[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one (as in singular, 1) good reason as to why Finn stopped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1458861071542.jpg (65 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
1458861071542.jpg
65 KB, 1024x682
Name one (as in singular, 1) good reason as to why Finn stopped being an evil storm trooper and nobody else did

At least good movies that do this trope give the character amnesia as justification
>>
He's force sensitive. They made a big fucking deal about the indoctrination being perfect, and yet he resisted it. his force nigger skills are going to awaken in 8.
>>
>and nobody else did

the movies never said no one else ever defected.
>>
>>71466516
Because he's a nigger, and niggers have morals, unlike evil white men.
>>
Because it's a shit film
>>
>>71466516
Stormtroopers who step out of line or show signs of nonconformity are sent to something called "reconditioning" to reapply the brainwashing. The fact that reconditioning exists in the first place implies that Stormtroopers DO break conditioning every now and then.

Finn just decided to get the hell out of dodge before he was able to be reprogrammed.
>>
They have a special storm trooper officer for dealing with disobedient troopers, and software to identify them.

Finn is the only one we've seen. The next main film will have a few more ex-troopers filling out resistance ranks.
>>
>>71466516
DUDE LET ME DEFECT FROM THE ARMY BECAUSE I HATE VIOLENCE AND THEN TURN AROUND AND SLAUGHTER MY BROTHERS IN ARMS INCLUDING ONE OF MY MOST TRUSTED FRIENDS BECAUSE I HATE VIOLENCE LOL
>>
>>71466795
People who make this complaint have literal autism

You understand the point of contention wasn't violence in and of itself, it was that he was being ordered to slaughter innocent people execution-style, and that when he was trying to escape the stormtroopers were shooting at him and he would have died if he didn't fire back?
>>
File: stormtroopers.jpg (362 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
stormtroopers.jpg
362 KB, 700x350
>>71466516
Cause white people know the empire is right
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 800x778
>>71466516
maybe others did, but Finn had a Poe to help him escape.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.