[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so is this show worth getting into? I've heard that the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: lost.png (152 KB, 2000x1060) Image search: [Google]
lost.png
152 KB, 2000x1060
so is this show worth getting into? I've heard that the mystery stuff is all nonsense with no real meaning.
>>
>>71532572
I dropped it half way through season 3. The first couple seasons are good, but i lost interest after a while
>>
Most of the mysteries get solved and explained, gets into science fiction and religion though
>>
>>71532572
Somebody told me there's an underwater crank that turns back time.

I can't be arsed after hearing that.
>>
>>71532572
I'd say for the most part that's true. So if you can accept that off-the-bat then at the very least you'll be able to appreciate the character drama, and the second most important thing Lost is remembered for after the "HEREZ A RANDUM POLAR BEAR LOLZWAT!!!!," then it's the character drama. All of the mains have deep worthwhile arcs that mostly rap up in meaningful ways.
>>
>>71532731

>underwater crank that turns back time

That's absurd

It's actually a donkey wheel in frozen Egyptian ruins that moves the island through time
>>
It was interesting when the premise of the show was fully steeped into mystery and you didn't fully know what was happening or where the characters were

But once it becomes clear that everything is just pure magic bullshit the show kind of becomes ridiculous
>>
File: we have to go back.webm (1 MB, 734x412) Image search: [Google]
we have to go back.webm
1 MB, 734x412
>>71532572
you missed the golden age, not just of LOST, nor /tv/, but life in general.

things will never be as good as they were in 2004-2009. never. just fucking forget about it anon. you missed it, and there's no going back.
>>
>>71532572
This show has become synonymous with writers not knowing where the fuck they're going.

There is no explanation for anything.
>>
>>71532855
Life without game of thrones and battle of bastards?

Fuck you
>>
>>71532798
i love lost, but this is the perfect reply. i'm kekkin
>>
The Island is some sort of a purgatory, all of them were already dead.
>>
>>71532896
>liking game of plebs

my point stands.
>>
>>71532862
these threads always piss me off because inevitably this guy's always posts. you have nothing to blame except low attention span or short term memory.
>>
>>71533085
the writers strike was a black eye, this is true. otherwise the show is one of the greatest of all time, plebs aside. and any naysayer quit watching halfway through or thinks they were in pergatory the whole time
>>
watch season 1 and two then just know they're all dead and move on to something else.
>>
>>71533085
Why did the Smoke Monster sound mechanical? I swear to god Lindelhack said there was "a specific reason for that."
>>
>Dude, I don't like fiction in my tv shows and nothing matters in my opinion LMAO!

Fucking plebs get your opinions straight from normies
>>
>>71533333
I don't know but I'm miring those digits
>>
>>71533333
>wasting these digits on a stupid fucking tiny detail that could be literally anything and has no impact on the show at all

I'm not surprised
>>
>>71533362
Nobody said that
>>
>>71533428
Yes they did
>>
LOST was only fun to watch while it's airing. It was the first show to produce new memes every season. It paved he way for things like GoT and BrBa.
>>
>>71533441
I don't think so mate, I'd rather marathon it than sit through the fucking commercials again. It was suspenseful but very fucking annoying.
>>
>>71533333
just to make an unearthly ominous noise. its really not that big of a deal
>>
>>71532572
LOST used to be the GoT of /tv/ back in the late '00s

I'm sorry you missed it pal
>>
>>71533441
>>71533616
it was incredible while it was airing because of the unknown and the discussion. its also great to rewatch and marathon to pick up on little things and remember the times
>>
>>71532572
The show is character-driven. Ignore the "muh mysteries" mouthbreathers. While they are cool and add an awesome element to help the story move on, it's the characters that you need to focus on.
>>
>>71533295
Here (You) go.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.