter, no mention of arkham

A bunch of other sequences are also longer and have additional little scenes. If you watch the theatrical version after only watching the ultimate, you'll probably be quite shocked.
>>
>>71687556
oh and by "his place" I was referring to the wheelchair guy (wallace). oops.
>>
>>71687519
i know, the director pointed that out too, but people take offense to it for some strange reason when again, that shit has happened before and no one even pointed it out then
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-05-22h45m18s506.png (403 KB, 1280x546) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-05-22h45m18s506.png
403 KB, 1280x546
>>71687556
>4 u, CIA

Thanks
>>
>>71687024
let's speak truth.. The inclusion of Wonder Woman completely ruined the dynamic and the moment the whole movie was building up to. Those 2 working together BvS. So by forcing feminism in you ruined the payoff moment of the movie making the whole movie garbage
>>
>>71687024
First watch can be overwhelming. But the writing is exceptional. A lot of attention to detail was put into this film.

http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
>>71688278
when is this dude gonna do a writeup or podcast on the UE. Surely will give a lot more ammo for posting.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.