[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Neon Demon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: The-Neon-Demon-poster-2.jpg (156 KB, 630x840) Image search: [Google]
The-Neon-Demon-poster-2.jpg
156 KB, 630x840
Pure, unadulterated womankino
>>
Shit was good.

I didn't get it, but it was good.
>>
Movies guys wouldn't understand
>>
File: neondemon.jpg (99 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
neondemon.jpg
99 KB, 1366x768
Refn's last 2 films have been more about visuals than actual story but that's fine with me his films are such great eye candy.
>>
>>71675322
You can't be that dumb yourself..
>>
Just came home from a screening. Pretty good, that first scene at the party with the show and red lights was really good though.
>>
>>71675377
dam, I don't know shit about cinematography but that's a good shot.
>>
>>71675377
There is story, refn just expresses it through visuals then exposition

For example I was watching only god forgives and the scene where Julian is fighting the Chow? (Aka God) it cuts to the gold boxer statue. The girl i was watching it with thought it meant he use to be a good fighter, when I saw it as he was represented as a golden statue, a God like figure.
>>
>>71675377
>lights align
>some girl way as fuck off to the right

too simple
>>
>>71676933

This is something he talks about here

https://vimeo.com/171721951
>>
>>71677007
Ill check it out thanks
>>
I liked the use of mirrors in a lot of shots, how they'd slowly zoom in on a character, mostly Fanning, and assume it wasn't a mirrored shot anymore
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PCxz3KyFc
>>
>>71675058
Is it me or were the opening credits bit a throwback to the Shaw Brothers?
>>
When is this movie getting a mainstream release? I can't find tickets to any theaters near me.
>>
File: Fear_X_(Poster_1).jpg (39 KB, 332x481) Image search: [Google]
Fear_X_(Poster_1).jpg
39 KB, 332x481
I just watched this.

Well, they can't all be winners I guess.
>>
That tag doesn't really make sense. Jesse was still relatively good near the end. She snubbed that beta orbiter but she wasn't exactly wicked
>>
>>71676933
Dude you like...just opened another part of my mind...One I didn't even know existed.
>>
>>71679766
I never understood the hate for this movie. I preferred this one over Valhalla Rising desu.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.