[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would he have gotten away with it if he pretended to be stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Death_Note.jpg (696 KB, 2100x2100) Image search: [Google]
Death_Note.jpg
696 KB, 2100x2100
Would he have gotten away with it if he pretended to be stupid instead of trying to outsmart L all the time? If he just convinced everyone he'd be too dumb to be a criminal mastermind, then he probably would have have escaped suspicion altogether.
>>
>>71631817
He would have gotten away with it if he didn't attack/kill the people that were investigating him.
If he wanted to be a real smartass he could have just anyone die at a certein time of the day, everyday of the week and give no shit about L etc.
Also: not /tv/ yet.
>>
File: keithstafld.jpg (83 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
keithstafld.jpg
83 KB, 350x350
>pathetic whitey cuckboi thought he could outsmart superior nigga brain
>>
>>71631817
EGO
>>
All he had to do was not follow a pattern and kill various people from around the world instead lolnocriminalsinjapan.
>>
>>71631914
He did, though. It was N that ultimately defeated him.
>>
I never watched the cartoon but the premise intrigues me.
I do know the show is all about how he slips through the mind of everyone as being the real killer, but how is he put on the spotlight at all?
All he has to do is sit at home, write down a name and presto.
What was the moment where he fucked up and gave himself away?
>>
>>71631992
The plot makes him act extra retarded so L basically narrows down on him within first few episodes (like killing an innocent on television or hacking his dad's police database and leaving fuckload of traces). The rest of the show is basically L and Light playing a game of i-know-that-he-knows-that-I-know-that-he-knows ad nauseam
>>
>>71631992
When you write a name the person dies within 40s.
He wrote names when he left school til the evening or some shit, which lead to a pattern.
Not sure but I think he primarily killed japanese criminals or atleast the first once were.
L deducted he must be in Japan.
He "live" broadcasted a man claiming to be L (with his real name on portait) that said he will take him down.
Light kills him because he got fucking mad at someone calling him evil.
Broadcast wasn't live and L now knows where in Japan Light lives.
Light fucks himself over multiple times, if he wasn't an arrogant prick, he would never have been caught.
>>
wasn't he getting straight As (or 100s) in school? kinda hard to pretend you're a retard all of a sudden.
>>
>>71632125
>>71632103
Oh I see, kind of dissapointing then.
Though he is under the influence of a Shinigami, does that dude corrupt him at all? It would make more sense for him to do stupid shit when a god of death is right next to him.

Either way I shouldn't really give much credit when one of the plot points is how this weird NEET fujo bait is " the best detective in the world".
>>
>>71632198
good point, gg
>>
File: vstarterpack.jpg (457 KB, 1994x948) Image search: [Google]
vstarterpack.jpg
457 KB, 1994x948
>>71631817
>>
File: mikami.jpg (30 KB, 364x384) Image search: [Google]
mikami.jpg
30 KB, 364x384
His downfall happened because he trusted an actual retard, so clearly its not the best idea
>>
>>71632372
oh no /v/ is defilling /tv/ our quality content is in jeopardy
pfffffftaha
>>
>>71632338

If anything he's smart enough to manipulate more than one Shinigami, at least at first.
>>
>>71632372
/co/ didn't watch toonami as kids?
>>
>grab a gun
>shoot L in a face
Wew
sure was simple
>>
>>71631817
Except he would actually have to be clever not to be caught, so it's double difficult for him to pretend to be dumb. I agree his hubris is part of why he is caught, but from the get go of the series L already knows Light is clever and does not underestimate him at all. And while particularly clever in a regular sense (apt student, talks well, knows his shit), he does pretend stupidity, he even forces himself ignorant at some point. It was just too late. His care with not being caught can only get more and more sophisticated as his past attempts fail, starting with killing the guy on tv and then condemned to never get the chase down a level.

>>71632338
The Shinigami is just some guy. He has powers, he has some creepy moments at certain points, but he talks to Light with a certain indifference. The Shinigami is from the very beggining doing it for fun, the kind of fun you'd have by watching tv after a million years in the desert. He is just watching it, sometimes commenting, sometimes joking and helping just slightly so he can watch some more, but never merely defending Light.

And you know, I had the same feeling about Death Note before I've read it (never watched the anime, only read the manga). But once you go past the NEET best detective, the mastermind teenage killer, and so on, taking it as part of the fantasy, Death Note can be really enjoyable. It's one of my favourite fiction on two characters trying to outsmart each other.
>>
everything Light did was because he was a sociopath bored by life.

He didn't care about winning as much as he cared about a "fun game" where he could gloat over how much smarter he was than everyone else.
>>
>>71632654
>get arrested for murder
>>
More importantly DeathNote is for fags
>>
>>71632869
>say Kira's meme magic made you do it
>your cop dad bails you out
>L is still dead
>>
>>71632869
>use death note to have one of the cops around him that he knows their name to allahu ackbar next to L
>>
>>71631817
Light made a lot of critical mistakes early on that unnecessarily gave away information about himself, and the Death Note itself. But without that the story couldn'tve happened I guess. Anyone as smart as Light with a Death Note could easily remain hidden forever.
>>
>>71632916
Can't be done. If the cause of death for the name written down will directly cause the death of someone else, it just defaults to a heart attack. Your best chance is perching an obese man above L and then having that guy die of a heart attack and then falling on L.
>>
Patterns. He needed to keep shit random. Instead he stuck to heart attacks and a certain geographic region.

If his goal was to better the world why not just trawl the internet for known terrorists and have them strap a suicide vest in one of their big meetings, or kill corrupt politicians. Instead he went after already incarcerated criminals.
>>
>>71633189
Well that's a political line he'd be crossing then.
>>
>>71631985
They will most likely go with the Japanese live action plotline and have L win in he end but die doing so.
>>
anime is gay, why can't you teenagers either grow up and stop watching it or stay in your containment board
>>
>>71633189
>have them strap a suicide vest in one of their big meetings,

If the death leads to the death of more than the intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
>>
>>71631992
Just watch it man it's only 30 episodes
>>
>>71632426
this.

This faggot ended Kira
>>
>>71631992
L find his first kill which was a local criminal.
Also he has access to criminal database (his father is a cop) and L figures that too. after that it is all downhill
>>
If you enjoyed death note you'll like sleuth the first one.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.