[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is looney tunes so god tier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: looney.jpg (171 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
looney.jpg
171 KB, 800x600
why is looney tunes so god tier?
>>
>>71575534
Patrician character coming through.
>>
>>71575534
Wasn't it looney toons?
>>
Humor that works at any age.
>>
>>71575583
>>71575616
>>71575534
>>71575718

Why do manchildren exist?

Cartoons do not hold up, they were made for kids. Stop pretending like they're worth a watch, faggots.
>>
>>71575534
Because fuck PC cartoons, that's why. Also, they don't treat the audience like retards. The humor ranges from stuff kids will enjoy while also providing enough risqué and cerebral humor to entertain adults, too.
>>
>>71575748
>Risqué and cerebral
It's almost all physical humor. I'll give you that it can get slightly racy, but it is in no way cerebral.
The fact that older cartoons were mostly physical and visual jokes are the reason kids today don't like them. Almost all comedy now is expressed through dialogue so continuous visual gags don't have the same appeal anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1200x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1200x950
>>71575927
There's nothing not cerebral about Michigan J. Frog.
>>
>>71575534
Because it was correct and straight forward and the production was pimp tight, am I right?
>>
>>71575534
based voice actors and animators thats why.

and the drugs were good, and the cocktails and club sandwiches were rolling deep with the broads.

great time to be alive.
>>
>>71577390
and the music is obvious, but it really boils down to characters, dialogue, music, and setting
>>
>>71575732
Looney Tunes wasn't made for kids.
>>
File: 1273941621486.jpg (33 KB, 363x310) Image search: [Google]
1273941621486.jpg
33 KB, 363x310
>>71575732
>Loony Tunes was made for kids
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.