[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ consider must see sci-fi films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1392433070723.png (110 KB, 368x317) Image search: [Google]
1392433070723.png
110 KB, 368x317
What does /tv/ consider must see sci-fi films?
>>
Personal favorites, though may delve into sci-fi horror:
JC's The Thing
The Mist (more horror)
Event Horizon
Europa Report
Pandorum
Star Trek: First Contact
A.I
Terminator 2
Edge of Tomorrow
Her
The Fly
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Obviously many of these are equally horror but I feel the genres are very close siblings.
>>
>>71614365

Get fucked, you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>71614458
Europa Report
Star Trek: First Contact
Edge of Tomorrow
and maybe A.I
seem like odd inclusions but that's interesting. Thanks for the opinion
>>
>>71614607

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>71614655
>>71614549
Ed G
>>
>>71614607
I'm partial to found footage, and space exploration, so Europa satisfied that.

Huge Trek fan and it's the best film, IMO, thanks to Frakes.

Edge of Tomorrow narrowly beat out oblivion and Minority Report for Cruise scifi favorite, because of the concept and the fact that he doesn't start out as a quipping badass.

AI gave made me cry as a kid and as an adult I can further appreciate the emotional tones it expressed even better.
>>
Sunshine off top of my head. Hardly amazing but a must see for any sci fi fan.
>>
>>71614365
Forbidden Planet
Blade Runner
Things to Come
Hackers
>>
>>71614365
Pitch Black
>>
>>71615055
Oh shit, how could I forget Blade Runner
>>71614458
>>
>>71615061
Chronicles was decent in my opinion, but the newer film was awful.
>>
>>71615055
I haven't seen hackers yet. I'll have to check it out
>>
>>71615105
Pitch black was the movie that got me into sci-fi at like 9 or 10 or something. But ya the third one wasn't the greatest
>>
blade runner
world on a wire
stalker
solaris
ghost in the shell
sunshine
the thing
alien
magnetic rose
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.