[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember the Cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: LW_1440x900.jpg (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
LW_1440x900.jpg
1 MB, 1440x900
Remember the Cant
>>
when the fuck is the next season?
>>
>>71581701

>>
File: original.jpg (215 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
215 KB, 500x664
>>71581494
>ywn have a belter gf
>>
File: 6f65a25c.png~original.png (319 KB, 775x435) Image search: [Google]
6f65a25c.png~original.png
319 KB, 775x435
>>71582006
>>
>>71582428

YU COPII DESU

AI COPII DESU
>>
the pacing felt so weird. I had reread the book a couple of weeks ago, and then watched the season, it felt like a really weird place to stop the show
>>
the fuck is this

orange-pill me on this show
>>
>>71583766
It's not great, but it's the best sci-fi we have atm
>>
>>71583794
>Wired.com's GeekDad praised the novel for not containing "overly-complex descriptions of the way governments and corporations work" or "made-up words and cryptic names".

That doesn't sound very kino to me.
>>
>>71583794
It's pretty sad how well that sums up the entire season.

>>71583766
It's meant have that political angle like GOT but with a narrower scope and in outer-space. Eventually it turns into humanity stumbling around an ancient civilizations remnants.
The books are worth reading if your into that.
>>
>>71583863
Just watch through it and see if you like it. It has some really rewarding moments.

And well, I never said it's kino tier.
>>
>>71583863
The first book especially does a good job of making it two "average Joes" who get wrapped up in political tension way bigger than either of them and keeping a good action-adventure pace throughout. The reason that book has no "overly-complex descriptions of the way governments work" is because no character has any real direct political influence, but some cause indirect, unintentional actions. The show includes a character in the government who I think shouldn't have been introduced until season 2.

Watch the first episode. It was enough to get me curious enough to read the first two books pretty fast.
>>
>>71583766
Game of Thrones in space.

Except without the violence, nudity, paedophillia, or obsession with food.

So basically, a good novel instead of trash.
>>
File: shot00081.png (617 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shot00081.png
617 KB, 1920x1080
>>71583794
This ! It fills the void of good sci-fi and you get extra points from "SG1 nostalgia".
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.