[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THIS IS NOT CINEMATOGRAPHY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: bxKkZSJ.jpg (1 MB, 2153x898) Image search: [Google]
bxKkZSJ.jpg
1 MB, 2153x898
I'm tired of people "rating" what they call "cinematography" in a 90% CGI films.

Here is the definition of cinematography
>Cinematography is the science or art of motion-picture photography by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either electronically by means of an image sensor, or chemically by means of a light-sensitive material such as film stock.

Key words: art, recording.

Now if you look at the image, it is in fact 2 dudes in funny costumes staying in a green room. This is what was captured with a camera. I rate this cinematography as 1/10 for being well captured. Everything else is CGI, this is a video game, a cartoon. There is nothing to rate, nothing to discuss, and threads on this topic is a cancer to this board.
>>
>>71620348
light should actually the main keyword of cinematography, not art.
>>
get off your high horse. ofcourse its cinematography. Its just stupid to call it good cinematography
>>
>>71620348
wew lad
>>>/sci/
this is certified kino
>>
Sticky this.
>>
File: resdefualt.jpg (234 KB, 1518x840) Image search: [Google]
resdefualt.jpg
234 KB, 1518x840
>>
This shot was so disappointing the final film. It wasn't so much a "money shot", as much as it was a shot that screamed at its audience "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE MONEY SHOT, AREN'T YOU IMPRESSED?"
>>
>>71620348
everybody knows the marvel movies are awfuly shot, choregraphed, and written. Nobody cares, they watch it for the quips and to look at their favorite corporate brands fly around and fight cartoons
>>
>>71620433
Same goes for any capeshit. It was just an example. Don't be confused that I'm trying to defend one type of shit over another. I don't watch any kind of crap.
>>
>>71620466
they have zero style and it doesn't seem to bother them.
to be fair though marvel has always been about the characters, with the story and everything else being an after thought.
>>
>>71620433
Why cant children help themselves from turning everything into a brand war? You do realize that companies love that shit right? Because it means youre not looking at the quality of their product? Goddamn you stupid child get some consumer sense already and stop being a meat sock for multi billion dollar companies
>>
>>71620532
people are tasteless morons who dont know any better. Most people have ONLY seen mainstream hollywood films and nothing else. To them fucking avengers probably seems like lawrence of arabia after years of endless national treasure, pirates, and shrek sequels
>>
>>71620466
>awfuly [...] choregraphed
have to disagree on this one at least
>>
>>71620348
I have to agree with this, something like the revnant was really good and got me on a deeper level because i loved the skylines and the different lighting of the skies and atmosphere he captured
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.