[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This film provoked my interest after I read its wikipedia article.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: playtime.jpg (515 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
playtime.jpg
515 KB, 1200x1600
This film provoked my interest after I read its wikipedia article. Deep focus, 70 mm, enormous set, and this:
>Tati wanted the film to be in color but look like it was filmed in black and white. Predominant colors are in shades of grey, blue, black, and greyish white. Green and red are used as occasional accent colors. It has been said that Tati had one red item in every shot.
I liked the film Cypher (2002) for the same reason, it was shot in color but felt very much like black-and-white. Has anyone seen Playtime? May I have clues about what this film is and what to expect, but without spoilers? Is it overall worth spending time for? I'm exploring cinema of 30s to 60s mostly, this is all I watch right now. So I'm no stranger to old films. If this film is really cool I will watch it next.
>>
>>71563690
Just fucking watch it dude
>>
>>71563907
Ok downloading. I just wanted to hear /tv/'s opinion about it.
>>
It's great, but you're definitely gonna miss a lot from watching it on a small screen.
>>
File: tatu.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tatu.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
>Tati wanted the film

who?
>>
>>71564525
>you'll miss a lot watching it on the small screen

you're not fucking scorsese, matey
>>
>>71564565
Who will play them in the inevitable biopic?
>>
>>71564525

this. playtime is a flat-out masterpiece, but there's so much going on in the frame -- so many little visual gags scattered around this huge canvas -- that if you're watching it on a laptop you'll miss most of them. along with shit like lawrence of arabia it's one of those movies that can only truly be experienced big.
>>
Is there a good torrent somewhere ?
>>
>>71564789
Passthepopcorn
>>
>>71564525
24" 1080p, and I'm getting full blu-ray, is it good enough?
>>
>>71563690
You're in for a treat. It's an extremely funny movie. Almost no dialogue, like all of Tati's films. Really funny gags all over the place. There's probably no movie that is more important to see on a big screen. If you've only seen it on a phone, you haven't seen it at all.

Also a bit of satire on the urbanization of Paris.
>>
>>71563690
I watched this recently at a small cinema and there was this guy next to me that chuckled at every fucking scene
>>
>>71566244
You didn't? It's one of the most purely funny movies ever made.
>>
I love Tati and that's my favorite. It's gorgeous and genuinely just really fucking funny.
>>
>>71566286
I laughed but not as much as this guy. It was just non stop quiet sniggering.
>>
>>71563690
It's one of the greatest set designs of all time. Unbelievable the amount of details that are in every scene.
>>
Playtime is essential viewing and it's sick that people post on a film board and haven't seen it
>>
Thanks for replies. I started downloading it just after I made this thread, but you've got me interested even more, so it is the next film I will see (hopefully) tomorrow.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.