[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch a bunch of films >forget their names >forget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 522175588.jpg (86 KB, 339x509) Image search: [Google]
522175588.jpg
86 KB, 339x509
>watch a bunch of films
>forget their names
>forget their plots
>forget the directors

Does anyone else experience this? The only thing I can remember are some vague scenes. How can I memorize the titles and director names of the films I watched?
>>
Maybe by only watching movies you actually care about instead of forcing yourself to watch shit just to pad out your repertoire of films?
>>
Stop smoking so much weed anon
>>
>>71546076
You simply don't care about the themes enough as it stands, it's ok though, modern themes deal with feminine concerns or are pure distraction so they are meant to be forgotten. You obviously have other more important mental problems which prevent you from using your memory and analysis to its full potential causing you to just want to relax instead of dissecting the social commentary.
>>
>>71546076

I do this all the time. It sucks, I feel autistic as fuck because people always make movie references to me all the time and I never understand them. How the fuck do people remember specific lines in movies so well? Whenever I watch movies I'm just in the moment and never remember the lines later.
>>
i only remember auteurs
>>
>>71546256

I'm not that pathetic to force myself to watch things.
Here's an example of a recent forgetful moment:

>remember this film which is a collection of quirky, mostly sexual, short stories
>forgot its name and director's name
>know that the director directed that Salo 120 Days of Sodom film
>look it up, find that it's pasolini
>looking through the list, remember Teorema
>don't really remember much from it apart from the ending
>suddenly some vague scenes come to my mind, but i'm pretty sure it's not from Teorema, but from another film
>no way to figure out from which film they are and it's driving me crazy

It's like my mind only has bits and pieces of information not tied together.
>>
It happens to me but I don't give a fuck, I think it might even be a blessing in disguise. I can watch the same movie twice and get surprised both times.
>>
>>71546076
wikipedia
>>
this only happens to me if i'm doing something else and letting the movie play in the background. if you're under 50 years old and you're paying attention to movies and even the basic plot lines are escaping you, maybe you should honestly check in with your doctor.

if it's obviously something like too much weed or you're not paying attention in the first place, then take care of that and don't ask us retarded questions.
>>
>>71546076
>>71546555
keep a film diary

there's a number of sites you can use for it

RYM, Mubi, Letterboxd, even IMDB, though i wouldn't recommend that one

you could keep it by hand, too
>>
>>71546500

I'm slightly envious of people who can remember quotes and use them during appropriate moments. People don't have to recognize them and it's still witty and amusing.
Quotes are like a nice, additional chunk of personality you can tack onto yourself.
>>
>>71546562
Stop making me think I need to see someone for my alcholism ;_;
>>
>>71546541
not every movie is worth remembering but try to look up discussions of the movie online, or even make your own. those help. when it comes to quotes and directors and shit, fuck it. it's all pointless trivia
>>
>>71546580

how is that different from the memeing we do here all the time? surely you meme?
>>
>>71546734

There's a difference between quoting a funny and relevant line from a film and spouting "FOR YOU" at everything.

>meme memememe memem ememem em meememe
Stop using meme as an universal word for everything if you don't want to come across as an idiot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.