[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legend of Tarzan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Got dragged along to see this new tarzan flick with some friends tonight.
My thoughts
>Action scenes are shaky cam with a million cuts
>zero continuity, waltz has empty hands one cut, then a tribal sheild, then spear too which he never uses, then two shields, then nothing, then a spear again.
>skaarsguard got ripped as fuck, dude is enormous. Totally sells the physicallity of the role
>I like the way they gave him ape like hands from running on all 4s
>samuel l Jackson plays Sam l jackson perfectly. Did they give him a script or just let him roam the set with a camera on him
>wonky as fuck cg animals.
>totally out of place lines. Seriously, a pedo priest joke? A joke about licking gorilla balls? What the fuck?
>Samuel l Jackson feels guilty about killing indians. So black guy in a white guilt movie has Indian killing guilt. Interesting.
>the camera must be rotating at all times. Even during static dialogue. No still shots ever
> evil whitey to the max by the way
> none of the conflicts resolve in a satisfying way, super contrived conclusion.
>Tarzan flexes his way out of being strangled by a super spider silk noose. Why even hype that rosary noose thing up?
>margot robbie is so fucking pretty.
Shit movie on all fronts. The actors involved deserved better, except Samuel l jackson, I don't know if he's ever actually acted.
Not enough Phil Collins
>>
Anything good about it at all?
>>
>>71615624
There's a scene where margot robbie is trying to find tarzan in their house, and you just hear different animal sounds which margot identifies as mating calls from all these different animals. then they fug It's a pretty fun way to use his animal talking abilities.
>>
>>71615562
agree with you on the priest joke. The gorilla balls joke worked though. it got a big reaction in my theater.
>>
>>71615768
It got a chuckle from me but it was just tonally weird.
And with the priest joke, and waltz character in general, what were they trying to do? Like they hint at him being OCD and weird shit like that joke, but never do anything with or characterize him at all beyond "awkward sociopath"
>>
When he fought his brother was cool.

The ending comes out of fucking nowhere though.
>>
>>71615886
All I could think when I saw all the tribes celebrating at the end is like, man, you still have to live in the fucking Congo for the next 100 years. That's a rough victory condition.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 296x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 296x378
>>71615562

>skaarsguard got ripped as fuck, dude is enormous. Totally sells the physicallity of the role

For what purpose

He's a malnourished jungle man who spends all his time running around and swinging in trees, he should be built like Spider-Man if anything
>>
>>71616200
He basically has super strength and wrestles gorillas. He kicks a dude through the wall of a train. I'm not saying it's logical, I'm saying he looks like a man who can do these things.
>>
poor david yates.
>>
>>71616304
It's what he gets for branching off of Harry potter
>>
>>71615562

was the pedo priest meme even about when the movie is set? wasnt that a famous scandal in the 70s or something?
>>
>>71616245
I saw his interview on Conan, he did 6 meals a day of chicken breast and broccoli but were like fist sized portions so he was constantly hungry, like all he could think about was food.

For nine months straight.
>>
>>71616738
>6 fist sized portions of chicken breast and broccoli is an extremely low amount of food for americans
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.