[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Departed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
>Do you lie?
>Do you?
>No, I'm asking if you lie. Yeah -- you lie. Is it to do some good to get somewhere personally or just for the fuck of it?
>Well I expect some people do it to keep things on an even keel
>So you had a parent who was a drunk?
>Did you?
>No.

wtf scorsese

did this line make sense to anyone else?

why did he think she had a drunk parent based on the fact that she lies??
>>
there is no one more full of shit than a cop
>>
>>71686437
You clearly dont understand this movie
>>
>>71686437
she had a drunk parent because she wants to keep things on an even keel, dum dum
>>
>>71687184
does anyone?
>>
>>71687253
watch this really interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSja633_F4
>>
>>71686437
That dialog makes this movie seem better than it actually was
>>
He's saying basically she comes from a broken home, where lying is normal
>>
>>71686437
good movie

the chink version was fucking awful
>>
>>71687253
Literally everyone who saw it and isn't retarded. The plot is pretty straight forward and easy to follow
>>
>>71688433
i bet you didnt understand the religious and sexuality subtext
>>
Matt Damon's character was gay.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>71688678
If he wasn't gay, he was sexually inadequate
>>
>>71688678
>Gay
Or repressed. The whole movie has everyone trying to act macho, but the ones who are the actual bad guys/criminals are going overboard because of impotence, or the fact that they might not be so classically "STRAIGHT".

>Damon can't get a hard on, especially when his life is going perfectly
>Jack still fucks, but never produces a kid of his own. Looks after Colin, raises him up to be a good rat. Also takes in Billy because he was his friend's nephew- probably the closest thing to family he's got.
>Billy (Leo) has to actually man up to fit in with degenerate criminals, but he's at least honest about his insecurity and how fucking frightening that shit is to someone who hasn't been living it. He's the only character that admits to himself and others that all the "tough guy" shit he does is an act. Also has no problem knocking up Madelyn.
>>
i love the shot at the end where marky mark is the last one alive. for some raisin it made me really happy.

>>71687432
i really love the script
>>
>>71688951

I didn't get the ending where the trap was set and the mob guy dies.

How come that wasn't avoided like everything else? WAs it because Matt Damon found out he was an FBI informant and wanted him to die to protect himself?
>>
>>71687289
Why does this have so many dislikes?
I thought it was kind of a neat theory that fit in with the theme of deception.
>>
>>71689683
the dislikes came from people who are insecure questioning their own sexuality
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.