[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is with the praise for this movie? I finally saw it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: martianposter.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
martianposter.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1200
So what is with the praise for this movie? I finally saw it and it seemed to be pretty overrated. Not much character development either.

And what is with 60s/70s music in modern scifi movies?
>>
Nobody on here thought it was anything but shit, it was loved by a certain other site
>>
>>71524570
You mean the site with the smart guys right?
>>
>>71524540
it' so fucking bullshit you can fix a fucking hole with a plastic bag and ductape and pressurise it afterward
the pressure on mars is 0.6% pressure from earth for fucks sake
>>
>>71524650
Yes...
>>
>>71524540
it was fun
>>
>>71524819
How? the humor is literally like from that other certain site

>Mark Watney, space pirate
>I want to be Ironman

I cringed
>>
>>71524674
I heard that the crazy Soviets had a plan for an escape pod that was basically an onion of plastic bags, with the middle one having 1 bar of pressure and the outer one having basically none, so it doesn't explode in vacuum.
>>
>>71524540
The music is in there because of things happening in the book.
But of course, in the movie it didn't make much sense, as it was fucked like pretty much every book movie.
>>
File: ted kkkkkkkkkkk.jpg (56 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
ted kkkkkkkkkkk.jpg
56 KB, 850x400
it's reddit. Space travel and muh scientific developments and muh futurism are for reddtifags.
fucking technologist SCUM
>>
>>71524540
The disco music is mentioned in the book, which is better than the movie. I was disappointed to be honest
>>
>>71524893
shit that would have been something really fucking risky you could get killed by anythings that fly around quickly
>>
>>71525176
Oh yeah, one little micrometeorite hitting anywhere and you're dead. But >soviets
>>
>>71524867
felt kinda refreshing when all I get in other modern comedy films and on 4chan is multiple layers of fucking tedious irony and sarcasm

>>71524924
worked well as a satire
>>
>>71524540
>So what is with the praise for this movie?
Quips. Literally all it takes to get good reviews nowadays.
>And what is with 60s/70s music in modern scifi movies?
Le wrong generationism.
>>
>>71524540

Literally every non white person win the world is a brilliant scientist: the movie
>>
>>71525740
Why bring race into this?
>>
>>71524540
Has Matt Damon docked without fucking up this time?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.