[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: it's May 18th, 1999
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (512 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
512 KB, 1000x1500
Considering the soon to be greatest prequel of all time, The Phantom Menace is coming out tommorow, let's have a hype thread for it.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcrzE9pZOQ
>>
It was a good movie.
I loved it when it came out.
It's still a fun flick to this day, I don't get the hate. Sure the kid wasent that great, and jar jar was gay, but the action and story was good.
Episode 6 was boring as hell and had those stupid Ewoks. No neckbeard wants to admit how shit that movie was.
>>
>>71644130
Return was the worst of the original trilogy and it's still better than Ep.1

Literally marketing to children: The movie
>>
>>71643208
Why the fuck wouldn't you post this thread on a Thursday, you fucking retarded faggot? If you're going to roleplay, make it realistic. IT'S CALLED IMMERSION; the quintessential element to any scenario-play.
>>
>>71644372
It's the day before this movie will come out fortune teller.
>>
Guys, what if this movie sucks?
>>
>>71644964
Looks like the Mandela effect is way stronger than I originally surmised. I feel sorry for you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg

Look at how happy and excited everyone is. Imagine being around back then, hyped as hell for this movie, waiting in line for literally days just so you can buy tickets. You and everyone else in line is 100% certain that this film isn't going to disappoint, that it'll be a masterpiece in the same vein as episodes 4, 5, and 6. Then, the big day arrives, and you all eagerly pack into the theater, ready to be blown away yet again like you were back in the 80s.

The title comes up. "STAR WARS". Literally everyone in the theater cheers, their screams of joy being so loud that it's quite deafening. You're all ready to relive your childhood. It's fucking Star Wars! It's going to be epic!

2 and half hours later, you leave the theater, not entirely sure of what you just saw. Maybe you need to see it again, you tell yourself. Yes, that must be it. The shock hasn't worn off yet, you just need to rewatch it without the hype and you'll feel better! Yet, no matter how many times you go back to see the film, you just can't scratch the feeling that something is off, that it's missing something which is preventing you from fully enjoying the film.

17 years later, and most everyone agrees that Episode 1 is shit. Old fans see it as a disappointment and butchering of Star Wars, new fans automatically hate it thanks to the internet telling them to hate it, and everyone else either doesn't care or knows to steer clear of it at all costs. Even people who seem to enjoy this movie seem to do so out of nostalgia, rather than the quality of the film itself.

Has there ever been a more anticipated and more disappointing film than The Phantom Menace?
>>
>>71645257
I was the last guy, got an apology letter from George Lucas, AMA.
>>
>>71644232
>Literally marketing to children: The movie
Kids are known to love trade deals and political drama. Lucas dared to think his audience could digest anything more than BAD GUYS=BAD GOOD GUYS=GOOD and it was a fatal mistake. You deserve the force awakens.
>>
>>71645257
I was 5 or 6 when I saw it in the theaters.

I probably thought some of the action was cool, but was probably put off and confused by the dialogue and the pacing towards the end. Episodes 2 and 3 I hardly remember that all, though I probably like 3 better.
>>
>>71645257
I like to think that guy dressed as Darth Maul is the real Darth Maul.
>>
File: 43798439423.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
43798439423.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
>>71645257
Some context:

Roland Emmerich was hot off of Independence Day ($817.4 million) and expectations were that G98 would top Jurassic Park ($900 million) and Titanic ($1.84 billion) in box office earnings. Instead, G98 was universally panned and made only $379 million worldwide.
>>
It was a movie for kids.

If the fans hated it its because by 1999 they were a bunch of oldfags.
>>
>>71643208
Can't wait to see if they further explore the lore of the force
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.