[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Avada Kedavra kill Gandalf?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 2343455.jpg (170 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
2343455.jpg
170 KB, 1024x769
Would Avada Kedavra kill Gandalf?
>>
>>71594209
Depends. How powerful is she?
>>
>>71594209
Why would it not kill him? Gandalf is just an old wizard who can use his stick as a flashlight and transform moths into eagles
>>
File: readImage.jpg (62 KB, 1917x826) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
62 KB, 1917x826
>>71594209
Harry Potter uses a magic-points based system

LOTR uses a spell based system

different thing m80
>>
yeah but he would just come back from the dead
>>
>>71594372
How come?
>>
>>71594209
Why did he turn from grey to white because he fell down with the Balrog? That shit was dumb as fuck
>>
File: 3121436.jpg (53 KB, 634x434) Image search: [Google]
3121436.jpg
53 KB, 634x434
>>71594333
Yes, yes well done potterfag, well done...

HOWEVER

SECRET FIRE MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU WIELD IT
>>
>>71594447
Because he sacrificed himself for the fellowship while Saruman was just being a dick. So the Maiar and the Elf Gods were essentially just like "hey have an mp boost/regen"
>>
>>71594472
He is literally just flashing his light there. Is he more powerful in the books or what?
>>
>>71594447
He died and was written back into Middle Earth by the Valar as a ret-con for Saruman.
>>
>>71594560
He straight up deflects the balrogs attack with a shield. You're thinking when he stamps the ground with his staff a few seconds later.
>>
>>71594558
>>71594585
Yeah alright, but you must admit it doesn't make any sense if you haven't read the books
>>
>>71594333
>transform
Kys
>>
>>71594655
From what I read any wizard could attain "White" they either had to study so much that they became "White" or they had to perform an incredible deed. Gandalf the grey was too busy with being obsessed with the Hobbits, and Rhadagast was too busy caring for the animals. The blue wizards were off doing fuckall. Saruman obtained white status by not getting sidetracked and studying everything especially the magic of the enemy. Gandalf obtained white by soloing an ancient evil that should have taken thousands of people to kill.
>>
Gandalf isn't even human.
>>
>>71594770
According to potter lore the curse could kill non humans as well though.

This is actually really bothering me. I know how OP Gandalf is but the killing curse is just that. I hate the idea of a random potterfag child being able to kill Gandalf.
>>
>>71594870
>killing curse
>fails to kill harry pottah
wew lad
>>
>>71594942
harry had a dank sacrifice shield on him though and it DID kill him in the last book.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.