[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else surprised that Spielberg's "The BFG"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 90.jpg (20 KB, 357x477) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
20 KB, 357x477
I kinda am, I just knew it would make more than it did, I mean, it's Spielberg and Disney and it looked like fun. Now some are saying that Spielberg may be losing his touch, do you think he has? For those that saw it, was it bad? Why do you think it wasn't more of a success in it's opening weekend?
>>
ugly fucking kikelet
>>
Well the movie sucked ass so not real
>>
Haven't seen it but if I had to guess, the CGI style looked dreary and also the marketing wasn't very appealing (that trailer was absolute shit).

There's no way it would surpass the Cosgrove Hall version so what's even the point?
>>
>>71645780
>Why do you think it wasn't more of a success in it's opening weekend?

Two words: Finding Dory. It still has Disney's family-film audience locked in - because, God knows, kids like to see the same movie five or six times in theaters and then dozens of times at home. Disney should have known better than to schedule the films only two weeks apart.
>>
Giant was super creepy looking. Shit looked like nightmare fuel not a kid's movie.
>>
It probably suffered the John Carter effect of generic title and the film is just fine.
>>
I loved the book when I was little but it's just not something I'd want to see film wise.
>>
>>71645873
>Two words: Finding Dory
>Finding Dory
>two words
>>
>>71645780

Why wouldn't it bomb?
Kids today know jack shit about books and the cgi looks Zemeckis-tier ugly.
>>
Hollywood needs to take a point: kikes don't sell. Blacks do. The white kids/womyn folks have long been doctrinated to yearn for a bull as a companion. Had they made the giant black, it would have been blockbuster.
>>
>>71645780
you're surprised it sucked?
Bet you're also surprised Norbit bombed...
Or "After Earth" too?
Bet you LOVED "Jupiter Ascending" too huh?
If you cant tell by a movie's trailer that it will suck, then you are a simpleton idiot.
>>
>>71645874
This. The movie gave me uneasy vibes just looking at it.
>>
Saving Private Ryan is the only Spielberg film I actually like to be honest
>>
Well it is surprising for $14 million (if I'm not mistaken) gross against a $140 million dollar film. More surprising since it's a big-budget Spielberg film.
>>
File: Roald Dahl.jpg (56 KB, 748x504) Image search: [Google]
Roald Dahl.jpg
56 KB, 748x504
I dropped this when the trailer claimed this was "from the imagination of Disney and Spielberg", fuck that.
>>
>>71646545
Young people today have no idea who Spielberg is.
>>
>>71646043
shit, forgot my trip
>>
>>71646545
that $14M is made up of parents thinking 'Big Fucking Gun'
>>
>>71645780
It wasn't as good as the animated movie before it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.