[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peeping Tom (1960)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Has anyone seen it? Is it any good? Is it worth watching?
>>
>>71590807
It's excellent
>>
>>71590807
>Has anyone seen it?
yes
>Is it any good?
yes
>Is it worth watching?
not as good as powell's other films but sure why not?
>>
>>71590807
yes, yes, and yes
>>
Ok I'm downloading.
>>71591766
What other Powell's film should I watch?
>>
>>71595160

Pooping Tom (1961)
>>
>>71595160
A Matter Of Life And Death
>>
>>71590807
It's the British Psycho and a very interesting piece of film history, by one of the greatest directors of all time.
Definitely worth a watch.
>>
Is "Naked" any good fâms?
>>
>>71596000
It's great, but that question came out of nowhere, huh?
>>
>>71590807
If you're a criterioncore pleb
>>
>>71595160
>What other Powell's film should I watch?

Black Narcissus and The Red Shoes obviously.
>>
>>71596282
>criterioncore
This literally means nothing, you fucking retarded cunt
>>
>>71595712
>one of the greatest directors of all time.
Are we talking about the same Michael Powell? I'm guessing you've seen one or two of his films at most. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
>>
>>71596325
Sure it does. It's the kind of trash that /film/ babbies consume to seem like they are sophisticated and cultured for purchasing. The kind of trash that they put on their shelves, take hundreds of pictures of so they can show of just how sophisticated they are to the internet, and then completely forget about.
>>
>>71596377
*tips fedora*
>>
>>71596377
Jesus, that's a lot of projection
>>
>>71596327
>A Matter of Life and Death
>Black Narcissus
>The Red Shoes
>A Canterbury Tale
>Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
>49th Parallel
>The Thief of Baghdad
>The Tales of Hoffman
>Peeping Tom
Yeah I'm assuming we're talking about the same guy.
>>
>>71596377
This doesn't make sense. Criterion is a distribution company. Films were created by different directors in different eras, who are not connected with each other. Them being distributed by the same company half century later doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>71590807
No, it's shit
I prefer capekino
>>
>>71596710
Agreed, for the most part

Criterion does seem have biases in choosing genres, regions and time periods, which can came off as pretentious to some. That said, they've released a number of great films so I don't see how "criterioncore" can really be used as insult.

They're about to release Russ Meyer's "Beyond the Valley of The Dolls," can't wait.
>>
>>71596831
>shitting on a cape
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.