[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this was fucking good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6
File: social-share-v2.jpg (158 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
social-share-v2.jpg
158 KB, 1200x630
So this was fucking good.
>>
It was okay. Better than most films of its genre, but that's not saying much.

The Nazi chick got my dick hard tho
>>
>>71576976
Pleb detected.

Movie was shit. Only thing it had going for it was visuals
>>
>>71577194
>only thing a visual artform like a motion picture has going for it were the visuals

I suppose the Rolling Stones suck too, aside from their excellent music.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0
>>
>>71577295
Try watching your favorite movies with no sound for ours on end. then come back and make your same stupid retarded comment.
>>
>>71576976
fucking sucked
main characters were insufferable
>>
>>71576976

I just watched it. Liked it a lot. Very anxiety-inducing, for me at least.

You see Blue Ruin?
>>
>>71578512
next on my list

>>71578497
spotted the neoNazi
>>
Thought Blue Ruin was meh but green room was solid 7/10. Imogen Poots was too adorable.
>>
File: MaebyFunke.jpg (69 KB, 488x573) Image search: [Google]
MaebyFunke.jpg
69 KB, 488x573
I thought Maebe was the safest one in the movie, couldn't believe she got eaten by a dog.
>>
>>71576976
Very real, believable conflict between two groups

It slipped from 'normal band outing' to 'oh fuck this is bad' so fast
>>
>>71579166
yeah it did, agreed.
bad guys weren't psycho boogeymen, they were believable people in a bad situation.

It was refreshing that the camera didn't zoom in on the action or gore, it almost felt like an organic horror movie.
>>
>>71579269
>bad guys weren't psycho boogeymen, they were believable people in a bad situation.

exactly, this was what made the movie scary. It was the first time I've seen a horror that ACTUALLY made me feel like "Wow, this could potentially happen to me or someone I know."
>>
File: greenroom.jpg (60 KB, 930x465) Image search: [Google]
greenroom.jpg
60 KB, 930x465
anyone else find this scene really disturbing?

on par with the knife struggle in saving private ryan and woody harrelson's character's death in no country for old men. there's just something really fucked up about slow and undignified deaths
>>
File: GREEN_ROOM_05-1024x683.jpg (715 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
GREEN_ROOM_05-1024x683.jpg
715 KB, 1024x683
>>71578973
Poor Maeby :(
>>
File: Zodiac stabbing.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
Zodiac stabbing.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
>>71579338
surprised you didn't mention webm related, which is what that scene reminded me of
>>
>>71579369
>misses at point blank with a shotgun
she deserved it desu senpai
>>
>no qt nazi gf
>>
the third act sucked
7/10
>>
I liked Blue Ruin a lot more but the way Patrick Stewart went out at the end had me thinking for a while.
>>
so his desert island band was CCR?
>>
>>71581659
The couch ambush sequence made up for it.
8.5/10
>>
>watching movie
>heroes start dying
>try to guess which heroes will make it based on tropes common to the genre
>leader dude will probably make it because he's had most screen time
>Maeby definitely safe because she's the girl
>Nazi girl least safe because she's an outsider and a Nazi
>all predictions wrong
>only survivors are Chekov and Nazi girl
>Chekov dies IRL
>Nazi girl sole survivor
>>
>>71581626
>>71582053
she isnt a nazi
>>
>>71581673
>way Patrick Stewart went out at the end
What the fug was up with that? He just drops his shit, walks away and pulls his gun out
>>
>>71582130
Cops show up, see that these two kids shot a man in the back and he turned around and fired in self defence.

He buried those kids.
>>
>>71582130
>these guys have him dead to rights
>hey maybe they won't shoot him in the back, try walking away
>perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man in the back before he tries to return fire
>>
>>71582053
>Chekov dies IRL
details pls
>>
>>71582491
Got ran over by his own car which may have had an engineering defect
>>
>>71582521
that's really sad, he was the best character too
>>
>>71577194
>You don't have the right to like a movie if I say so
>>
The only problem I have with this movie is :
How the fuck a cop would believe these injuries are made in self defense :

> stabbed multiple time with knives and machete
> arm sliced by knife or machete
> throat / ankles ripped by dog
> gun wounds by like 3 different guns / shotguns

You don't do that to 5 kids stealing a few gallon of gas.

Or did I miss something ?
>>
>>71582661
I thought they were going to have the dogs maul them or something, which is why they wanted the bones intact

there was a lot of sekrit code speak that went right over my head
>>
>>71576976
loved it m8
>>
so duct tape is the all healing solution, right?
>>
>>71576976
I definitely liked it but it had a lot of unused potential

aesthetics and premise were great but the way 2 of the main characters died quickly and without a fight within like 5 minutes seemed off

there could have been great chase scenes with all the narrow spaces and dark lighting and there could have been a lot more gore and the nazi deaths could have been a lot more intense and painful(most of them just get shot and die instantly) considering the band started with makeshift weapons

also as many have said the audio was pretty bad and the soundtrack could have been way better

ALSO the band members acted like total retards in a couple scenes which was frustrating
>>
>>71582661
I thought they were going to burn the bodies inside the car, making it look like they were stealing gas and something went wrong
that's why they didn't want to use bullets so there would be no markings on the bones
>>
>>71582661
I think the skinheads were going to make it look like the kids left the concert, smoked a joint, broke into the farm to steal petrol and were attacked by the guard dogs.
>>
>>71583059
oh yeah this is more likely, Idk why I thought dogs wouldn't fuck the bones up I'm drunk
>>
>>71583059
That's what they were going to do at first, but they changed their plans in the middle (when they started using guns) and decide to not make it look like an accident but rather make it look like self defense / trespassing. They start thinking about that when they find the siphon and that's why you see the "beware of doggo" sign at the end.

>>71583206
Yep, but then again, dogs don't have guns.

Maybe I'm just analyzing too much and since they're in the middle of nowhere they won't investigate more and have autopsies

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie
>>
>>71576976
Shitty Tumblr anti right wing film
>>
was there any black people in the movie?
>>
>>71583399

They very much make it a point to use blades and to shoot none of them.
>>
>>71583596
Yeah, at first.

At the end they are pissed and the boss tell them to go in with a shotgun and a gun. They clearly don't give a fuck anymore.

I don't remember her name but one of the girl is shot in the leg at like 2/3 of the movie.
>>
>>71583741

Thats when theres only two left. The blonde, which can get shot because who cares, and the main dude. He says they can get away with shooting one of them.
>>
>>71582098
How did she fall for that shit then?
>>
I liked it better when it was called "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World"
>>
I like it
>>
>>71582130

why didnt picard just beam the fuck out of there
>>
>>71576976

Solid 7 out of 10.

Surprised by how good it was. Actually a genuinely well made horror thriller that didn't fall back on camp.

One of the best movies I've seen this year.
>>
>>71583797
fall for what? she dresses like a skinhead m8
>>
Was iite. Blue Ruin was better. Too many quirky "jokes" that made the tone/pacing of the movie erratic.
What's the point in having a realistic depiction of skinheads if you're going to juxtapose that with a running gag that revolves around what band you'd listen to while on a deserted island.

Dumb.

Wasn't wow'd by Patrick Stewart's performance in this, either.

6.4/10. Just watch Blue Ruin instead.
>>
>>71584062
Word by word
>>
>>71583741
>>71583772
First plan is: killed by dogs while stealing petrol. Left to be mauled for hours before discovered.
Second plan: at least 3 get killed by dogs while stealing petrol. Left to be mauled for hours, 4th band member disappeared. Probably ran
through the forest. Maeby gets her bullets dug out of her corpse and then the wounds get mauled by a dog.

Nazi girl was fair game for a shooting from the start, since they only had to create a cover story for the band, the band being outsiders. They
could have simply disappeared her, her friend and her friends boyfriend.
>>
>>71579338
Yeah

Both that scene and the hand massage were really horrific to me.
>>
>the scene where guy gets shot in face with the shotty
It caught me by surprise
>>
hows murder party?
>>
>>71582661
>Darcy asks about signage
>one skinhead mentions the "beware of dog sign"
>Darcy keeps one of the guys alive longer, to postpone time of death
>sets up the van to look like the band was stealing gas
>gets the dogs to maul them
He told the skinheads when they moved on to firearms that they'd have to dig the bullets out too
>>
That was truly a pretty dumb idea
>>
>>71584312
It's pretty fun akshuly.
>>
>>71583470
you're literally a retard if you think this
>>
>>71583399
They wanted to make it look like the dogs mauled them as they were stealing gas, which would obscure the bullet and knife wounds if they did not hit the bones. At the end the said shooting is okay because the last body might as well not be found so fuck what happens to it and how it looks.
>>
>>71583470
lol, try to get out of an actual criminal neonazi circle and come again, faggot
>>
>>71583025
you don't like realism
>>
Sjw shit
>>
>>71584915
well the two band members dying within a few seconds of each other doesn't have much to do with realism

you couldn't hear what the owner was saying when he was talking through the door

and as much as I think the "I would have done that differently" people are annoying that part where the girl waits to shoot the nazi that's about to kill her crippled friend for dramatic effect was probably less realistic then her being quick about it

I understand how having quick, cold deaths can create a terrifying atmosphere but it didn't really work for the most part

with all the people using melee weapons I just feel there could have been more hacking
>>
>>71584973
except the "bad guys" have no political motives behind their actions in the movie and them being nazis merely serves as a plot device

/pol/ faggots whining about this movie would be like a bunch of farmers getting upset over a horror movie about killer farmers
>>
Oh look another shill thread.

Shit movie with more antinationalist propaganda. What a fucking surprise.

Kikes are getting scared.
>>
>>71579398
fucking hell, that scene is so horrible to watch
>>
>>71585191
>nazis are just plot devices lol it isn't propaganda!

kike shill spotted

Movie blew cock
>>
>>71576976
>muh Neo-Nazi boogieman
>meanwhile KKK has 1/6 the population of The Nation of Islam, a violent black supremacist movement

Fucking kek. Shit like this makes me wish there really were right-wing death squads. Cucks in the West need a wakeup call.
>>
>>71585261
>>71585242
>>71585310
>>71584973
Isn't this boring for you? I mean, you're not even efforting.
But, sure, if it always works, why change the tone?
>>
>>71585119
>that part where the girl waits to shoot the nazi that's about to kill her crippled friend for dramatic effect was probably less realistic then her being quick about it
that sentiment I agree with, took me out of it as well

>I understand how having quick, cold deaths can create a terrifying atmosphere but it didn't really work for the most part
it did for me. killing the jock guy so quickly was a surprise and made clear that anyone could die at any moment. concerning the hacking, they wouldn't have had a chance, they would have just gotten mauled by dogs, stabbed and shot the way they did. also, i think it does have to do with realism. having characters survive for the sake of them being main characters on the other hand is simply not realistic.

no offense though, I get your point. could have been a fun gorey thriller with intense chases through the confined space of the venue, it just wasn't what the makers of the film were going for. would have also been cool though.

>>71585261
you're an idiot. this is not about moderate nazi /pol/ faggots whining about immigration and jewish media like yourself. this is about the criminal neonazi underground and how hard it is to quit that once you're inside, which is a real thing and a horrible thing. fucking faggot.
>>
>>71585310
They're depicted as small fringe group that owns a bar out in the middle of literally fuckall. How is this playing into some neo-nazi boogieman thing? The band even knew what they were getting into. This isn't pretending neo-nazi's are the threat of the world.

God the alt right warriors are even worse than the sjw.
>>
>>71585332
Just assume they are actually triggered Nazis babies.
>>
>>71585310
so showing an neonazis in a bad light even if it's unrelated to their political alignment is offensive to you??

you know who you sound just like...
>>
>>71576976
>MUH NAZIS

When are we going to get a movie about Jews murdering Palestinians or orchestrating the Holodomor or causing Soviet famines?

Where are all the movies about evil Commie Jews?

Oh wait, that's off limits. Better resurrect the white skinhead meme for the 1,000,000,000th time.
>>
did /pol/ just wake up? what the fug
>>
>>71585428
>/pol/ fag is torn apart between supporting jews or other shitskins
>he chooses to support shitskins even tho the leftists he hates so much suck their dick nonstop as well
jesus christ, without jews you lose tbqh.
>>
so, when are American hours coming to an end?
will they go to bed soon?
yesterday's thread was a lot better than this one.
>>
>>71578973
Her acting was pretty bad in this movie though.
>>
>>71585462
>Summer came
>sudden influx of /pol/acks
hmmmm....
>>
>>71585476
pretty believable annoying bitch in a bad situation desu
>>
>>71585428
oh /pol/, always so predictably asshurt
>>
>>71585428
because this is a horror movie and there aren't very many groups of violent Jews you could stumble upon

>>71585466
americans are sleeping or just waking up

it's 8 am on the east coast
>>
>>71585464
What are you even trying to say? That not wanting brown people to be murdered en masse by Jews is "picking a side with shitskins" or something? The fuck?
>>
>>71585466
Since the torrent was released the threads will only get worse and worse.
>>
>>71576976
Most of the prominent Neo-Nazis throughout history have been Jewish false flaggers.

Look up "Jewish Neo-Nazis" on Google. It's almost too predictable to be believed.
>>
>>71577872
>what is a silent film
Metropolis without sound is excellent.
For that matter, so is Star Wars.
>>
>>71585642
Gonna have to disagree on Star Wars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-GZJhfBmI
>>
>>71584074
she dresses like a hipster skank you dim fucks
>>
>>71583470
No sane right wing voter respects neo nazis at all
>>
>>71584086
The desert island band was about how you present yourself to the world versus who you really are. When the kids thought they were going to die they gave their real answers.
>>
>>71581935
yup
>>
>>71586201
Which was a throughout- until the end- very sweet, disarming running topic.
But autists will be autists
>>
>>71581935
i didn't catch that, was it? why'd you think that?
guess i'll rewatch the film right now and find out desu
>>
Where can i watch this one at?
>>
>>71586430
bluray is out iykwim ;^)
>>
>>71581659
Does the third act include the "only 3 shots left" scene? Because that part was amazing. I agree that the part in the woods was underwhelming though.
>>
>>71586393
Sinister Purpose plays when it cuts to credits before he gives his answer. It was a theory confirmed by the director
>>
>>71582661
The set up was not self-defense. It was supposed to be that the kids tried to steal gas from a house with deadly dogs and get mauled. The stab wounds couldn't be identified after the dogs finish with them, and the bullets would be taken out of the bodies manually by the skinheads (Picard mentions this at some point).

This would end up with the dogs being sacrificed, which is by the owner mentions that he is sad.
>>
>>71581935
OHHH
>>
>>71585462
It's literally one guy (maybe two or three at most) trolling all of you to create inter-board warfare. Ignore it.
>>
>>71586773
>Everyone is a white guilt faggot like me!
fuck off
>>
you think character name "Pat" is a reference to Pat the Bunny?
he looks kinda like him
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.