[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Inglorious Basterds? I thought it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: Inglourious_Basterds_poster.jpg (403 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
Inglourious_Basterds_poster.jpg
403 KB, 1131x1600
What does /tv/ think of Inglorious Basterds?

I thought it was good but it doesn't deserve a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
In my top 10 and my favorite Tarantino
>>
Tarantino's best imo.
>>
>>71603823
Only good trip. Agreed.
>>
Kino
>>
>>71603764

Yeah Im watching it on Film4 too.

Favourite Tarantino tbqh
>>
Disgustingly edgy and gory. I don't even care if it's supposed to be a meta commentary about how people are entertained by violence, it was unnecessary.
>>
>>71603952
Are you a woman or a faggot by any chance?
>>
>>71603860
Someone tell me what this means? trip?
>>
>plan to kill Hitler named Operation Kino

how could /tv/ not like it?
>>
>>71603952
Too violent for you cupcake?
>>
>>71603764
Worst tarantino by far. Borderline garbage. Pitt is abysmal.
>>
File: 2673_9206425276.jpg (50 KB, 616x411) Image search: [Google]
2673_9206425276.jpg
50 KB, 616x411
I literally shit my pants every time this guy started questioning someone. Great actor.
>>
>>71603764
Last Tarantino movie edited by Sally Menke.
Last goat Tarantino movie
>>
>>71604080
>Pitt is abysmal
Well that part is true.
>>
Why was Marcel black? I'm not even /pol/,but what was the actual purpose of making him black?

I wouldn't question it in a modern day film but black people in Europe were very rare in the 40's...
>>
>>71604096
I think Hateful Eight is great. Maybe because not that much editing was required until the 3rd act (which I still loved).
>>
>>71604126
Because it meant he had to be kept a secret meaning the german officer could assume the French chick was single
>>
>>71603764
Second best Tarantino film after Reservoir Dogs.
>>
>>71604126
So that a jew and a black could kill Hitler.
>>
>>71604082
Why? He was shit tier. Just a goofy faggot who can ''smell'' Jews? Get the fuck out
>>
>>71604126
I'm sure there weren't very many jewish girls who owned theaters living in france either at the time, dude.

It's just a film.
>>
>>71604304
That's shitty cop-out bullshit way of defending garbage. I liked this movie but do not ever post on my board again because I cannot guarantee your safety, motherfucker.
>>
>>71603764
it's cuckentino's first genuinely bad movie

i mean, Mike Meyers as the british general?
that whole scene: filmed in a wide master with intermittent closeups-- no tension-- no nothing.

goes to show he needed Sally Menke more than is generally said.
>>
I think this movie helped many people realize that not only did Germany nothing wrong in WW2, the german soldier was also honourable, upstanding, brave and loyal to his comrades, people and fatherland until death - Even in the face of jewish terror and violent intimidation.
>>
>>71604126
>what was the actual purpose of making him black?
What was the purpose of making Sam Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction black? The US is only 11% black so what's the point?
>>
>>71604746
Because there's a big difference between 11% and 0.001%.
>>
>>71604652
Sally Menke edited Inglorious Basterds what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>71604727
>Bravery

;__;
>>
>>71604011
>pretending to be new
One free you is all I have buddy.
>>
>>71604126
So it could show the "lesser" races of the Nazis teaming up against them. Why not?
>>
>>71604862
please tell me, is it something with his name?
>>
>>71603990
>>71604051
>shooting up hitlers dead body
Yeah that'll show him!!!!!!!!!! Fucking hitler, take that hitlers dead body, that's what you get for killing the jews grrrrrrrrr!!!!!
>>
>>71605728
It was like a 5 second scene, was he your boyfriend or something?
>>
>>71605866
They were shooting up the nazi's when the fire would already kill them, just unnecessary.
>>
Brad Pitt's shitty accent ruins the whole movie for me, his dialogue takes over any scene he's in and just ruins it.

I can't get passed the cheesy characters either, the whole scene with "the bear jew" screams young adolescent edge-rage. Its like people who get traumatically mad when they read bad news from half a world away that has no affect on them.

I can understand why some people might like it
> young autisitc edgelords
but its not for me
>>
>>71606055
>hitler should have died a normal death
>>
>>71604907

Now enjoy mocking /pol/ as much as the next guy, but if there is a movie that deserves a /pol/-centric analysis, it's this movie.

The Hollywood based revanchism of kikes is fuckin unbecoming. Wasn't there a film about a solitary tank beating several German panzer divisions?
>>
>>71606397
Getting shot or burning to death aren't normal deaths.
Instead he got shot, then he got two MP magazines shot into his corpse and then he burned.
>>
http://mpcdot.com/forums/topic/7360-american-hubris-at-the-movies/page__st__40
>>
>>71604156
except for the stupid narration and slo-mo
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.