[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TETRIS TRILOGY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 720x405-20140929tetris_x1401.jpg (77 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-20140929tetris_x1401.jpg
77 KB, 720x405
We discuss what the fuck this could possibly be about.
>>
Blocks
>>
>>71659440
Blocks with googly eyes and funny memes
>>
in case you don't believe me

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/28/tetris-films-trilogy
>>
>>71659440
Weird shaped blocks falling
Disappear if stacked just right
OP is faggot

best Haiku I could come up with on the fly
>>
>>71659440
>>71659472
Wait... WHAT?! WHY?!
>>
Aliens. Its always aliens. It'll have nothing to do with Tetris outside of the final battle where the ayylmaos drop their geometric ships onto earth and humans have to stack them in the right way to make their cores resonate and blow up at once or some stupid bullshit.
>>
>>71659440
russians
depression
vodka
blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares blocks and squares TETRIS!!!!
>>
>>71659531
>stack them in the right way to make their cores resonate and blow up at once or some stupid bullshit

But that sounds hilarious.
>>
>>71659500
IT'S A THING
>>
>>71659481
>haiku
>>
>>71659440
Who's doing the soundtrack?
Williams, Elfman, Morricone?
>>
>>71659804
Kanye West
>>
>>71659440

It will never be as good as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
>>
>>71659558
WHY?!?!?!
>>
>>71659634

>implying it isn't a haiku
>>
>>71659440
i hope it's this

https://youtu.be/hWTFG3J1CP8
>>
>>71659634
Yeah, haiku, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>71660126
COS MONEY
>>
>>71659445
Is Jenny gonna be in it?
>>
>>71660218
a haiku its not
retardation you excel
word to your mother
>>
A Dreamworks animation original.
The year is 1990. Every kid is mad about Gameboy (not named, just suggested) with Tetris on it, everyone plays it in the arcades, suddenly the long ____ block is tired to be summoned everytime to clean the mess that players do, and decide to disappear. So the long block disappear from every game around the world, it's time for the rest of the gang (The two snobbish L, the twins S who speak with a german accent leaded by the fat O -Seth Rogen-) to find their lost friend, who will have to accept his role as cleanmaster. Eventually he was on an island eating the PacMan pills with the russian guy who dance in Tetris arcade.
>>
>>71660486
You are genuinely retarded.
>>
>>71660558
still a haiku
>>
A lot of people think they are going one of two ways.

Either they are doing some small budget films, primarily dramas set during the period, about the creator and there after.

Or they are doing some kinda Tomorrowland type thing.
>>
>>71660369
>>
>>71660819

>Either they are doing some small budget films, primarily dramas set during the period, about the creator and there after.

>the collection of short films start seemingly disconnected but eventually connect to form a cohesive and larger narrative, much like tetris blocks fitting together

P O E T R Y
>>
>>71662108
do better
>>
>>71660549
The idea of having the I block get tired of always being needed and the fact that the game completely sucks without him is pretty funny.
>>
Tetris: Past
Tetris: Present
Tetris: Future
>>
>>71659440
the real story of how the game came to be is actually somewhat unusual and interesting.
But Hollywood don't care about that kind of story nowadays, this will be about the franchise. Expect blocks. Lots.
>>
>tetris 1: sociopolitical satire of imperial Russia
>tetris 2: sociopolitical satire to the soviet union
>tetris 3: sociopolitical satire of modern russia
>>
>>71663794
tetris = russian history
>>
>>71659440
A guy, and hes way to win the tetris championship, to get the girl he love
>>
>>71663794
>>71660819
>>71659539
agreed. It's mostly likely going to revolve around the creator of the game and what he had to go through to get it made. It will most likely end up being a sociopolitical drama about certain events (Olympic boycotts or war with Afghanistan?) in Russia during the 1980s.
>>
>>71661907
nigger
>>
File: stalin.jpg (21 KB, 350x375) Image search: [Google]
stalin.jpg
21 KB, 350x375
>>71659440
>what the fuck this could possibly be about.

Communism.
>>
>>71659440
It'll be worse than "Pixels".
>>
>>71660218
It's a quatrain stanza you cunt
>>
>>71666021
A QUATrain stanza consisting of three lines.
You're the worst of niggers!
>>
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/687389-tetris-movie-will-shoot-in-china-in-2017
>we are aiming for the chinese market, completely coincidental. we just love the asian setting :)
>>
>A careful evaluation of Bulgaria as a Soviet satellite state in the 1950s, focusing on a small boy and his family as they live an almost bleak existence

You don't really think its a video game movie, right?
>>
>>71666269
How wet the summer
Urine stains in her knickers
Piss in my kana
>>
>>71659481
that's not a haiku
>it just has to be short and three lines
'no', baka gaijin
>>
>>71666497
It's almost as good a haiku as gaijin haikus get.
>>
>>71666548
gaijin haikus can be good if they just try with some seasonal imagery, they're important to it. just a few lines of random words does not a haiku make. this >>71666425 is better
>>
>>71659531
/thread
>>
>>71666613
The latter was mine. And it was a "fuck you!"-haiku
>>
I'm going to crash this thread
>>71666666
>>
>>71659440
It's "sci-fi" so its aliens. Aliens and videogames and/or piloting. Generic trash designed to sell toys.
>>
i expect lots of cgi/explosions/aliens/robots, the chinese eat that shit up.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=CH&id=transformers4.htm
>>
>>71659440
So that's what the Chinese market has done to Hollywood...
>>
>>71667106
>abstract is sci-fi
Tetris could be anything. Yes, if you take the blocks literally, you're going to have sci-fi.

The script could be smart and play on the franchise's nature as a video game - the futility of endless puzzle-solving in an environment of predetermined constrained optimization and the inherent design of games in general to distract users from reality (or even commentary on the modern competitive greed of the industry; manifested in a marketing maw devised as a venus fly trap to attract the unwary, wrap them in addiction and consume their time and resources for no beneficial output), but Kubrick is dead and audiences don't want to think, so that's not going to happen.

It'll definitely be commentary on red Russia or some stupid alien flick, but it didn't have to be sci-fi just because it's abstract.
>>
>>71667869
It doesn't have to be sci-fi because shapes, it has to be sci-fi because that's what they said it was going to be.

Here’s what Threshold CEO Larry Kasanoff had to say about how the film will adapt the game:

“It’s a very big, epic sci-fi movie. This isn’t a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page. We’re not giving feet to the geometric shapes. … Brands are the new stars of Hollywood. We have a story behind Tetris which makes it a much more imaginative thing. … We certainly have the canvas for location-based entertainment based on the epicness. … What you [will] see in ‘Tetris’ is the teeny tip of an iceberg that has intergalactic significance.”
>>
>>71668082
>What you [will] see in ‘Tetris’ is the teeny tip of an iceberg that has intergalactic significance

>on one hand, could be deep imagery that will be dissected for meaning even decades later and remain a timeless commentary on the human condition; an achievement of film
>on the other, could still be bargain-bin aliens with Tetris somehow involved

I'll remain cautiously pessimistic. "Sci-fi" is a very big genre, but no living producer is capable of subtlety.
>>
Who Theme B here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VNyQgGSXzQ
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.