[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nips aside, is 2D animation dead for ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: A-Christmas-Carol-007.jpg (41 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
A-Christmas-Carol-007.jpg
41 KB, 460x276
Nips aside, is 2D animation dead for ever?
>>
Not on youtube.
>>
>>71634821
all computer animation is 2D

only stop motion animation is 3D
>>
Not while I'm alive.
>>
>>71634875
>>71634856
>>71634921

Ok, so is traditional animation dead in cinema?
>>
>>71634821
Nah it'll come back fairly soon hopefully. Pixar are going down the shitter atm & the only film I've seen recently that looks like it's doing something kind of exciting & different with CGI was Kung Fu Panda 3. People have been thinking stop motion was going to die for ages, it only takes a fresh look like Mr. Fox or Mary & Max to get people wanting to make more of it.
>>
>>71634875
Not 3D unless you're watching them animate it live you fuckwit.
>>
Is hand drawn animation dead and gone forever?

I'm getting sick of the flash/cel shaded animation everywhere nowadays
>>
File: lupin.jpg (72 KB, 610x434) Image search: [Google]
lupin.jpg
72 KB, 610x434
>>71634946
Yes, it's much harder to produce and the LCD soaks up 3DCG like a sponge.
While overall quality of 2D animation as a whole has gone down for a variety of reasons, it's still much more enjoyable than 3D animation for me personally.
>>
2D animation will be back after most of our technology is destroyed by a massive EMP, caused by China detonating most of their nuclear warheads in the stratosphere above Antarctica during WW3.

It will take a couple of hundreds of years tho, civilization takes time to rebuild.
>>
>>71634856
Any good channels??
>>
Takes more money to produce.

Takes more talent to be proficient at.

Unlike 3d you need a couple of extremely talented animators working on set-piece scenes to make those look great.

Takes much more effort to redo a scene if it doesn't work and in order to tweak anything you need to redraw a lot.

Currently 3d sells so much that the audience expects it and any hand-drawn animated movie would likely underperform.
>>
>>71635318
Just because 2D animation it isn't dead doesn't mean what youtuber 'animators' make is any good.
>>
Does Disney still employ 'traditional' animators? Even just to test new shit?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxax5EKg0zA

it'll come back when you can use ai assistants to change computer animation to a 2d style.
>>
>>71634821
Yes, your childhood was the last time it was good
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.