[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After watching T2 for the third time I've realised something.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
After watching T2 for the third time I've realised something. Why does the T-1000 like that cop disguise so much? He can shape-shift into any being he wants and yet for the majority of the movie, he dresses like a pretty gay looking cop, even in scenes were at wasn't necessary.
>>
Because if some unknown element enters the scene, it's better for him to already be in a shape that commands authority and cooperation.
>>
>>71659735
Because it would be easy to just hire one actor to play him.
>>
>>71659753
Well shit.
>>
>>71659753
fpbp
>>
>>71659735

>3rd time?
>>
>>71659735
good point

he should have just approached john connor in the arcade looking like a hot af chick
>>
>>71659819
Are you saying I haven't watched it enough? 'Cause I can do it a few more times.
>>
File: 99 Insight.webm (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
99 Insight.webm
1 MB, 480x360
>>71659753
I don't have any applause gifs or webms, so have this instead.
>>
File: Fargo S02e05 USAUSAUSAUSA.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fargo S02e05 USAUSAUSAUSA.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>71659934

For the next time.

also the T-100 has three hands in the chopper chase.
>>
>>71659973
Beautiful.
>>
>>71659776

how was that not completely obvious to you?
>>
>>71659759

Also it's less confusing for the audience.
>>
>>71659934

>The Thing, made in Japan
>>
>>71659842
robots might not have the kind of logic that includes 'hormonal impulses of teenagers'
>>
>>71659735
What's with all the worthless namefags popping up recently? Fucking attention whores.
>>
>>71660123
>>71659842

Speaking of this I like the idea that the T-1000 while having access to more resources from choosing a figure of authority also works against him in that John Connor is a delinquent so other than being a robot sent to kill him he's also the last thing John wants to see right now.

Also Future John programs the T-800 to seek out a disguise to suit his teenage tastes, an anti-authority figure like a biker.
>>
>>71660207
That's ironic.
>>
>>71660222
You lucky cunt, I want trips.
>>
>>71660231
How so? I'm not worthless, my tripcode is half a decade old.
>>
>>71660254
Explain how that makes you not worthless?
>>
He's at the galleria
>>
>>71660254
>>71660306
Guys, let's not start an argument.
>>
>>71660306
Because I actually have a name here, unlike the namefags and tripfags who do it for attention, if you google my trip you'll find archived posts from as far back as 2010.
>>
File: 1467474058257.jpg (69 KB, 750x724) Image search: [Google]
1467474058257.jpg
69 KB, 750x724
>>71660254
>it's a tripfag thinks they're important thread
welcome reddit!
>>
>>71660351
and yet still no explanation on how that means you are not worthless

a grandma 82 years old sitting in old folks home with alzheimer has all your qualities, still pretty worthless
>>
>>71660343
You're clearly new and a woman, you're not welcome here, leave.

>>71660360
Abatap called me a nigger a hundred times, of course I'm important.
>>
>>71659753

This guy already nailed it so this will just be commentary.

The "character" of the liquid metal robot simply had a stroke of great luck when it "sampled" a cop first. Even if it didn't assume the original human cop's form as a default form for the remainder of the film (they should have done this desu, it's a small detail they missed, Stewart should have played both the robot and also the original human cop), it did get his clothes, vehicle, etc. So it's reasonable to suppose that the machine recognized its good luck about the cop encounter, "learned" just as the Arnold robot learns, and simply decided to stick with what works. The robot gets all the ancillary stuff that it wants from everybody all the time with zero effort, short of its mission objective. It probably didn't even have to kill that other cop to get his bike. Had it looked like a homeless black guy, this would have hampered its efficiency, and it knows this.

In terms of practical storytelling, it helps the audience for the antagonist to have a "primary" form, to give the audience a base to latch onto. For a largely white audience that has a theoretically better relationship with cops, the initial form also neutrally suggests "good guy" to set up a fake for the spoiler that the T-1000 is in fact the bad guy and Arnold is the good guy, which we don't know for a fact until the mall hallway fight about a half hour in.

I have a treatment for an alternate opening, along the lines that I've suggested. Electrical storm, energy sphere, humanoid form materializing but we never get a good look at a face. Cop rolls up, investigates, walks around a lot of BROKEN GLASS which is typical... but then strangely he finds a HUGE MIRROR propped up against a truck. How is this thing not broken? He touches it... and

jump-cut. The same cop is walking quickly and purposefully back to his vehicle. Nothing seems to have happened. The cop puches up "JOHN CONNOR" and the hunt is on.
>>
>>71660387
If you've been here for more than a couple of years you wouldn't be questioning me.
>>
>>71659753.
came in thread to post a shitter version of this.

might as well keep the disguise
>>
>>71660445
>>71660407
Sorry, forgot my trip, had to agree with myself in another thread.
>>
>>71660445
thats exactly what the alzheimer grandma says as well
>>
>>71660407
>implying I'm a newfag
Nigger, I'm semi-newfag at the most. I started posting a month ago and then I got banned for a month.
>>
>>71660207
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>71660207
Krager shut the fuck up
>>
>>71660473
Just get out of here, you bring the board's quality down, women don't deserve to be here, also can't tell if you're trolling about being new.

>>71660482
Go back to r/movies.
>>
>>71659735
It's just the right size and shape to contain all the liquid metal in an efficient way that also allows him to use arm blades when needed.
>>
>>71660561
>>71660473
>>71660466
these are all bait

if they're not, then you should seriously consider killing yourselves

t. everyone else
>>
>>71660613
Found another vapid whore. Women aren't welcome here, go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>71660561
>Hi there!
>You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
>Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

I can't find /movies on this site, and this is the only site I visit so.... help.
>>
>>71660561
I'm just trying to make a name for myself around this site.
>>
>>71660675
stop pretending you're me
>>
>>71660675
Show us your tits and we'll give you attention.
>>
>>71660644
Fuck off you filthy little nigger
>>
>>71659735
>talking shit about Robert Patrick
I will fight you.
>>
>>71660675
>>71660693
Had to get a tripcode because of these impersonators.
>>
>>71660697
> edgy whore thinks calling me a nigger will make her fit in

You're only worth your holes.
>>
I like to finger my dogs butt
>>
>>71660709
I'm the real Princess Scarlet because I'm a mobilefag and I don't know how to tripcode.
>>
>>71660709
>>71660744
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>>
>>71660757
Why are you impersonating me? I'm this board's queen now.
>>
>>71660789
I'm the fucking OP!
>>
>>71660776
I've been posting on this board since before you hit puberty, you're the one who's made a mistake.
>>
>>71660808
Why would you just lie about things on the internet? Ugh!
>>
>>71660814
Hi there!

been here since 1996 bro
>>
>>71660026

This

The T-1000 even uses his disguise as a tool on several occasions.

When he's asking John's parents where he is, when he's asking those girls where he is. When he's asking those kids in the arcade about John. He gets into the mental hospital because he's dressed like a cop, he just rolls up to the shoot out at Cyberdyne and gets in probably because he's dressed like a cop.

It's pretty fucking obvious why it'd choose it as a default.
>>
>>71660841
That's not even my fucking personality!
>>
>>71659753

This, pretty much.

Also, the cop he killed in the first scene was just the persona that he stuck with.

Easier to maintain continuity rather than get creative when your mission as a killer robot is to remain undetected.
>>
>>71660254

I've never seen you before.
Just proves how pointless tripping is lel.
>>
I just wanted to talk about T2. What the fuck has my thread turned into?!
>>
>>71660899
All that proves is that you're extremely new, as I said before, google my trip and you get archived posts from half a dozen years ago.
>>
>>71660903
remove name and we'll talk

until then it's shitposting land

this is what tripfags do to threads, make it about them.
>>
>>71660943
hey fuck you buddy it's my fucking name and i'll use it if I like
>>
>>71660899
>>71660841
First whore to post tits with timestamp is the real princess scarlet
>>
>>71660207
Shut up you fat nigger
>>
>>71660939

I've been here since 2008. I don't pay any attention to trips unless they are actually interesting.

Trips like you who just adopt a bland name and then post your boring opinons for half a decade with no flavour or personality don't register on my radar sorry m8.

But hey, I'll remember you from now on as "that guy from that thread". Congrats, it only took you half a fucking decade to get the most minimal of attention from me lmao.
>>
>>71660991
Oh no he called me a nigger I'm fuming mad.
>>
>>71660969
Wanna know who the real one is? It's me because I admit to not being a female! PrincessScarlet is just my fucking YouTube name!
>>
>be t-1000
>disguise as john connors' ginger friend
>trick him to go to play videogames at my house
>when it's his turn i kill him
>>
>>71661045
Could be a lie for all I know, at least I provided evidence.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (12 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
12 KB, 380x405
>>71660814
>>71660856
>they didn't even posted under Carter's administration
>>
>>71661069

I don't care what you think. You're a no-name tripfag.

Real tripfags become board boogeymen and everyone knows and fears them.

Abatap, Lanced Jack. Names like those that live on long after they stop actually posting.

You are fucking nobody. Worse than that, you're trying to be an attention whoring faggot and you can't even do that successfully lel.
>>
>>71661051
What the fuck!?!?! Of course I'm female! Stop pretending to be a Transgender version of me!!11
>>
>>71661119
Then what are you the goddess of?
>>
File: 1451269413694.jpg (9 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
1451269413694.jpg
9 KB, 250x229
>>71661113
> refrences a /v/ tripfag

It all adds up, you're a juvenile manchild with a worthless hobby and you're clearly new here.
>>
>>71661165
Stop posting here, I'm serious.
>>
>>71661186
Ok. Just remember me as the real PrincessScarlet.
>>
>>71661170

My m8 you spend your days trying to become noticed on an anonymous image board and you admit you've been doing it for over half a decade.

I don't think you're in any position to call other people's hobbies into question.

Also you imply that I must know of Lanced Jack because I play video games. Yet you also know of Lanced Jack despite hating video games. By your own logic you must also play video games surely?

Just another example of why you will never become a famous trip. You are too stupid! hahaha.
>>
Welp, a good thread ruined by tripfags' attentiowhoring.
>>
>>71661251
You referenced a /v/ tripfag /tv/, /v/ is a containment board full of SJWs and whiteknights, of course I'm going to call you out on it, say what you want but if you don't recognize that dirty nigger krager, as much as we hate him, you're new.
>>
File: 4L_N2hENbcB.jpg (89 KB, 1317x193) Image search: [Google]
4L_N2hENbcB.jpg
89 KB, 1317x193
>this thread
>>
>>71661315

I don't recognise any of you tripfags. You're all completely shit at what you do nowadays.

I only ever notice you when other anons complain about tripfags. You aren't outrageous, you might as well be anonymous lol.
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (1 MB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
1 MB, 500x211
>mfw i cry like a bitch every time
>>
>>71661356
> if you don't spend 18 hours a day spamming a board ur a bad tripfag11!1!+

Nice opinion there
>>
>>71661400

That is literally the definition of a bad tripfag though. If you aren't the board's boogeyman you are wasting everyone's time.

There's nothing sadder than when I notice a tripfag and my reaction is "Literally who?". Just what the fuck are you even trying to do?
>>
>>71661471
Pretty much this, only memorable one is the supermang on /fit/
>>
>>71661471
Do you know about me?
>>
>>71661400

You're a nobody, deal with it.

Go get your biggest dildo and have special moment with it to forget the pain of loneliness for a little while. Then come back here without that retarded trip.
>>
>>71660207
Get fucked you dumb nigger
>>
>>71661045
Holy shit, nigger just got fucking #rekt #thuglife #kkk #prayforacure
>>
>>71660899
No, that just shows us you're new.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.