[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies that are worse than the book they're based on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Blindness_poster.jpg (18 KB, 299x415) Image search: [Google]
Blindness_poster.jpg
18 KB, 299x415
>>
File: z-for-zachariah-poster.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
z-for-zachariah-poster.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3000
>>
Literally every movie based on a book, prove me wrong.

A little protip: you can't ;)))))
>>
>>71604485
noo, you followed me into this thread. Nobody respond to this dude!
>>
>>
>>71604485
LotR
>>
>>71604441
good movie desu
>>
>>71604750

The biggest difference between Marvel flicks and DC flicks. Marvel improves on the source material. DC somehow manages to make it worse.

You have to work hard to write worse than comics.
>>
>>71604808
The book was actually about something. The last man and the last woman on Earth, but the man is horrible. Basically, "what would Eve do if Adam was abusive?"

The movie dropped that theme completely, and replaced it with boring love triangle drama and trying to make you think it was about racism, or science vs. religion, but wasn't actually about either
>>
>>71604485
starship troopers was better than the book, so was I am legend
>>
>>71605125
You mean the movie where they had to change the ending due to the first one being so shit?
>>
>>71604396
i liked it
>>
>>71605304
it's not a bad movie. The problem is the book is doing a thing. The book stresses over and over again that the blind people see white. Like a piece of paper. they only know what the lady tells them. Like you, the reader do. It's a great story, in book or movie form, but in book form it's got this whole other level about the act of reading. You are one of the blind, being guided through the world by the lady.
>>
>>71604485
there;s that one movie which i cant remember
>>
Almost all Chrichton's stuff
>>
>>71604396
I bet you just liked to fap to the rape brothel part
>>
>>71605180
Robert neville dies in the book too
>>
>>71606151
picked up
>>
>>71604485

The Shining
>>
>>71604485

Last Of The Mohicans
>>
>>71604947
But the Watchmen comics are genuinely excellent, I even agree that most comics, especially super hero comics, are garbage. That isn't the case with watchmen. Honestly I don't even like Zack Snyder but his attempt was pretty good and captured some of the greatness of the comics.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.