[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lights Out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Seriously though, why do critics and audiences love James Wan but /tv/ absolutely hates him?
>>
but both Conjuring movies are great
>>
>>71642790
/tv/ loves wan
we were upset when we thought he was off of Aquaman.
>>
His output is the highest quality of the mainstream "blockbuster" horror, but it's nonetheless mainstream and thus verboten around here. Evidence: all the people comparing Conjuring with Sinister and lumping them in the same basket.

Also he's put out some real duds and so you can rightfully wheel those out as examples for why he sucks. Insidious...
>>
Dead Silence has the best twist. What a dumb (great) fucking movie.
>>
I don't believe any non-white is capable of producing worthwhile art.
>>
File: f.png (11 KB, 348x191) Image search: [Google]
f.png
11 KB, 348x191
wow
>>
>>71642894
>Conjuring with Sinister and lumping them in the same basket.
Why the heck shouldn't they get lumped together?
>>
>>71642790
I like Wan.
I thought TC2 was his best film yet.
>>
>>71643599
better than the first Saw movie?
>>
Death sentence and Saw are the only good films Wan has ever made and even they aren't very good
>>
Lights Off isn't directed, produced, or written by Wan. They just attached his name to sell because hes hot right now.
>>
>>71644634
It is produced by him.

Even the director said he was pretty hands-on during filming.
>>
>>71644634
He has both producer and co-writer credit. He scouted the director was part of the process of turning a 3 minute short into a feature length film.
>>
Conjuring was the most basic shit I've ever seen. Totally unexciting. Insidious has maybe one good scene with nice direction (gas masks and contacting spirit world), but the rest was garbage.

It's popcorn horror that girls like to go see.
>>
>>71644959
back to your cuck shed. Horror movies aren't high art.
>>
>>71645320
Suspiria
Rosemary's Baby
Possession
Et cetera
>>
>>71645742
All great movies with fantastic cinematography. Not high art. They literally won't be remembered in 80 years, much less 200.
>>
>>71645881
Kek please armchair art aficionado. Test of time is a shitty criteria for merit that's covered and argued against directly in any aesthetics class.
>>
>>71642790
>/tv/ hates James Wan

Citation needed.
>>
File: 1465071090356.jpg (24 KB, 450x327) Image search: [Google]
1465071090356.jpg
24 KB, 450x327
>>71645881
can you be an even bigger faggot? Suspiria is getting a remake, rosemary's baby is still hailed today as one of the greatest plot twists and possession is a cult classic
kill yourself faggot go back to watching annabelle or something else
>>
>>71646731
>Suspiria

>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.