[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: recall and robocop2.jpg (273 KB, 1058x800) Image search: [Google]
recall and robocop2.jpg
273 KB, 1058x800
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?
>>
File: 1467148231710.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1467148231710.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
how do I stop receiving these messages?
>>
dude, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>71669638
both total recall and Robocop were made for adult audiences. so the children who grew up to be manchildren didn't give a rat's ass about them.
>>
>>71669638
because those two were shit into the sea of shit that is remakes but ghostbusters remake was the turd that overflowed it.

It was extra infuriating because they blatantly made a decision to make this shit movie a statement (what with that pic showing all the females working in there holding a sign with their job written on it) and when people started to express their opinion that ghostbusters remake looked like shit they got jumped on by the sjw army of autists screaming "misogyny" or "racist" which is bullshit because now I don't feel safe calling a shit movie shit before checking my privilege.
>>
those were just standard hollywood classic rapes

The Ghostbusters one comes with all this sanctimonious girl power shit
>>
>>71669638
who gives a f***
>>
>>71669638
The difference is that neither rebootcop or total reboot had incredibly boisterous groups championing them from the beginning of production. Nobody wanted them to be good once the found out they were remakes. Nobody gave a shit about them.

With lady ghostbusters the tumblr crowd came out in favor of it before they were even shooting. So it had a lot of buzz about how progressive and awesome if was going to be.

That kind of talk invites dissent, and with it looking shittier and shittier from the Sony leaks and the eventual trailer, it just reinforced those dissenting opinions. Eventually that made its defenders that much more aggressive vocal in favor of it and against its detractors, which causes a feedback loop of hate with those detractors.

It's become an absolute fuck pile of internet bullshit. I love it.
>>
>>71669638
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/remake%20hullabaloo/

Don't feed the kraken. Sage, report.
>>
>>71670746
Cuck
>>
>>71671438
don't be so hard on yourself
>>
There was a Total Recall remake?
>>
>>71669880

>>because those two were shit into the sea of shit that is remakes but ghostbusters remake was the turd that overflowed it.

Should have stopped there. It doesn't mean the rest of your post is wrong, or bad... But that ,alone, had so much more energy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.