[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeremy Irons: Batman v Superman deserved scathing reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 224x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 224x362
Based Jeremy

Remember that if you liked BvS, Jeremy Irons thinks your opinion is shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/31/jeremy-irons-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-deserved-scathing-reviews
>>
File: 1460876131858.jpg (444 KB, 1104x601) Image search: [Google]
1460876131858.jpg
444 KB, 1104x601
>>71504828
old news assblasted Marveldrone.
We knew he was Judas long ago, and he's talking about the theatrical cut anyway.
Pic related: Judas.
>>
Jeremy Irons was a horrible fucking Alfred. You know you've fucked up when a literal memeactor delivers a better performance than you do in a movie.
>>
>>71504828
Makes me apprecuate this kino more
>>
>>71504911
kys
>>
>>71504973
Hello Jeremy.
>>
>>71504828
> “I’m tied into Batman at the minute, which is nice because it’s a bit of income,” he said

Why did I laugh so hard at this
>>
He's right. I just watched it yesterday and the movie was dogshit.
>>
That's refreshing.

I tried watching that piece of shit yesterday and I could only make it through half an hour before turning it off. It's offensively bad.
>>
>>71504828
What the fuck does he know? BvS was amazing.
>>
>>71505376

Is this like when you autists started saying the prequels weren't shit just because you're a bunch of fucktarded contrarian kissless permavirgins that can't admit when things "LE NORMIES XD" hate are actually terrible?
>>
>>71505193
>>71505340
But it's so pretentious of him though. He acts as if he had absolutely nothing to do with how much BvS sucked. His performance was dogshit. I could understand him being disappointed if he actually put in the effort but obviously he didn't give one fuck about it.
>>
Why is everybody's opinion on this movie so polarising?
>it was absolute shit
>it was capekino
>>
>>71505626
One of them is true, the other is a meme.
>>
>>71505626
It's as simple as the line between people with above average intelligence and below average intelligence.

Above = Shit
Below = LE CAPEKINO BEST MOVIE EVAR D00D

People with average intelligence just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>71505626
>it was absolute shit
Say people who didn't understand it.

>it was capekino
Say people who understood it.
>>
>>71505621
He did say he's just in it for the money. I imagine he was bored out of his mind because Zach has never gotten a good performance out of anyone.
>>
>>71505626
Well, the movie is actually very mediocre. Back when the movie first came out, /tv/ was ironically calling it capekino and shit. It was a joke.

However, we now have a lot of shills defending this shit now. So who knows?
>>
>>71504898
is that El Flasho second from the right?
>>
>>71505780

>2deep4u
Found the DCuck.
>>
File: 1467219371101.png (2 MB, 2570x794) Image search: [Google]
1467219371101.png
2 MB, 2570x794
>>71505626
Pretty much what >>71505780 said.

People expected MCU 2.0 with tons of quips, but snyder has his own vision.

He had in mind a 3 hours cut but well into post production they changed at the last minute.

He's a visionary, he wants the people to think the whys and hows of superheroes, not just the action and the quips and this doesn't suit well with the critics and average moviegoers who expect a superhero movie to be... empty and "fun" (whatever that word means nowadays).
>>
>>71505780
unironically correct.
>>
>>71505819
yes
>>
>>71505906
>snyder has his own vision

And it's a bad vision. The movie is bad.
>>
>>71505974
No it's not. Visually it's a masterpiece.
You don't like it because it has too much symbolism for your little underused brain to handle.
>>
>>71505974
You just didn't get it
>>
>>71505906
I want entertainment, not a copy of the Christian Bible Network.
>>
>>71506010
>>71506044
Yeah, no. I've seen around 900 of the films on Sight and Sound's top 1,000 and I had no problem understanding any of those. I highly doubt the VISIONARY director of such hit films as 300 and Man of Steel just put one past me. The movie was absolute shit and you should feel bad for trying to defend it.
>>
>>71506010
He jam packed his movie with tons of poses and allusions to classic images. Great, good job snyder.
But all those allusions don't hide the shit characters, contrived motivations, shitty pacing, boring cgi action, and headache inducing monotonous grinding forced gritty tone for a superman movie.

All his allusions are a huge crutch to sure up his incredibly simple and handfisted themes: I.E superjesus vs angry athiests.
>>
Irons was decent in one cronenberg flick and he was trash as alfred.

BvS UE was a solid cape film. normalfags and fanboys are whining about what it should have been as if this is the only film rendition of their beloved heroes but the entire point behind the comics is that every writer has their own fantasies and stories about batman and superman. tl;dr irons should stick to playing his own twin
>>
>>71506294
Yes, this superhero movie with the concept of the good guys fighting eachother is clearly targeted at intellectuals rather than the normies or fanboys.
>>
>>71505555
The prequels were actually good and have great RT and critic reviews so you're wrong. Bvs is garbage though
>>
>>71506195
>I've seen around 900 of the films on Sight and Sound's top 1,000 and I had no problem understanding any of those.
Oh shit, guys. Mr. Cinematic Expert is here, better stop appreciating a nice film because he says so.

>>71506197
>He jam packed his movie with tons of poses and allusions to classic images. Great, good job snyder.
You seem triggered over his love for classical imagery. What's your problem? You don't like to google search everything when you write your RT review?

>shit characters
Please explain who is shit and why, otherwise yours doesn't really qualify as criticism but mere bashing.
>contrived motivations
You mean well enstablished motivations that even a kid could understand? Is it the length of the movie that makes it hard for you to pick up things and details as you watch the movie?

>shitty pacing
This meme again lmao. Watch the UC, idiot. And UNDERSTAND why the theatrical release had problems with pacing

>boring cgi action
Subjective crap that means nothing to me.

>headache inducing monotonous grinding forced gritty tone for a superman movie.
Those are a lot of words for a tiny brain. Again, subjective crap that no one cares about. I can say I find the scenes of Titanic boring, but that doesn't make it a bad film.

>All his allusions are a huge crutch to sure up his incredibly simple and handfisted themes: I.E superjesus vs angry athiests.
So you're just butthurt someone tries to make something different.
Great.
>>
>>71506362

>DC shill damage controlling this hard

Don't worry I'm sure Suicide Squad and Justice League will do just fine. There are plenty of idiots born everyday who will pay to see that trash.
>>
>>71506362
I'm genuinely not sure if the people defending this movie so rabidly are dedicated memers or just very sad autists. Who's trolling who at this point
>>
>>71506145

>I want entertainment

That's your problem. If I watch a comedy to get scared I have no right to say it is shit because I didn't get what I expected.

This movie is for graphic novel fans, which Snyder loves and has been adapting for cinema since 300.

>>71506417
>>71506437
Holy shit you just fucking destroyed me, bros.
Your arguments are just overwhelming!
AAAAAAH SAVE ME MARTHA XD
>>
>>71506294
snyder please leave
>>
File: 1466717151290.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1466717151290.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
>>71505376
>>
>>71506351
no, it's just another round of stories about the JL

people need to lighten up. BvS is "cluttered" but so are the comics sometimes.
>>
>>71506474
define entertainment for me, retard, and not your interpretation
>>
>>71506351

Why do you think it failed? It was targeted for the wrong people. Why do you think intellectual critics and people who generally don't like capeshit appreciate this film while the average capeshit-eating moviegoer thinks it's garbage?

DING DING, time to use the organ between your ears.

>>71506564
>not your interpretation
So now you get it.
Entertainment is (wait for it) SUBJECTIVE.
Fans of The Dark Knight Returns loved this film. Fans of other DC graphic novels like Watchmen loved this film.

You are entertained by low-tier Marvel cash grab and I CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT. Truly, I mean it.
So why can't you do the same?
>>
>>71505120

It's basically the only reason Alfred has anything to do with Batman, aside from guilt for letting the Waynes die.
>>
>>71505687
yeah, but why is the shit meme so vast?
>>
>>71506662
>low-tier Marvel
implying
>>
File: 1466559121868.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466559121868.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>71506662
>Fans of The Dark Knight Returns loved this film. Fans of other DC graphic novels like Watchmen loved this film.
>>
>>71504828
he's right, theatrical cut was a mess and deserved the flack. good thing the UE is actually fucking good
>>
>>71504828
did anyone actually read the article?
>>
Why can't Snyder competently assemble a movie less than three hours long?
Why are all of his films color graded to the point you feel like you're wearing dirty sunglasses the whole film?
Why do people think people misunderstood the film when at most they missed a few painting allusions that are just director wank? The themes and attempts at meaning in the film are so ham-fisted they're hard to miss even if you are artistically illiterate.
>>
>>71506898
>reading

take your faggot ass to /lit/
>>
He said movie was a "a bit muddled." I wouldn't calling that "trashing it."
Also, he's a classless piece of shit given that he's in next one and you can bet everyone will remember this.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.