[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iv'e been watching Seinfeld for the first time in order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: 1200.jpg (78 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
78 KB, 1200x675
Iv'e been watching Seinfeld for the first time in order and i watched the deal where Jerry and Elaine get back together. Then i watched the rest of the season and it's never mentioned again.

So what the fuck is going on? Was this just a "what if" episode or...?
>>
It's a sitcom, there is a certain status quo that that show returns to at the end of most episodes and is expected to start from next episode
>>
>>71649318
then why would they make an episode like this to begin with?
>>
>>71649256
Did you miss the episode that was nothing but 30 minutes of hardcore penetration? Missionary, doggy, anal and more. That really wrapped up the whole plotline.
>>
It's a fucking sitcom who care about long run plot? Friends fucking killed the genre
>>
>>71649371
because you can do that in sitcom and not give a fuck about little continuities.
>>
they don't even really get back together. they just decide they want to be friends but also have sex, i.e., "friends with benefits."

but they find that that doesn't really work out too well, so they decide to stop having sex and just be friends. everything is resolved by the end of this episode and i don't know what the issue is.
>>
>>71649256
90s tv doesn't link so much like now a days.
each episode is it's own thing. That episode was Larry and Jerry deciding that those two characters would like fuck around on occasion just to help each other out and to diffuse any tension. They will never mention it again you should just assume it happens from time to time and no one cares.
>>
>>71649432
but Larry David was notorious for keeping continuity and being great at it
>>
>>71652158
yeah i don't really get the episode either
>>
>>71649256
They mention it in this video. The executives wanted them to have a romantic relationship and larry david and jerry didn't want to write it in, feeling it was unecessary. The episodes in season one where they were messing around are the result of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8_2hPjljag
>>
File: The_junior_mint.jpg (19 KB, 337x233) Image search: [Google]
The_junior_mint.jpg
19 KB, 337x233
QUICK, POST YOUR FAVORITE SEINFELD EPISODE

>The Junior Mint
>>
File: 1467502878250.png (240 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1467502878250.png
240 KB, 500x374
>>71649256
hot
>>
>>71649318
How the hell is Seinfeld like any other regular sitcom?

George meeting Susan, the engagement, Susan dying - all of this makes Seinfeld more than a sitcom where the show DOES NOT return to how it was in the beginning when each episode ends.
>>
>>71653043
that was later in the show's run
>>
Actually it is resolved in the next season. The episode where Jerry and Elaine go to Florida.
>>
from wiki

Series co-creator Larry David wrote the episode, which was directed by Tom Cherones.[1] Since the start of the show, NBC executives, especially Warren Littlefield, had been pressuring the writing staff to get Jerry and Elaine back together.[2][3] Larry David had been against this idea from the start.[2][3] However, brainstorming for an episode idea, he remembered he had once made a deal with a woman to have a purely physical relationship,[2][4] which he thought "would make a really funny show, even if they had never [told us to get Jerry and Elaine back together]".[3] Though Jerry and Elaine are still in a relationship at the end of the episode, they are no longer together by the end of the season.[2] Seinfeld and David decided that they had satisfied the NBC executives and went back to the original format.[2][3] Seinfeld and David have also noted that "The Deal" is the only Seinfeld episode ever to contain sincere emotions, during the scene in which Jerry and Elaine discuss the ending of their physical relationship.[4]

it seems they were forced to do this episode.
>>
File: elaine blah blaah blaaahh.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
elaine blah blaah blaaahh.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>71653080
>>
File: seinfeld.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>
File: seinfeld yankees.webm (907 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld yankees.webm
907 KB, 640x480
>>
>>71652585
The one where Elaine gets molested on the subway
>>
File: seinfeld manlet.webm (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld manlet.webm
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>
>>71653395
Who are you extra lady in the background? I don't recognize you. Does that mean your dreams failed?
>>
They get back together because they thought the series was going to end and not get picked up. The studio was always pushing for Jerry and Elaine to date because that is what happens in sitcoms around that time and Jerry and Larry were always against it, but when they didn't think the show was going to get picked up didn't care anymore because they were so stressed. So they tried to end the series on some kind of note.
>>
>>71649256
it didn't work and they broke up
>>
>>71652585
>The Marine Biologist
>The Race
>The Gymnast

are all acceptable answers
>>
>>71652158
No he wasn't, he was known for writing funny sitcom episodes that are relatable. Stop over complicating it.
>>
>>71650660
This guy fucks
>>
>>71649256
the episode ending where it began. They hooked up, fought, went back to being single.
>>
>>71653043
What the hell are you talking about, Susan's death causes George to go back to acting the way he was before.
>>
File: 1319657723007.png (38 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1319657723007.png
38 KB, 250x250
>>71653487
>>
I always assumed they were on again off again couple before the show aired kinda like how her relationship with Puddy is.
>>
>>71649256

they always intended it so that they would never hook up for good or get back together.
They talk about that in numerous interviews.
It's a show about nothing, remember?
>>
>>71658473
>Susan's death causes George to go back to acting the way he was before.
isn't that she had to die? seinfeld thought she sucked as an actress
>>
>>71653153
>Seinfeld and David have also noted that "The Deal" is the only Seinfeld episode ever to contain sincere emotions
unironically really makes you think
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.