[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get the reaction to this the story is simple and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: gr.jpg (158 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
158 KB, 1200x630
I don't get the reaction to this

the story is simple and dumb and the dialogue is garbage. Is it really such an anomaly now for a movie to be competently performed/shot/edited that every time some no name director puts together a small movie like this without stepping on his own dick it's instantly hailed as the best movie of the year?
>>
>>71565912
how is the dialogue garbage?
>>
What about the story is dumb? What about the dialogue is garbage?
>>
>>71565990
>>71565992
all of the dialogue was kind of hammy and overwritten, the desert island device was especially goofy

and I mean dumb as in it wasn't anything special or very inventive or dense, it was a small idea and it played out directly. they didn't even give patrick stewart any good moments or characterization. everything about it was very bare bones
>>
>>71566125
nothing wrong with a simple story, it's an exploitation film.
i also wish my cookbook contained more multi-layered bi-directional foreign language beatnik poetry but it's a fucking cookbook.

green room has likable protagonists, pretty unpredictable plot twists (deaths) and bleak atmosphere, which is all that is needed for a good horror/suspense thriller. we don't need to know Patrick Stewart's character, why would we? and the desert island band is something a community radio dj would ask. the dialogue was perfectly fine.

you're expecting things out of this film that are not to be expected from this type of film.
>>
>>71566230
>IT'S MEANT TO BE SHIT NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE GOOD
Ah, so the capeshit defense.
>>
>>71566230
that's what my point was, it's just a basic kind of goofy thriller that was put together well and everyone reacts to it as if it's the best movie made in the last ten years or something. I liked it fine, I just don't get the heaps of praise.
>>
>>71565912
>>71566125

>Look mom, I'm a critic!!

You don't know what you're talking about. Shut up. The acting was great, the story was simple yet sharp and engaging. The dialogue is absolutely not overwritten and felt completely natural. Try not to be such a little fag boy and enjoy a good movie next time.
>>
>>71566283
question of personal taste, i guess. what kind of rep did it get here? i don't really frequent this board as it's usually shit and spoilers and false expectations. i actually just came here to see if there's agreen room thread because i just finished it 15 minutes ago.
>>
>>71566283
you're being a bit hyperbolic, it's got good reviews but I haven't seen anyone praise it as the best of the year or the decade
it's a perfectly good movie, it doesn't pretend to be anything more than it is, a tense and atmospheric exploitation movie with interesting characters
>>
>>71566273
But he didn't say that
>>
>>71565990
>>71566230
>>71566367
this is me
>>
>>71566390
>you're expecting things out of this film that are not to be expected from this type of film.
LE WHERE LE KID GLOVES WHEN HANDLING THIS LE MUBIE BECAUSE IT PART OF "AUTISM GENRE" THAT NO NEED THE GUD

I want you /v/edditors to leave.
>>
>no name director
>saulnier.jpg

opinion discarded. Watch more films and then play the fucking film critic.
>>
>>71566339
Did you really just get that fucking mad over something that someone else didn't enjoy? Opinions are different with everyone, but you seem to think you're right and everyone who disagrees is wrong. Fuck you, dude. You're such a bitch.
>>
File: black.png (783 KB, 802x523) Image search: [Google]
black.png
783 KB, 802x523
>>71566273
>>71566445
>>
>>71566125
Wow you have absolutely nothing interesting to say about film
>>
File: 1404916267241.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1404916267241.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>71566445
what the shit
>>
>>71566543
>LE MEME AROUND YOU REACTION LE BRITISH TV SO GOOD
>>>>>>/V/EDDIT
>>
>>71566601
>>71566445
>>71566273
Americans are waking up. Better go to bed now.
>>
I felt like a retard watching this film cause I never learned the names of any of the neo-nazi members, so I had no fucking idea what they were doing that entire time. What was that heroin business? What was the group he sent away and why? Why did only Emily get killed but Daniel remained unsuspected?
>>
>>71566367
>>71566372
I'd been hearing about this movie for awhile from friends, coworkers, on podcasts, fucking everywhere, and every single time people are gushing about it

>>71566339
>>71566471
post your desert island movie
>>
>>71566659
>I associate with reddit sensibility individuals, I download audio of reddit sensibility individuals by choice and then spend my free time listening to them

No non-reddit person has ever praised this movie so perhaps you should stop interacting with normie "mubie buff" casuals you mongoloid. Never listen to the meme squad when it comes to cinema.
>>
>>71566641
>americans waking up at seven pm
only the good for nothing degenerates without jobs
>>
>>71566659
well, maybe your frineds were a little too unspecific in their praise. or maybe it's just this year's drive: a very good little indie film that has gained a certain level of fame, so that everyone who wouldn't normally see indie films or good films in general will either be blown away by it or praise it to show off how cultured they are.
>>
>>71566659
I think honestly you tried to not like it because liking it would mean your friends were right about it but they couldn't be right surely because your taste is superior.
>>
>>71566803
I did like it, I said in every single point I made that it was well done.
>>
>>71566862
Oh my bad I guess I thought I was replying to somebody elsse
>>
File: Noot Noot Motherfucker.png (491 KB, 639x359) Image search: [Google]
Noot Noot Motherfucker.png
491 KB, 639x359
>tadpool mentions off hand in a single second that his brother and girlfriend will be staying with him

>cut to next scene
>the brother is literally ready to beat the guys face in after he mumbles something about his girlfriend

literally what the fuck.
shit ass writing.
>>
>>71566659
471 here.
My desert island film would probably be Taxi Driver.
>>
>>71566893
why?
foreshadows twist
>>
>>71566940
>Taxi Driver
IMDB memelennial detected lmao.
>>
>>71566943
because you cant even hear what he says first of all, I had to rewind 5 times and still couldnt hear it.

Second, you have no idea what is even happening, because you don't even connect that the fight is connected to just tadpole saying off hand of my bro and girlfriend will be staying with me.

It gives off the impression that they know each other or some shit when in reality it's over fuckall
>>
>>71567006
i didn't get that impression at all
the musician guy knows only one thing about the brother: that he and his girlfriend atr going to stay with the mohawk dude soon
which of course no one present can hear or the brother and his girlfriend are fucked so of course he makes sure the dude doesn't continue talking about it.
>>
>>71567006
Just because you couldn't pay attention to the movie doesn't make it shit writing. I caught this the first time through easily.
>>
>>71567147
True, I just thought of that before you responded.
still bothers me I couldnt hear what he said
>>
>>71567006
also
>you have no idea what is even happening
that's not a criticism at all, it demonstrates that this is a dangerous, antagonistic environment and they as outsiders are not welcome and more importantly it implies the conflict that is more fleshed out later in the film and is the cause of their demise
>>
>>71567179
The shit audio is the reason i couldnt pay attention to the following line. I was too busy trying to find out what the previous one was.
>>
>>71566740
His approach at film criticism is ass backwards, but you're just a fucking attention-deprived retard.
>>
>>71565912
I completely agree. Usually /tv/ has decent taste for movies with small budgets. I just don't get the hype for this.
>>
>>71566750
So, most posters from the US. Also, what kind of loser works on weekends?
>>
>>71567269
I saw it in theaters and didn't have a problem catching it.
>>
>>71565912
agreed. the most shocking part of this kino is that it made punks seem tolerable until the end
>>
>>71567343
hype is rather well explained itt
it's an excellent high concept thriller
nothing more
>>
>>71567403
A true patrician pirates his movies, and then purchases it if he REALLY REALLY likes it.

Step up your game senpai.
>>
>>71567506
a connoisseur on the other hand watches good movies in theaters because the overall experience is more rewarding
he pirates it afterwards
>>
>>71567467
>the most shocking part of this kino is that it made punks seem tolerable until the end

Yeah in reality they are insufferable faggots and no one can stand them for more than 5 minutes imo
>>
literally viraled/shilled here

go look up the MD5 of op's image, or at least the previous thread - all started by the same image
>>
>>71567711
DELET THIS
>>
>>71565912
> best movie
such a thing does not exist
> best movie in its genre
Yes. so far in 2016.
>>
File: skinn60s.jpg (33 KB, 263x480) Image search: [Google]
skinn60s.jpg
33 KB, 263x480
I'm just annoyed that it feeds into the skinhead=nazi meme.
>>
>>71567788
agreed
>>
>>71567711
>literally viraled/shilled here

Yeah but it's actually a good movie
>>
>>71567838
at least they acknowledge that there are left and non-right skins in the beginning talking to mohawk guy
>>
>>71566999
fucking American hours...
>>
>>71566999
nice trips
admittedly kind of boring choice
could be worse tho
>>
File: Blue_Ruin_film_poster.jpg (15 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Ruin_film_poster.jpg
15 KB, 214x317
Anybody here see the making of Blue Ruin? I fucking almost cried at the ending of it

https://youtu.be/jUpQd2prunY?t=1011

Guy lied to his dying father about his movie being a success when it was a failure that wasn't gonna get funded, and he dies believing the lie. 2 months later it gets funded and becomes the success it now is.
>>
>>71568105
>implying austrlians aren't the worst of the bunch.
Go fuck yourself eurotrash nigger
>>
File: 1461731683524.jpg (43 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1461731683524.jpg
43 KB, 480x454
>>71568257

damn that's rough
>>
>>71568303
Calm the fuck down. I didn't mean it literally. I picked a good film, which I like very much. I'm not an 'IMDb memelennial'.
>>
>>71568257
I didn't even see this, wow. Thanks, mate...
>>
>>71565912
the strong faggot cunt and twink band faggot beat all the racist neonazis epic XD. make a movie about a bunch of people defending themselves from a pack of niggers it'd make alot more sense to anybody who looks at crime statistics. watching the end of this movie made me so mad because i knew the "good guys" were gonna win but it still pissed off so fucking much WOW WHAT A SURPISE ENDING I DIDNT SEE THAT COMING
>>
>>71568766
>the good guys are gonna win
nigga did you watch the movie ?
>>
>>71568851
yeah i fast forwarded to the part were the cunt a fag are having a epic well that was awkward moment and then quit it and screamed at my monitor did something else happen?
>>
>>71568851
atleast that that wrestler faggot got stabbed to death i fucking hated that character
>>
>>71566650
Y'know what? Movies aren't for you, son.
>>
>>71567838
>I'm not a fucking Nazi.

-Imogen Gay Poots
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.