[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gremlins 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
I just watched this for the first time and these are my thoughts:

I think the movie is an absolutely excellent satire comedy on the first movie and about sequels in general.

I read somewhere the director didn't want to make a sequel that's just another remake, so when they finally got him on board he decided to make it a satire.

Also, the only way he could get the guy who did the gremlin effects for the first one back, was to give him full control in that department and promise him that there would be many gremlin variations.

The first one may have been the better movie, but I think this movie is severely underrated and overlooked.

It had me laughing and smiling the whole time, even had a cameo with Hulk Hogan breaking the fourth wall! It also insulted the first movie and made fun of its flaws. "It's always midnight somewhere in the world".

What did you think of it?

It's a shame this bombed at box office...
>>
Really like it but I still think the first one is a classic. Glad that I made my Mom take me and my sister and two cousins to see this.
>>
Adore it. Just hammy, outside-the-box ideas that got pitched like crazy and somehow stuck. I've honestly seen it more times than the original.
>>
I'm glad they made it because it made anymore potential sequels pointless. Joe Dante even said his intention with this there wouldn't be any more sequels, so it failing at the box office is intended really. Pretty based if you ask me. Tank your franchise with a balls to the wall parody of the first movie to prevent someone else coming along and shitting on it
>>
File: stolen_from_google.jpg (50 KB, 726x306) Image search: [Google]
stolen_from_google.jpg
50 KB, 726x306
>>71613775
>I believe there's always an area of agreement that two people can reach

I love the film, and John Glover's performance is probably one of my favorites
>>
>>71613775
it was good, very cartoon like.
plus it had Christopher Lee
>>
https://youtu.be/33PSQjs3lrk
>>
>>71613775
The first movie was better, but I agree with you, the second movie was still very enjoyable.
>>
Clamp was a pretty good send up of Trump and Turner too
>>
Are any of Dante's other films worth watching?
>>
File: tumblr_mz5wygeIRW1qa8sljo1_500.gif (974 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz5wygeIRW1qa8sljo1_500.gif
974 KB, 500x270
>>71615354
The Howling, Innerspace, and recently Burying the Ex. The Burbs is his best but you should know this already.
>>
>>71616919
That guy in Burying the Ex just died recently in a freak accident.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.