[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated Flicks You Ain't Watch 'Cause Urine Idiot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Since the first page's lookin' hopelessly basic, I'mma consecrate the front page with some movies I saw that got lost in the big budget bustle(#alliteration) that was this year.

Startin off this board's baptism with this little gem that's simply titled "Februrary"(also has gone under the title of "Blackcoat's Daughter")

The strongest aspect of this flick is in how everything is how off kilter everything is. From the dialogue, its pacing, its plot progression - everything feels intentionally stilted and slightly skewed, causing you to feel kinda disoriented while watching it. There's an ominousness that broods the entire runtime, which only accentuates the uneasiness you get while watching it.

It's far from a perfect film; in fact, it's pretty flawed in a lot of areas.
-BUT-
its Lynch-ian approach to the subgenre it falls under makes it a very interesting watch.

Plus Sally Draper's performance in this was amazin'

I'm not too sure if it's due to great casting or Sally Draper's(don't care enough to google this yamp's government name) dedication to the role but her performance in this is truly creepy.

Implore ya'll dweebs to watch this if you get the chance.

7/10
>>
The Princess and the Warrior is a favorite of mine.

If you love Star Wars shit go check out Zardoz, Logans Run and THX 1138.

Germany Year Zero for dat anti war feelz
>>
great movies about music:

>The harder they come
>Rockers
>Heavy Metal Parking Lot
>The Decline of Western Civilization
>Hail Hail Rock n Roll
>>
Forgot the trailer, my fault:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTyyT74CMaw
>>
>>71584734
Swiggity ziggity my propane tanker, thx for the tiplet & may the inkblot fiveever be a butterfly.
>>
File: stinking-heaven-poster.jpg (295 KB, 680x907) Image search: [Google]
stinking-heaven-poster.jpg
295 KB, 680x907
TECHNICALLY, this next flick came out last year but as a purveyor of WPP(White People Problems) movies, I feel compelled to speak on this cinematic equivalent of white tears.

Nah:
This movie's pretty chill. It's more of an exercise in cinema verite(#imakethislookeasy) than an actual movie.

In other words:
This shit ain't got no plot.

It's one of the few movies in recent memory that adheres strongly to Dogme 95(I think).

If you like Cassavetes flicks(you should), you'll fuqq with this mumblecore movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylolqPHxxNA
>>
>>71584784
How about I Wanna Hold Your Hand? Very underated.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077714/
>>
>>71584734
That's maybe the most /tv/ cast I've ever seen.
>>
The Final Girls

It's Last Action Hero-tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwke66eJ4H8
>>
>>71586304
I love Cassavetes. I saw Gloria for the first time last month (finally). Fucking loved it.

But now I don't have any Cassafilms to watch anymore... I even watched Incubus.
>>
>>71586530
Cassavetes was flames, both in front and behind the camera.
Favorite from him is Love Stream/Opening Night.

Worst from him(not including those N/A movies like Husbands and shit):
Shadows
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie

But yeah; /tv/ doesn't talk about Cassavetes enough.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.