[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lars Von Trier is a truly twisted genius, his films horrify more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dogvillecartel07.jpg (15 KB, 189x265) Image search: [Google]
dogvillecartel07.jpg
15 KB, 189x265
Lars Von Trier is a truly twisted genius, his films horrify more than any horror film because his monsters are us.

He makes cozy, rational men who wear jumpers into rapists, cowards, murderers and despicable liars. He seems to have a deep hatred and mistrust of modern Western culture, and relishes showing us a vulnerable woman become gradually ruined and destroyed by a patriarchal world.

Whatever his politics and his religiosity, Von Trier has insight into human evil. He peels back the layers of civility and order, to reveal the rutting animals beneath. Tom writhing on top of Grace, desperate to fĂșck her despite most of the town's men having raped her, is such a sickening concept that one almost needs a shower after watching the film.
>>
She wasn't really raped since she was such pushover. Only at the end did she realise that she had been taken advantage of by these relatively normal people. Moral of the story is everyone is looking to fuck you.
>>
Dogville is his best movie. I didn't think such a minimal setting would work but it was fucking great.
>>
>>71544671
>Lars Von Trier is numale core
agreed
>>
Haven't seen this movie, but I'll take a shot in the dark:
>Women sexuality good
>Man sexuality bad
How's was that. Anywhere in the ballpark.
>>
>>71544671
yeah this one is shockingly good 2bh.
very satisfying ending as well
>>
I've only seen Antichrist and Melancholia should I watch this?
>>
>>71544671
>man is the real monster
wow so insightful, truly the Kubrick of our time
>>
>>71544997
somewhat, men are pretty awful in it. But I don't think she's any kind of feminist icon, just wants revenge.
>>
The second one literally has a nigger that was WE WUZ KINGZ. I'm still waiting for the 3rd
>>
>>71545623
>>71544832
I thought Manderlay was superior.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.