[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: tv-570.jpg (45 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
tv-570.jpg
45 KB, 570x380
What went wrong?
>>
The general audience is too pleb to appreciate greatness.
>>
i only watched season one, i thought it was alright. never watched any more, not sure why. are the other seasons worth it?

i imagine i could get tired of mads fast, unless he changed a bit in the later seasons. a bit one dimensional for a series 2bh. like having anthony hopkins and jodie foster for an entire show.
>>
>>71632949

It just gets better IMO. Season 2 finale is one of the best episodes I've seen, of any show
>>
>>71633063
When the fox hears the rabbit scream, he comes running. But not to help.
>>
>>71632867

First half of season 3
>>
First two seasons were great, first half of season 3 was ridiculously pretentious, ending was meh
>>
File: hannibals moving mind palace.jpg (384 KB, 1000x656) Image search: [Google]
hannibals moving mind palace.jpg
384 KB, 1000x656
>>71632867

No 4th season
Not enough Cannibal Kung-Fu
Didnt show the cattle prod inside of Mason
Freddie was terribly rude and got away with it
No one gave Graham the D
>>
shit the bed halfway through season 2

season 3 was a trainwreck
>>
>>71634982
>Kung-Fu
Whatchu talkin bout?
>>
>>71633555
That was literally the best part of the entire series though.
>>
>>71635284

Talkin bout Hannibal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwHATDeJhU
>>
>>71635284
>>71635345

Was Hannibal a professional-tier martial artist in the books?
I know he killed a lot of people, but I always assumed it was by outsmarting them.
>>
File: 1466597419526.jpg (166 KB, 633x637) Image search: [Google]
1466597419526.jpg
166 KB, 633x637
>>71635530

Hes mentioned as being good at hand-to-hand, but most of his biggest kills come from disabling a person when they were unaware of his presence. Like the Miriam Lass scene, and Graham in the Red Dragon movie.

Later on, Harris wrote Hannibal Rising, and I think there is a little bit in there about him having martial arts training when he lived with his Japanese aunt.
>>
>>71635530
>>71635685
This. He gutted Will Graham by taking off his shoes and sneaking up behind him with a linoleum knife. He mutilated the nurse at the Baltimore mental hospital by grabbing her and biting when she got too close. He gave Mason Verger drugs and convinced him to mutilate himself. He knocked Pazzi out and tied him up before he killed him. And he also killed some people by shooting them with pistols and a crossbow.
But I'm not complaining about the fight scenes; they were exciting to watch.
>>
In the books, it's pretty clear Hannibal fucking hates Will Graham and wants to fuck with him. In the show, they are full-blown gay lovers. I have no idea how Fuller got that interpretation from the book he read unless it's just a Freudian thing on his part.

I also wish they would get the Red Dragon himself right for once. In the novels, he's got a huge mustache and his tattoo isn't of the entire painting, it's just a tail on his lower back/leg. He's also buff as fuck, which the show kind of hinted at but the actor was not in nearly good enough shape to make the character as intimidating as he needed to be.

I did love Mads' portrayal of Hannibal, though. Better than Hopkins and Cox, in my opinion.
>>
>>71635829
>In the books, it's pretty clear Hannibal fucking hates Will Graham and wants to fuck with him. In the show, they are full-blown gay lovers. I have no idea how Fuller got that interpretation from the book he read unless it's just a Freudian thing on his part.
If I remember correctly Fuller was inspired by the parts in Red Dragon where Lecter fucks with Graham's head and tells him that he (Graham) also enjoys killing people. The romantic/gay subtext was probably because Fuller is queer.
It does suck that there's never been a bodybuilder Dolarhyde on screen. He would be absolutely terrifying if portrayed correctly.
I agree on Mads. His is probably the closest performance to the literary character there is.
>>
File: 49797283_p14_master1200.jpg (255 KB, 550x782) Image search: [Google]
49797283_p14_master1200.jpg
255 KB, 550x782
>>71635829

>Do you know how you caught me,Will?
>Goodbye, Dr. Lecter-
>You caught me because-
>Good bye.
>You caught me because we're just alike!

I find it infinitely amusing that Hannibal always gets caught by some weirdo hayseed. I mean he always prides himself on his acumen and wit, whimsy nearly always gets him caught.
And not by erudite socialites like Du Maurier or old hands like Crawford- just drunken white trash like Graham and newfag rookie Starling.

Even Molly outsmarted the Red Dragon
>>
>>71632867
dont know
but Valhalla Rising was the shit wasnt it?
>>
>>71636107
Graham wasn't drunken white trash when he busted Hannibal. He was, in all honesty, the best profiler the FBI had ever seen when it came to serial killers.
>>
Absolutely nothing went wrong.
>>
File: 36491887_p0.jpg (275 KB, 693x750) Image search: [Google]
36491887_p0.jpg
275 KB, 693x750
>>71636177

Chrome ate my reply- HOWEVER.
I remember the Red Dragon novel saying the Graham often ended up drinking whenever he worked his aspie magic on a case.
Generally because the killer-murder-associations in his mind were way too strong for him to handle otherwise.

He went full alcoholic post Red Dragon when Dolorhyde carved him up.
>>
>>71636122
>but Valhalla Rising was shit wasnt it?
It sure was anon
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 331x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 331x490
>>71636601
I think a season 4 mightve shown us an alkie Graham, or the start of it.
>>
When watching seasons 1 and 2 I found myself questioning whether the series was good. It certainly had its ups and downs.

Season 3 put me to sleep and I couldn't get through more than 4 episodes
>>
>>71636817

>ywn see a drunken graham trying to mentor Starling while she trips over several million dogs

Why did NBC do this? ;_;
>>
>>71636831

Its because they put the protagonist in a cage.
When Hannibals not getting up to mischief the show goes nowhere.
>>
>>71636831

Season 3 was the best you fucking troglodyte
>>
The ending scene in season 3 was perfect
>>
The show was never my thing. All style over substance, though it was really good style. Any episode where Hannibal wasn't getting up to shenanigans was lacking.

Also his ability to basically mind control everyone was pretty ridiculous.

I'll be damned if it wasn't entertaining, though. Never did watch season 3.
>>
>>71638564
You should watch just for the two scenes, the last one and the one where Hannibal gets his shit kicked in by Morpheus
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.