[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he pleb or patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 5029573.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
5029573.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
Is he pleb or patrician?
>>
>>71673880
Both. Oftentimes in the same article.
>>
>>71673880
Based Arnold
>>
>>71673880
Pleb, but a pleb who is aware of patrician taste and desperately wants to be seen as patrician
sometimes the illusion may as well be the real thing
>>
>>71673880
He's a nigger.
>>
>>71673880
Why do I only see a Just version of Denzel Washington when I see this picture?
>>
He's nigger so his opinion is worthless
>>
Armond "Honourary" White.
>>
File: noah-baumbach-2.jpg (163 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
noah-baumbach-2.jpg
163 KB, 600x900
>>71673880
Somebody post the quote about Baumbach.
>>
Epitome of a contrarian, I have no doubt at all that he doesn't particularly like most of the movies he praises, and he probably likes those he rips apart much more.
>>
>>71673880
It depends. His books and long form essays are really great stuff. His reviews for out mostly seem like satire though
>>
>>71673880
King of /tv/
>>
>>71673880
Patrician mostly.
>>
>>71673880
Contrarian for the sake of attention. Look at me! Look how different my opinion is! Also look at how intellectual I am for mentioning my blackness and how race has to do with X film!
>>
>>71673909
agreed.

he's simultaneously the dumbest and most insightful critic around.

there is far more value in reading his reviews than pretty much any other critic, honestly.
>>
>>71675956
>I won't comment on Baumbach's deliberate, onscreen references to his former film-reviewer mother except to note how her colleagues now shamelessly bestow reviews as belated nursery presents. To others, "Mr. Jealousy" might suggest retroactive abortion.

For his review of Mr. Jealousy, 1998
>>
>>71673880
Entertaining to read at least.
>>
>>71673880
Denzel, I like Training Day and Equalizer the most. Lots of boring movies though.
>>
>>71673880
Patrician as fuck
>>
>>71676507
This, but a pleb
>>
>>71675956
>>71676088
>“I think Jennifer Jason Leigh is the best actress in America,” White said. “He thinks I hate his mother, but I really love his wife. That seems not to matter. I’m on record calling her the best actress in the ’90s, but that seems not to matter. So, where is the grudge? You look at my reviews of Jennifer Jason Leigh and I’m praising her to the skies.”

Seems good in my book.
>>
As much as I want to say it's satire, I think he's being completely serious and I respect him for that especially since he always has well written and insightful critiques even if you disagree. The guy knows how to write as well, which is nice considering every other reviewer dumbs it down so much that it basically reads as "OMG this is the best/worst thing ever!" since hyperbole is the new norm.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.