[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
does anyone else think Batman vs Superman would have been better received if it had quips and if they dumbed down the politics a lot more?

le superheroes are bad, let's ban them storyline is repeated in every capeshit movie (watchmen, x-men, avengers, batman, superman). but this one went overboard with it. and the film didn't have enough jokes in the long drawn out fighting sequences.

batman's dream sequences were too kino and needed to be cut

the Why did you say that name (Martha) scene needed to be removed and reworked too. all of a sudden Batman likes Superman?

a lot of things in the movie weren't explained either.

what would have made this film better /tv/?
>>
"no fun :(" is not a valid critique if you are a critic
>>
>>71518546
>does anyone else think Batman vs Superman would have been better received if it had quips and if they dumbed down the politics a lot more?
undoubtedly yes.
>>
this isn't even bait
>>
The funny thing is that bvs did have jokes.
>I thought she was with you
>I figured. The cape.
But people keep acting like bvs had no jokes at all. I don't really get why.
>>
27% Martha.
>>
>>71519309
>>71519309
those were literally the only two jokes in the whole thing, and they weren't even funny
>>
>>71518546
No, there were intrinsic problems with the plotting of the film, normies don't care about big words like "themes" when they go to a movie they expect it to make sense and this movie made none.

you can post viewing talk about various themes zack snyder tried (and failed) to address and there's an interesting conversation to be had there through the lens of the current mass appeal capeshit trend but this is irrelevant to the quality of the movie itself.

"I had an interesting conversation about it later that day with joe from accounting" is objectively irrelevant to the film itself, as a film it's a failure, as a statement it's conceptually flawed but arguably even more interesting because of it.

Anybody who tells you this is a good movie is contrarian but anyone who tells you this movie is boring or substanceless is a pleb.
>>
>>71518546

do I think it would have been better received? yes

do I think it would be a better movie for it? fuck no
>>
>>71518546
But it wasn't deep, we don't really see into the perspective of the heroes, Superman barely has characterization, Batman's killing isn't really explained (I get the dead Robin costume and that he is older, broken, etc. it would had been nice to see into his past more).

The film doesn't have a "deep" story, it's just nicely shot, that is all.

If half of the scenes wasn't about setting up other movies, and Superman actually challenged Batman's killing, it could had been better.
>>
yes, blame it on "quips" and people being too dumb to appreciate intellectualism in a fucking superhero movie.
>>
>>71518546
tone deaf movie, too serious and grim it looks campy, plot didnt make sense, asshole Superman
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.