[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Abrams so big? He's only made like 5 movies and none
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 410x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 410x248
Why is Abrams so big? He's only made like 5 movies and none of them were spectacular. He lacks any creativity or ingenuity.
>>
>>71462581

he's been propped up for whatever reason

not talent..connections or family etc
>>
He's a jew.
>>
>>71463300
Jew Jew Abrahamic.
>>
>>71462581
He's Jewish, agreeable and co-operative with the soulless corporate executives, able to bring a big scale production in under budget and his shit movies and tv shows have been financially successful.
>>
>>71462581
The real non-meme answer is that he's Spielberg's protégé.

Sage.
>>
>>71462581
Tom Cruise was a huge fan of Lost and hired Abrams to write Mission Impossible 3. He's seen as a safe bet when studios have big-budget franchise movies to do.
>>
>>71462581
That's a good freakin' question. Maybe it's because he's an effective filmmaker, unlike so many other directors out there that make half-assed movies that don't know what they want to be.

Now I didn't say he was good, or great. I said he was effective.

He's good at pulling heartstrings in the heat of the moment. He'll sweep you up in the action from the very beginning of the movie and not leave much time for scenes that truly develop character depth.

He provides just enough set up in the beginning and sprinkles in enough development throughout to make sure that when he wants you to feel something, you will, at least the first time you watch it (granted you have any heartstrings left alive to be played upon).

What I find when I re-watch some of his films is that I wonder why the hell I cared as much as I did about the characters in the first place.

I still enjoy some of his work to a certain extent, but it's by no means visionary or inspired.

One thing in particular I do really like about JJ is that he takes time to film on location for a lot of stuff, and he uses quite a few practical effects, sets, and props.
>>
>>71462581
he's part of a chosen 'tribe'
>>
>>71463902
Makes sense. I wonder how members of that tribe identify themselves?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118 KB, 1680x1050
WOO POST TANKS
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.