[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NO DARN FLABIT I SAID THE SHERIFF IS A N-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: TN9WlVN.gif (2 MB, 404x305) Image search: [Google]
TN9WlVN.gif
2 MB, 404x305
NO DARN FLABIT I SAID THE SHERIFF IS A N-
>>
>>71650935
When I was like 10 I used to try and sneak the tape to my family VCR and watch some before my mother would find out. They put it on a high ledge where I couldn't reach. Then when I was 13 I used to do the same, except for fap material in the very beginning with the girl.
>>
File: 980.jpg (10 KB, 250x261) Image search: [Google]
980.jpg
10 KB, 250x261
>tfw recommended this movie to a black dude at a party who was asking for funny movies to watch the other night

My bro looked at me when I said it and was like "Ehhhhhhhh".
>>
>>71651889

Oh come on, unless he's completely humorless he'll find it funny. My friend is black and he thinks it's hilarious.

It works because the town isn't racist out of genuine hate, they're just stupid and ignorant.
>>
>>71651889
even black people think it's funny

the WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT? part especially
>>
What movie?
>>
>>71652210

Really? The funniest thing to me was always Gene Wilder shooting everyone's guns but the camera jumps making it look like his hands never moved.
>>
>Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
>You spare the women?
>Naw, we rape the shit out of them at the Number Six Dance later on.
>Marvelous!

Mel Brooks could not have gotten that line past the studios if he made it today.
>>
>>71652302
I think the rape stuff takes a back seat to "that uppity nigger went and hit me on the head with a shovel"
>>
>>71650935
Bad posture from a lifetime working in mine shafts. Why is it considered perfectly ok the degrade and mock white blue collar workers? They keep the country running for Jews to relax, but Jews seem to have nothing but contempt for them.
>>
>>71652426

Yeah. Keep in mind this movie came out only 8 years after the Civil Rights Act was signed in, so a lot of people even at the time said "maybe we shouldn't put out anything that makes race relations worse"

Then the movie came out, and people loved it. Primarily because even though it was gratuitious, people watching could tell that it was never meant to be hateful. It was just having fun with the ridiculousness of the racist townsfolk.
>>
It's a shame Cleavon Little didn't really have a film career beyond this movie. He had great comedic timing as an actor.
>>
File: russian soldier.gif (245 KB, 262x238) Image search: [Google]
russian soldier.gif
245 KB, 262x238
They could NEVER get away with this shit today.

If Mel made another film, he would be crucified by the SJWs.

Sorry, that's just the way cinema is now.
>>
>>71652546
I just thought it was hilarious how natural it was for Slim Pickens to say nigger. I've never seen another person say nigger with such a natural flow
>>
>>71652435
Landscaper here. Fuck off, we don't need your pity
>>
>>71652674

Calm the fuck down, Miguel.
>>
>>71652630

It's just as well. The last major movie he had a lot of input was the Nathan Lane remake of The Producers, and it wasn't that good. Not to mention Dracula: Dead and Loving It.

Robin Hood Men in Tights was his last good movie, and even that is in the lower-mid tier of Mel Brooks films.

>>71652657

He apparently was a pretty big proponent of civil rights in his private life. Which just shows how good of an actor he is that he can say it so naturally.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.