[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ive never sat down and watched the god father trilogy, does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 256x144
ive never sat down and watched the god father trilogy, does it still hold up well enough to enjoy it as much as everyone says its a "perfect" movie?
>>
>>71540191
Yes
Don't watch 3 though, it's shit
>>
I don't even really "love" the first and I would have to call it perfect. You have to see it.

I found 2 overlong and derivative but that's a minority opinion
>>
>>71540191
>does it still hold up
stop with this kind of thinking
>>
>>71540437

ever since i got on this kick of going back and watching the classics, i stopped looking into these movies completely so the surprise and enjoyment would be at its max...is 3 literally shit and would it ruin the first 2 for me?
>>
>>71540613
I haven't seen 3 other than the end when I was a kid, don't have any real urge too. To me 2 was already unnecessary enough, but again that's just me.
>>
>>71540563
this. Sounds like you're going to hate it already if you have a mindset of it being overrated going into it. Just watch it.
>>
>>71540613
It can't "ruin" the first two movies for you, but I tried watching it immediately after the first two and I ended up turning it off like 15 minutes in. I ended up giving it a proper go a few years later and it's just a mediocre movie with a lot of negatives to it. Not the worst thing to happen but think of it as if the LoTR trilogy went LotR-LotR-Hobbit in terms of quality.
>>
>>71540191
1 and 2 are still great

dont bother with 3, its awful and you arent missing out on anything that would enhance the godfather story arc
>>
>>71540750
I have the same opinion. In fact, I didn't care for 2 at all. The first one was perfect in what it was trying to do. It really didn't need a sequel.
>>
Dont listen to these idiots who say dont watch 3, see it.
>>
>>71542557
2 was good but I don't see why everyone thinks it's so much better than 1. I liked the first more.
>>
Do u have to watch the other two installments to have the godfather experience? I'm an hour in the first and it's not my cup of tea but I'll keep watching.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.