[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All the CGI grandeur in the world can't help this Tarzan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 21
File: WHITES.png (226 KB, 762x374) Image search: [Google]
WHITES.png
226 KB, 762x374
>All the CGI grandeur in the world can't help this Tarzan outrun its uncomfortable, white-savior overtones.

>Laden with a significant amount of historical and racial baggage, The Legend of Tarzan proves a dopey adventure film with unremarkable performances and some lousy VFX.

>"The Legend of Tarzan" is sequel, origin story and racially sensitive revisionist history lesson all in one. What it isn't is much fun for anyone who's seen Edgar Rice Burroughs' "ape man" in any of his previous incarnations.

So why are some reviewers going on about skin colour so much? And this great white savior shit?

This character was written decades ago
>>
>>71472896
Popular topic, pandering.
Basically, it's hard to make a living as a writer or critic.
>>
>>71472896

because the good reviewers are all dead, and the new ones can't watch anything and rate it objectively.

Hell, even GoT reviews for the finale were mad that it wasn't "touching on modern day social issues" and was just "fun"
>>
>>71472896
They're mentally ill liberal retards, just they're the kind that write movie reviews.
>>
File: whitey.png (405 KB, 878x328) Image search: [Google]
whitey.png
405 KB, 878x328
>Great white savior
>>
File: 1398990548518.jpg (55 KB, 904x531) Image search: [Google]
1398990548518.jpg
55 KB, 904x531
wow all summer blockbusters are getting slaughtered these days
>>
>white Tarzan
>>
how did Warner Bros manage to rope up David Yates into this piece of shit? They were going to have him make The Stand after Deathly Hallows, but that never happened. Then they delayed this Tarzan movie for a year to dump it right before Fantastic Beasts. Dude's going to have a bizarre year, with both a guaranteed flop and a guaranteed hit.
>>
File: GOT_Mhysa.png (864 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
GOT_Mhysa.png
864 KB, 852x480
>>71473081
>it's okay when GoT does it!
>>
>>71473147

I dont know whether its true or not but rumors are they took him off Tarzan early to start work on Fantastic Beasts

Must have known this was fucked
>>
>>71473081
>literally shilling a shitty disney cartoon.
fucking mouseketeers.
>>
>>71473199
For all things branded racist, this scene really was fucking racist. Literal European goddess saving the filthy brown slaves. But it gets a pass because Dany is muh mother of dragons I suppose
>>
>>71472896
>racially sensitive revisionist history

Bet they NEVER say anything like this when niggers are cast in medieval Europe
>>
>>71473348
>this scene really was fucking racist.

Go ahead and explain that one, anon
>>
>>71473199
This is why we need to build a wall
>>
>>71473378

you know Black Knight is a comedy not a historical drama, right?
>>
>>71473413
Yeah.
>>
>>71473401
>Go ahead and explain that one, anon
>>71473348
>Literal European goddess saving the filthy brown slaves
>>
>>71473446
That's not explaining how it's racist at all.
>>
>>71472896
>So why are some reviewers going on about skin colour so much?
kek can't wait Hollywood destroying themselves by allowing lefties liberal into.
>>
>>71473413
hollow crown
>>
File: avatar-rt.jpg (64 KB, 740x334) Image search: [Google]
64 KB, 740x334
>>71472896
>uncomfortable, white-savior overtones
Meanwhile on Pandora...
>>
>>71473446
>>Literal European goddess saving the filthy brown slaves

She isnt european, and most of them were the same race as she is: Caucasian.
>>
File: wtflmsaozomg.jpg (31 KB, 460x491) Image search: [Google]
wtflmsaozomg.jpg
31 KB, 460x491
>/tv/ trying to defend low RT scores by saying SJWs have invaded RT
>>
>>71473528
It's okay because the white savior gives up his shameful whiteness and thus his disgusting white guilt
>>
>>71473081

>Tarzan as celebrity

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>71473605

I wasnt trying to defend the movie at all, I think it looks shit.

I am just wondering why so many reviewers go on about this character being white so much, especially when it seems to be majority white reviewers.
>>
>>71473348
It gets a pass because it's a girl and not a man
>>
>>71473654

In this Tarzan goes back to England to his manor, and everyone knows of his ability to control animals and being king of the jungle.
>>
>>71473528
You don't understand do you.. he abandons his white heritage to break free of the "mean old white ways"
>>
>>71473694
You should ask them on Twitter or email them then post the results
>>
>>71473873
>BLOCKED
>>
File: Tsutey.jpg (679 KB, 1108x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tsutey.jpg
679 KB, 1108x1080
>>71473806
Still doesn't change the fact that he comes in and starts cucking the next-in-line-for-chief's betrothed.
>>
>>71473348
This mindset is a perfect illustration of the over-sensitive retards people are these days.
>>
The books are hilarious. In the first one Tarzan actively hunts and kills black people and is eventually revered by the natives as a white god. In later books he eventually becomes chief of the black people there and then a plantation owner.
>>
>>71473694
>I am just wondering why so many reviewers go on about this character being white so much
You know why...
>>
>>71472896
If it was a black Tarzan wouldn't it be more offensive?I can't understand how the libtard mind works
>>
>>71472896
God, i fuckin hate white people.
>>
Who goes into a theater and throws a bitch fit about white people?
>>
>>71472896
Let's change the role up a bit and say Tarzan is now black.

So portraying a black man as a man-ape is less racist? I'm sure it would go over REALLY well with libtards.
>>
>>71474182
the solution is not making Tarzan at all, it gets people mad and flops hard
>>
>>71474027
Kind of funny, The John Carter books have anti-racist sentiment sprinkled throughout, although maybe Burroughs didn't consider Tarzan racist.
>>
>>71474244
Is John Carter books worth getting into?
>>
File: gVqNpqT.png (527 KB, 820x613) Image search: [Google]
gVqNpqT.png
527 KB, 820x613
>>71473471
It wasn't intentionally racist, but the imagery, out of context, looks like a bunch of fucking cleaning ladies and the guys who deliver my pizza grovelling before a single, very pale, woman. It's easy for some to interpret this imagery as implying her worth alone is greater than the sum total of everyone else in frame.

I know I don't have to spell it out for you, but I thought this would be a good example of how /tv/ only misconstrues messages to support the idea that film is corrupted by Jews and SJWs, because they want to be victims.
>>
There is 3k comments on that article at IGN & most of them are ripping into the reviewer

A white dude "saving" black folk from other white folk isn't a "pro white movie" it's just another white guilt movie

Brad Pitt saves the black dude in 12 years a slave, is that a white savoir movie?
>>
Dem dumb libruls i tell ya hwat
>>
>>71474543
Its a pulpy adventure series, basically sword-and-sandal in space. I really enjoy them, but its definitely not for everyone.
>>
>this British character in the 19th century isn't black
>fucking white men REEEEEEEE
>>
>>71474244
It was written during Victorian times. The irony is that the intellectuals back then thought they were so enlightened and empathetic towards other races when even the dumbest observer can see they were just being condescending. In the future this is how modern liberals will be seen.
>>
File: 516516516.png (60 KB, 634x162) Image search: [Google]
516516516.png
60 KB, 634x162
>Given that the Tarzan story is severely outdated, credit must be given to the filmmaking team for attempting to rid the narrative of its problematic themes. Introducing Williams as a prominent secondary character helps, especially since Samuel L. Jackson has the verisimilitude in his performance to both be funny and taken seriously. Although his performance contributes much to the entertainment of the film, he is largely absent from the marketing, which is disappointing to say the least.

>Despite that, the white savior theme runs strong, and in this day and age, it’s a rather uncomfortable thing to watch and fully enjoy. There’s no question that Tarzan and Jane do their best to save the day and a community of Africans from lives of slavery, and we shouldn’t really judge a film in this way. Yet, the imagery from those scenes speak loudly in more ways than they intend. Even while trying to run away from the strong racist undertones of the original story, the white savior aspect is another troubling issue we’re presented with in this film.
>>
>>71474604
>throwing chimp fits over a character with light pigment
>>
What are they on about
Are they complaining because tarzan is white? Wasnt tarzans parents white?
Are the reviewers equating the gorillas with brown people so the movie is racist?
Whats the issue exactly
>>
>>71472896
>"All the CGI grandeur in the world can't help this Tarzan outrun its uncomfortable, white-saviour overtones."
>Game of Thrones is exactly this and has glowing reviews
>fuck critics
>>
>>71473767
bingo we have a winner
>>
>>71474681
>The irony is that the intellectuals back then thought they were so enlightened and empathetic towards other races when even the dumbest observer can see they were just being condescending

Well, you say that with a modern liberal sense of "comfort". Truth is, savages existed, still exist and tip-toeing around trying to avoid being "condescending" isn't going to help anyone.
>>
>>71472896
>This character was written decades ago

They should really just retire Tarzan right now, his story doesn't jive with todays modern values
>>
>>71474710
Its because in this film Tarzan has already left the Jungle years ago but he has to go back and be feral again to stop slavery or something.
>>
>>71472896
i would have expected this shit to flop regardless of libshit reviewers, simply because i can't think of anyone who wants a darker, gritty tarzan remake
>>
>>71474584
>but the imagery, out of context

Racism requires a context, retard.

Besides, it wouldn't be racist to imply that her worth is greater than everyone around her, only when that worth is explicitly linked to her race can you call it racist without being a mentally ill tumblrite.
>>
Whites (the British in particular) literally ended mainstream slavery worldwide and emancipated millions of blacks
>>
>>71474982
>implying it wasn't King Wewuz, leader of the Wuzkang people and white people haven't just changed history to keep the black man down
>>
>>71474587
Everyone I know who saw that film thought that everything about Brad Pitts character was hilarious.
>Can I produce your film?
>Sure as long as I get star billing for showing up for five minutes and being the hero and moral compass.
Near enough pulled the exact same shit in The Big Short too.
>>
>>71472896
Can you people at least admit there's a massive bias against all blockbuster that aren't made by Disney?
>>
>>71474982
Do I deserve a prize for not being a criminal too?
>>
>>71473199
Oh wow, this scene was so beautiful..... I cried the first time I saw it.....
>>
>white people making movies about white people means "white savior"

meaning while, bruce lee beats up a ton of white sailors CONSTANTLY and nobody bats an eye
>>
It's like this: it isn't racist in the sense that black people are bad, it's racist in the sense that it posits that white people are awesome and rise to meet any challenge. There is a trope, common in a lot of adventure stories from this era, where a white child is orphaned in some way and raised by animals or friendly natives. The child grows up to not only thrive but become superior to all around him, including the "primitives" who raised him. In Tarzan's case, it is compounded by his noble lineage: Tarzan isn't only at home in the jungle, he can mingle in high society as Lord Greystoke. Burroughs emphasizes the old idea of "blood will tell," noble Anglo-Saxon blood being superior to all others and allowing the bearer to withstand and conquer any environment.
>>
>>71475128
The reviewers are crying about white people emancipating african slaves in a fictional story when it is actually what happened
>>
>>71475128
It's more than "not being criminal", ending the slave trade required white people (particularly those ghastly old and male ones) to first of all campaign for legislation to make it illegal and secondly to enforce the laws.
>>
File: Tarzan Escapes.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Tarzan Escapes.webm
3 MB, 320x240
>>71472896

Not much has changed in the real world.
>>
>>71474978
Yeah, I never said it was racist. I was just explaining why the other guy probably thought it was because you're so fucking dense, apparently, you need others to draw basic conclusions for you.
>>
What I find amusing about this usthe film actually seemed to be trying to pander to SJWs in the trailer. That line between Jane and Waltz
>Waltz: I want you to scream
>Jane: Like a damsel?
Just sounds weird. I don't know what it'd be like in the movie but it looked like the kinda thing Prince of Persia did where trying to have their cake and eat it to they had the stronk independent womyn character kicking ass showing she don't need no man one moment then having her be fucking useless the next.

But yeah idk it just seemed like another Joss Whedon/Avengers 2 situation where they were trying to appeal to SJWs then cuz they put a foot out of line they get smashed
>>
>>71475229
If I rape your mom and then campaing against rape do I deserve a prize?
>>
File: 1441618235432.png (174 KB, 367x319) Image search: [Google]
1441618235432.png
174 KB, 367x319
>>71474204
Other white people.

>>71474690
>Problematic
There's that word again.
>>
>>71474690
>we shouldn't judge the movie from those scenes
>but let's judge the movie from these scenes.

Fuck a doodle doo.
>>
>>71474690
She's right though.
>>
>>71475321
No, but luckily the two situations aren't at all equivocal.
>>
>>71475321
No but but if someone was keeping you mom as a slave and a specific group outlawed slavery worldwide and used their position as world leaders to enforce that ban don't get mad when people make movies about similar shit
>>
>>71474690
These are the people who got the general critics score of Neighbors 2 up so analysts were surprised that actual audiences thought it was shit and it underperformed.

Same people who will give FemBusters a high average review score.
>>
>>71473446
holy fuck you're dumb
>>
>>71475396
Do we really need to glorify the white man from ending slavery AFTER benefitting from it?
>>
>>71473348
What's the problem? It's historically accurafe.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (34 KB, 624x215) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
34 KB, 624x215
>It's an "Anti-racists" get it wrong again

These virtue signalling SJWs really need to shut the fuck up. The name Tarzan literally means white/fair skin in the ape language used in the books.

Jesus fucking Christ, talk about 21 year old liberal arts degree kids not knowing what they are talking about as usual. How embarrassing.
>>
>>71475469
Yes. We could have kept it into perpetuity.
>>
>>71475528
10/10
totally got me, familia
>>
>>71475469
Do we really need to keep sympathising with black slaves after their own people sold them in the first place?
>>
The complaints arent that Tarzan is white, its that the plot is "white man is the only one who can stop the genocide in the Congo". Christoph Waltz's villain is based on the real Leon Rom who was King Leopold's representative in the colony. Its insensitive as fuck and way too serious of a topic for the source material
>>
>>71475469
Do we really need to mourn the black man's struggle during slavery AFTER benefitting from it ending due to no longer living in an African shithole?
>>
>>71475469

Like it or not nigger they were the ones who ended slavery.

It wasn't some heroic slave uprising by proud downtrodden blacks against le ebil whitey it was a noble action taken by those who had no reason to do it other than for the good of mankind.

Slavery was far more prevalent in Africa and the middle east than it was in Europe or the Americas despite whatever shit kumba kinte made up propaganda you've grown up with has tricked you into believing
>>
>>71475596
Well the combined "effort" of the black man sure as hell didn't stop it.
>>
>>71472896
All hollywood movies are about white male saviors thats why white people think they are something. When in fact they are the lowest ebb in creation.
>>
>>71473528
It's okay because it came out before these kids went to college
>>
>>71473081
Can we really trust reviews after they shit on BvS? This movie might be good..
>>
Jesus, you literally CANNOT make a summer blockbuster nowadays unless you're Disney, can you? People just innately hate your work because Disney has such a stranglehold on absent-minded quips and boring action.
>>
>>71475917
(((Disney))) owns all the reviewers
>>
>>71475607
I haven't mentioned black people now, so stop right there
>>71475578
Oh, I guess that the ones who were sold didn't suffer after all, right?
>>71475631
That's the same argument that Americunts use
>We spread democracy
No, you don't, you spread whatever ideology better serves your economical interests
Slavery was mainly ended because it was not profittable anymore
>>
The premise is: throw an English aristocrat into the jungle as an infant and he'll grow into a physical paragon and command the allegiance of all the animals (unlike all those underachieving darkies who've been living there for thousands of years).
If you don't see the racism inherent in that construct, you're looking the other way so hard you're likely to pull a muscle.

I'm glad this movie is getting shit on.
>>
>>71472896
Are they trying to compare Gorillas to black people or are they saying that only black people are allowed to be in stories that takes place in Africa?
>>
>>71475478
Talk about someone who hasn't end seen the film and doesn't understand the problems with IT.
>>
>>71472896
It'll swing back again anytime now.
The brexit definetly was a signal that people are getting tired of progressive bullshit. Trump too.

Soon people will turn towards the opposite side. Things like these come and go with the years.
>>
>>71475917
It's not Disney's fault they're vaguely competent while the other studios are run by invalids.
>>
>>71475917
I don't know. The BFG looks like a guaranteed flop.
>>
>>71473199
They raped her?
>>
>>71476012
But whites tame nature better than niggers ever could. How is that racist? It's factually correct.
>>
>>71473348
>There can never again be another scene across any medium where a light skinned person saves darker people because of muh racism

Why not just burn all entertainment and art right fucking now?
Then we'd eliminate one potential source of "racism"
>>
>>71476170
& they murdered her
>>
>>71472896
why is Tarzan racist now? i mean i know everything is racist these days but why him? Tarzan is no different than the boy raised by wolves story, it has nothing to do with black people unless the sjwankers are calling gorillas niggers
>>
>>71476012
Then the jungle book is equally as "racist"
>>
>>71474584
>It wasn't intentionally racist
It was. It's just a different form of racism that managed to seep into much of the social justice movement - the white western woman who comes to save the downtrodden foreigners with her progressive and independent nature.

The only thing missing was a handsome desert prince with traditional misogyny that she could rehabilitate with sex, but that's how you know the writers here were men and not women.
>>
>>71476233
& killed her childrennn!
>>
>>71476411
White woman are the worst
>>
>>71476012
>aristocrat, born from a high iq noble family, who would only marry others from the same race, high iq aristocracy
versus
>some inbred low iq savages who haven't advanced in hundreds of years

I wonder who would achieve more? He is like a god to the darkies, a founding father to be worshiped and followed. Genetics aren't racist.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 500x492
>>71475917
>>
>>71476520
Do you know how stupid you sound little neckbeard?

>high iq

Jesus Christ. You're a joke not even worth getting into an argument with.
>>
> There are a million shitskin characters in literature.

Yet why do shitskins feel like they have to play a white character to be VALIDATED in the world?

Shit on your own characters & creations, but worship white fictional characters and wish you could be them in movies.

Fucking niggers desperate to be white so badly its downright embarrassing.
>>
>>71476621
Nice ad hom, redditfag
>>
File: 1462954159126.png (238 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1462954159126.png
238 KB, 400x350
>>71472896
I love the double standard of "white man being the savior" being bad but the only good black character success stories that are good have to have a fairy white woman as the god machine.
>>
>>71476661
>Yet why do shitskins feel like they have to play a white character to be VALIDATED in the world?

Blacks know they are inferior genetically and are the inferior species...

which is why all black males want to mate with superior white women & white genetics.

This is also why black men crave validation from white society to prove their self worth. (See BET vs. Oscars)

In a way, its blacks admitting they see whites as superiors.
>>
>>71473413
I liked your joke anon.
>>
File: Lady_Gaga.webm (748 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Lady_Gaga.webm
748 KB, 320x240
>>71476621
>No you can't be right!
>Wait I'm on 4chan..
>AND IM A REDDITOR
>THAT MAKES ME ALWAYS RIGHT

Back to you home page faggot
>>
>>71476621
the nobility were generally well educated unlike peasants who before universal schooling most couldn't even read, and dont pretend there aren't large portions of Africa that would still be in the stone age without the west colonising because today there are still stone age tribes in Africa
>>
>>71476747
>which is why all black males want to mate with superior white women & white genetics.

All animals naturally try to mate with superior genetics. There is a reason why Niggers worship white women but treat their own nigger women like filthy street trash.
>>
Do liberals realize that the only reason slavery ended is because white people made it illegal and fought against it?
>>
File: 1467239137021.gif (581 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1467239137021.gif
581 KB, 200x200
>>71474945

That's just retarded tho
>>
>>71476661
because they only know how to steal and not being content with stealing your tv now they want your heritage and culture
>>
The reviewers aren't objecting to the traditional Tarzan narrative, they're objecting to the story in this movie in particular. Which is literally Tarzan fighting the Belgian genocide of the Congo, with cameos by real historical figures in that tragedy.

Why are you all such kneejerk low information faggots?
>>
>>71476661
>Yet why do shitskins feel like they have to play a white character to be VALIDATED in the world?
They don't. Most don't care at all, and if left to their own devices to make media they generally make things like Barbershop.

This is a war between two different classes of whites: globalists who see themselves as the new educated aristocracy and those the globalists consider the plebes who stand in their way.

Minorities issues are just the proxy war.
>>
>>71476848

I dont understand how this is a problem to be honest, films using real world events as a basis for a fictionalized film setting is nothing new.

Now I am not one for jumping on the Disney hate bandwagon, but Captain America 1 pretty much did that.
>>
>>71476848
probably because none of us are retarded enough to pay money to see this turd
>>
Why are white people so eager to throw their own race into the social sewer?
>>
>>71476932
Captain America 1 deliberately didn't do that. They didn't even have the Nazi flag. There wasn't a scene where Captain America raids a Nazi death camp to save the downtrodden jews.
>>
>>71476975
white guilt, because we are capable of feeling empathy for others not of our race
>>
>>71476848
>Why are you all such kneejerk low information faggots?

This is the currency of the internet. Most reviews are about generating the same kind of kneejerk reaction or political signaling as you'd find here, only they get paid for it and all we get are a bunch of worthless (you)'s.
>>
>>71476999
>They didn't even have the Nazi flag
if they did they wouldn't have been able to show it in Germany and maybe a few other countries
>>
Why don't all self-hating whites just fucking off themselves? Cleanse the world of some whiteys if you hate yourself so fucking much. The same goes for male "feminists"; you clearly are a self-hating dude so just eat a shotgun shell and help stop the patriarchy.

Even christfag review sites know how to separate the quality of entertainment media from the "moral" aspects that don't really relate to it, so why can't leftist reviewers do the same thing if they're going to be so fucking preachy? Give it a review score based on nothing but objective factors then give it a separate review score based on your whiny faggot views.
>>
Charles Koplinski
Illinois Times
June 30, 2016
Not simply the best movie of the summer but one of the best films of the year.
Full Review | Original Score: 4.0/4.0

>is it true kino lads
>>
File: 1465695524385.png (484 KB, 595x447) Image search: [Google]
1465695524385.png
484 KB, 595x447
It's nice to see the white bois of /tv/ get buttblasted over this.

The world doesn't revolve around them anymore and they just can't take it. Kek!
>>
>>71476661

Self esteem, self worth.

Blacks don't value themselves nor other blacks. They're only happy when they get a pat on the head from a white man.

:blacklivesdontmattertoblacks:
>>
>>71477120
you realise we're angry at the niggers and wanna be niggers crying racism over something that isn't racist
>>
>>71476810
Explain the uniquely white lust for ayylmao East Asians.
>>
>>71477229
honorary aryans
>>
File: Black lives dont' matter.png (353 KB, 637x474) Image search: [Google]
Black lives dont' matter.png
353 KB, 637x474
>>71477143
>Blacks don't value themselves nor other blacks. They're only happy when they get a pat on the head from a white man.

True. Black people really treat each other like scum. It's disgusting how they just keep victimizing their own.
>>
File: 1446222781550.jpg (47 KB, 383x504) Image search: [Google]
1446222781550.jpg
47 KB, 383x504
>>71472896
>liberals bitching about revisionist history
>>
>>71477297
B-but whites are responsible for muh invinsible institutionalized racism that is pushing nigs to kill nogs.
>>
>>71472896
you left out the critics name

>Isaac Feldberg
>>
>>71477301
are you surprised, look who it was.

>>71477701
>Issac
>Feldberg
>>
Now at 30% its getting some more fresh reviews
>>
>>71472896

>complain about women in movies because "nobody wants to see that shit"
>get a white man to star in one
>it bombs

modern successful blockbusters are mostly female lead

>star wars
>frozen

just to name a couple

face it you cis-gendered fucks, your time is over
>>
>>71478123
Some of the negative reviews did point out that Jane was too Jane and should have been bitch slapping everyone and taking names!

>wait we still have
>Eddie Redmayne
Fucks sake
>>
>>71473199
It's okay because she's a woman. If it were a white man then it would've been racist
>>
31%
>>
>>71472896
The problem is Tarzan should have been more of a wigger. The apes in the novel call him Tarzan which means "white ape". Should have been played by Vanilla Ice.
>>
Dann GireChicago Daily Herald June 30, 2016

David Yates' breathless, atmospheric The Legend of Tarzan swings into theaters with a sharp, personal take on one of the most enduring characters in books and films. 3.5/4
>>
Marjorie Baumgarten Austin Chronicle June 30, 2016

The Legend of Tarzan isn't half-bad, and the film deftly put most of my fears to rest by creating animals and jungles that serve and enhance the story rather than detracting from it. 3/5
>>
>>71478435
>>71478464
Sound like some people just wanted swinging quips and not a personal story/drama that attempts to be something more than a flick
>>
>>71473116
I've noticed this too and it's pretty fucking sad since summer blockbusters are the most fun times at the movies.

I blame the rise of online "reviewers" who hate anything that isn't >2deep or >revolutionary, provocative, and progressive
>>
>>71475964
>Slavery was mainly ended because it was not profittable anymore

Loving every laugh, you total fucking spastic.
>>
>>71475265
Jesus Christ
That's horrifying
>>
>>71475469
>>>white people are a hivemind that all think and feel the exact same way
OK
>>
>>71476164
look i didn't want to go this far, but i'll just say it. i think disney movies are overrated.
>>
>>71472896
imagine Tarzan casted now as black man

ape man

Jean still white woman
>>
>>71477297
In case it's not obvious by the random percentages, these numbers were proven false and the CSB of San Francisco doesn't exist. It's unfortunate because generally speaking the narrative this is trying to spin is not that far from the truth, and actual data would be much more beneficial.
>>
But it's true, look at South Africa since the niggers took over. We need to run their shit since theirs too many to genocide right now
>>
The Purge 61% Fresh
avg 5.4/10

The Legend of Tarzan 30% Rotten
avg 4.8/10
>>
>>71473081
We need a black Tarzan.

It's 2016.
>>
>>71473081
>make Tarzan black
>"oh so you think black people are like apes?"
>make Tarzan white
>"oh so a white person is the main character? how original"
you can't win with critics
>>
>>71473348
>never seeing a video of african children seeing a white woman for the first time
>>
>>71472896
the movie might be shit but getting bashed over PC bullshit is fucking stupid
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.