[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it, why does it matter if he's a Targaryen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: jon snow.jpg (68 KB, 630x374) Image search: [Google]
jon snow.jpg
68 KB, 630x374
I don't get it, why does it matter if he's a Targaryen or not? I mean it's kind of a neat twist but I don't see how it affects anything or why anyone cares.
>>
because it makes him the rightful heir to the iron throne
>>
A male Targaryen and child of the last heir has a better claim to the throne than some girl. Plus, he's not a bastard.
>>
because prophecys and shit
>>
It means he can be king
>>
>>71462476

ironthorn is kill

norf for the norfmen
>>
>>71462476
>>71462501
>>71462528
But the Baratheons took control, so it's now the Baratheons that are the royal family and have claim to the throne. Even if Snow is a Targ, wouldn't he have as much claim as anyone else?
>>
>>71462410
It doesn't, and he isn't. It's all bait. Jon stays dead in the books. Source: I have read winds of winter manuscript.
>>
>>71462410
how will they reveal to jon that hes special?

something hacky like danys dragons try to burn him and hes fine
>>
>>71462410
Dragons
>>
>>71462604
bran will just tell him what he saw
>>
>>71462566
He has the same claim, if not more than Dany to the throne
>>
>>71462573
>manuscript
>because a chapter where the POV is switched accurately represents everything that will happen in the book
>>
>>71462650
Dany has a claim to the throne but nobody would acknowledge it, hence why she needs an army
>>
>>71462650
He's a bastard
>>
>>71462566

all baratheons are dead though

at the very least it makes him lord of dragonstone
>>
>>71462566
Technically there are no Baratheons left, and even then, a dynasty is a hard thing to crush. If Dany stakes her claim to the throne as her birthright, there is cause for contention. Even if Jon abdicates, folk will use him as an excuse for another rebellion. They either have to marry, or one has to die.
>>
>>71462714
He has as much claim as any Robert Baratheon's bastards
>>
>>71462667
>one chapter
dude there was much more than that:
>/2g9mqh
just add that after tinyurl link
>>
>>71462691

Rhaegar legitimized him more than likely, especially considering Rhaegar believed he would give birth to Azor Ahai. Seeing as Aegon is probably not in the TV series, there shouldn't be any doubt who Rhaegar thought was the top child.
>>
>>71462566
many people want a targ on the throne. have you seen the show?
>>
>>71462691
No, hes a Targaryen.
>>
>>71462798
Who has said that? sorry this show is so dense I forget things.
>>
>>71462410
he has powers
>>
>>71462750

joffrey killed them all except gendry

none of this shit matter in the books because Aegon is the one most likely to win the throne
>>
>>71462691
Yet Joffrey and Tommen become king even when Ned proved they were bastards
>>
>>71462840
What happened to Gendry?
>>
the lord of light is watching over Dany too. She should have died in the desert a long time ago
>>
>>71462840
Dany is so going to kill that useless mistake trope. GRRM added him as a foil for Jon+Dany, but it doesnt work.
>>
>>71462789
>legitimized him more than likely

Rhaegar died before Aerys.
>>
>>71462831
Nobody. One of Viserys's aides tells him something like "they drink secret toasts to your health and pray for your return" but it's clear he was just sucking up to him. Nobody in the show wants a Targaryen on the throne.
>>
>>71462899

I'm pretty sure only the father has to legitimize the child if he's a noble. If the bastard isn't of noble birth then it's a lord/the regent. Roose legitimized Ramsay, not Tommen.
>>
>>71462969
Tommen legitimized Ramsay with his decree.
>>
>>71462870
He's present at Brienne's hanging in the books

In the show he's on a tiny boat, rowing
>>
>>71462410
It means when Dany hears about it, she'll be flooding for her him to be inside of her.
>>
>>71462691
Not if Rhaegar married Lyanna
>>
>>71462410
It could be a huge upset for the north. If it turns out he's not the son of Ned Stark, bastard or not, it would make his claim to being King in the North shaky. If Dany finds out she might welcome him into the fold or burn him to ash, as he would be able to claim the Iron Throne in her stead being a male heir to the Targaryen line.
>>71462870
In the books he's with the brotherhood without banners, working as a smith. I can't recall what happened to him in the show.
>>
>>71462691
Rhaegar and Lyanna married, whether or not that marriage will be seen as legitimate is another story
>>
>>71463062
HBO stated it was not a marriage.
>>
>>71463067
>I can't recall what happened to him in the show.
He rowed away and was never seen again.
>>
Even if Jon wanted to stake a claim for the throne, how could he go about proving his heritage? The only person who knows is Bran, and he saw it through a vision. Unless the writers pull something contrived like "Lyanna had birth records buried with her in the Winterfell crypts," no one will ever believe Bran.
>>
>>71463171
Howland Reed is still alive and the other Northern Lords would trust his word

the rest of Westeros wouldn't care regardless
>>
>>71463091
Well in the show anything can happen.
>>
it means he's fucking azor ahai you shitheads
>>
>>71463207
I've actually wondered about this, would they trust howland reed?

it's true he's the only other person who was at the tower of joy, but wouldn't he basically be calling ned stark, the most honorable cunt is the seven kingdoms a liar?
>>
Anyone else sad that there's only two seasons left? ;_;
>>
>>71462566
The Baratheons only managed to claim the throne because they had Targ blood in their family tree.

Robert's grandma was a Targ.
>>
>>71463277
Ned lied to fulfill his beloved sisters dying wish. Besides, he was too honorable to kill a newborn who had done nothing wrong, especially his sisters son.

That's not hard to believe.
>>
>>71462573
He stays dead in the books because there hasnt been anymore books. John dies in one of the last few chapters of the currently last book.
>>
>>71463412
I think it would be for a couple notherners, yeah it turns it into another honor story but he'd literally be implying neds been lying to people including his wife and own family for over 10 years.

Jon needs tame a dragon before anyone takes the targshit seriously. or bran could warg/tree time wizard everyone I guess.
>>
>>71463312

I'm excited, if only to see how it all ends
>>
>>71462476

>bastards
>ever legitimate heirs
>>
>>71463436
>implying I haven't read all the books
Nigga I am telling you GRRM will decide not to ressurect him.
>>
>>71463538
He WILL resurrect him, it's just that he's going to kill him again.
>>
>>71463515
eloped
>>
>>71463578
You are wrong. He won't be resurrected.

Screencap this.
>>
>>71462573
My Dad works at Nintendo and he can confirm this.
>>
>STARKS = ICE
>TARGS = FIRE
>HE IS THE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE
>>
>>71462789
>Rhaegar legitimized him more than likely

Rhaegar was never King

Is all of /tv/ this retarded when it comes to GoT?
>>
>>71463614
>Screencap this.
Why bother? No more books will come. And you're not a namefag so you'll have no vindication for your stupidity.
>>
>>71462691
Not if Rhaegar married Lyanna. Plenty of Targs were polygamous.

Aegon the conqueror married both his sisters.
>>
>>71463687
waow
>>
>Thinking Jon's lineage has anything to do with pleb politics and bullshit normie Westerosi shit
>Not that he's the savour of humanity against ice zombies

Clearly he's the most important person since while all these other cucks are trying to be ruler, he'll be trying to save everything from getting BTFO.
>>
>>71462573
>Jon stays dead in the books.
People give a shit about the books.
>>
>>71462815
He was never legitimized and is known as a bastard to everyone.

>>71462867
Ned died before he could reveal it.

>>71463089
HBO has stated they were not married.

I can't tell if /tv/ is trolling when it comes to discussing GoT. The thread is serious but the posts I just responded to were some of the dumbest shit I've read on this board.
>>
>>71462410
he'll be able to ride dany's white dragon
>>
>>71462691
Book King Robb talked about how he was going to write a royal decree legitimizing Jon in the event that Robb died, because he thought the other Stark boys were all dead, and didn't want the Lannisters to get Winterfell through Tyrion's then-marriage to Sansa. It's unknown whether he went through with it, though. I can't remember if Robb said something similar in the show.
>>
>>71462815
He's still a bastard you idiot
>>
>>71462501
he's still a bastard though
>>
>>71462789
How could Rhaegar legitimize him when he wasn't even around when he was born?
>>
>>71463695
He doesn't have to legitimize him if he married Lyanna.

He's the son of the king. And the son of the first son comes before the second son.

Forgetting the rebellion and everything and if the Targs were still around Jon would be first in line even before Viserys although behind Aegon.
>>
>>71462501
How is he not a bastard? If the typical audience is this retarded it's no coincidence that the show spoon feeds everyone.
>>
>All these people thinking he's a bastard
>Implying there won't be the whole Weirwood tree secret wedding ceremony scene that shows Lyanna/Rhae were officially a thing in the eyes of the Old Gods

Let's be honest, it makes no sense but that's the best we can hope for.
>>
>>71463818
He talked about it but it never happened. In show it totally never happened. I love Jon's character but he's still a bastard.
>>
>>71463818
>illegitimate king legitimizing anything
What's the point, might as well just legitimize himself
>>
>>71463883
>How is he not a bastard?

If Rhaegar married Lyanna.
>>
File: posting on tv.jpg (55 KB, 405x594) Image search: [Google]
posting on tv.jpg
55 KB, 405x594
>>71463868
Rhaegar never married Lyanna.
>>
>>71463935
Rhaegar was already married. Granted, I don't know how divorce terms work in Westeros, but at this time Rhaegar was already tied to Elia.
>>
>>71463936
How would you know? he may have. None of us know at this point.
>>
>>71463351
This.
>>
>>71463917
Does the king himself have to legitimize a bastard? Ramsay's father made him a Bolton.
>>
>>71463998
>How would you know?

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

Because HBO confirmed it.
>>
>>71463917
Well he is the Lord Stark
>>
>>71464029
Roose asked the king to make Ramsay a Bolton.
>>
>>71464029
Why didn't Ned do the same for Jon?
>>
>>71462501
He would be closer to a supposed "great bastard." someone born from 2 unmarried nobles, the targs had a huge lot of them.
>>
>>71462649
then jon hangs himself because he's a fucking targaryen. it's like a neonazi finding out he's jew
>>
>>71464029
I think the Lord of the House can do it. Still, Rhaegar couldn't have done it because he was dead by the time Jon was born.
>>
>>71463981
Garyens can be polygamous.
>>
>>71463981
Polygamy is not recognized by the Seven Gods, rules that marriage must be between one man and woman.

However, Targs were historically polygamous, as explained earlier in the thread.
>>
>>71464062
Because Ned was too honorable and wanted to sell the lie that Jon was a bastard. Why would he legitimize Jon when he had three other sons already, especially when he knew that Jon wasn't a Stark? It would seem fishy.
>>
>>71463794
HBO is gonna go bankrupt before Winds of Winter is released, they know nothing.
>>
>>71464126
> Winds of Winter will be released with the new 4K Blu-Ray complete series anniversary box set
>>
>>71464062
Ned kept Jon a bastard so Robert wouldn't have him killed the way he had all the other Targaryens killed. If Ned had legitimized him he would have been killed.

At any rate, Ned's time was cut short. When he last saw Jon he promised they'd talk about his mother the next time they met so maybe he planned to.
>>
>>71464045
If discovering Lyanna and Rhaegar married and Jon is legitimately in line for throne is their big twist they're not going to reveal it just yet.

There's reason to think they've got something still under the hat, otherwise why the fuck would Lyanna whisper shit to Ned?
>>
>>71463351
True. However, seeing as they claimed it and took it, Targs themselves no longer make a fuck.
>>
Do people find this guy attractive? I never watch this show but he looks cool. no homo
>>
>>71464045
HBO straight-up lied for almost a year about Jon being dead. D&D and Kit Harington both said point blank that Jon was permanently dead and would not be coming back. It's not too ridiculous to think they'd lie about other things.
>>
>>71464221
He looked like a gurmless retard in S1 but he's grown into his look
>>
>>71464045
Anyways that pic was made by a team of yes-men and interns.
>>
>>71464237
STANNIS
>>
Is anyone alive that would know that he's part Targaryen? Otherwise this whole thing seems like a moo point.
>>
File: 1464302845844.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1464302845844.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>its kind of a neat twist
A twist people called after the first book isn't a twist
>>
>>71464297
Howland Reed was at the Tower of Joy. He was pretty fucked up after the fight with Arthur Dayne, though. He also didn't seem to be in the room with Ned when Ned talked to Lyanna, so he wouldn't know the exact details about unless Ned told him later.
>>
>>71464297
Melissandre will revive him by killing Shireen, and be consumed by the resulting flames.

But Jon will not be harmed.
>>
>>71464297
Bran knows now
>>
>>71462604
No, it's been shown that he does get burned.
>>
In the patriarchal society of Westeros a male bastard has more chances of pressing claims than a non bastard female heir.

t. cis scum
>>
>>71464189
>>71464237
>all the proof we have so far says Rhaegar and Lyanna were never married
>"b-but maybe they were!"

This is, of course, ignoring the point I made that everyone in the Seven Kingdoms believes Jon Snow to be the son of Ned, ergo he would still be considered a bastard regardless of whether or not he was born out of wedlock.

>>71464263
Which one are you? Clearly you were one of the people who made it.
>>
>>71463351
>The Baratheons only managed to claim the throne because they had Targ blood in their family tree.
>Robert's grandma was a Targ.

Yes yes

HOWEVER

The targs claimed the throne just by sheer force. What stops anyone from doing the same?
>>
>>71464398
I'm David, we just pull things out of our asses and retards eat it up
>>
>>71464414
This
>>
>>71462912
The Reach and Dorne does. Mostly for revenge purposes, but still. And to the ordinary peasant the rule of the Targaryens is most likely remembered fondly. The Mad King's actions mostly affected the nobility, and except for him the Targs granted Westeros 300 years of prosperity, with only a few interruptions of the peace.

Now there is non-stop war and lords rise and fall like dominoes. One cannot help but imagine them dreaming back to a better time when Dragons served as a nuclear deterrent for the nobility's schemes.
>>
Because now he isn't a bastard, he is the legitimate son of Rhaegar and Stark, which puts him over Dany even if he's her nephew.

Even though the Baratheons overthrew the Targs, people would still support Jon/Dany's claim and recognize their rule ie: the allies of Targaeryn.
>>
>>71464305
I guess you can call it good writing if you can pay close attention and figure out a twist before hand.
>>
>>71464414
>The targs claimed the throne just by sheer force. What stops anyone from doing the same?

A complete revolution by force would require overwhelming force. Robert didn't have it. Most of the chucklefucks in the story don't have it either.
Dany has the force AND the name.
>>
>>71464414
There was no throne to claim. They literally created the very idea of the Iron Throne.

But you're right. As of now there is no legitimate blood relative to the Baratheon's left. It's only Right of Conquest as of right now.
>>
>>71464515
How is he legitimate? Unless it's shown that Rhaegar married Lyanna, he's still a bastard. Yes, I'm fully aware that the fact of that may be revealed, but as of now, he's still a bastard.
>>
>>71464398
I ultimately agree with you that regardless of the circumstances, no one is going to believe that Jon is anything than a bastard. The only real proof otherwise is Bran, who had a vision that no one else saw, and possibly Howland Reed, who is a creepy crannogman that no one really likes and has been living reclusively since the rebellion. It's their word against Ned Stark's.

That being said, it's silly to just take that infographic as the word of god. HBO has demonstrably lied to the fans in the past in order to keep certain plot points a secret. The in-between-seasons word of HBO and the actors shouldn't hold weight at all.
>>
>>71464575
>Unless it's shown that Rhaegar married Lyanna, he's still a bastard.

See: Howland Reed. That's why he hasn't shown up in the entire damn story. He's the only living witness who could back the story of Jon's heritage.
>>
>>71463720
Name one other after AC
>>
>>71464640
Maegor Targaryean
>>
>>71464548

>The force

Honestly her non-Westeros force is stupid. George RR Martin is stupid. The dothraki are light cavalry, sporting no armor for themselves or their horses, while the Unsullied wear a thin piece of leather and only wield a spear. They're going against heavily armored knights skilled in dealing with heavy cavalry charges, wearing thick enough armor to deflect spear thrusts, while having enough training and years of war to implement tactics to stop wild cavalry charges, defend keeps, set up defenses including trenches and stakes, and will be able to crush Unsullied in hand to hand combat.

If it wasn't for the Tyrells, Dany would stand no chance (besides Dragons but they've already set the precident they can be killed with ballistas and swords)
>>
>>71464640
Maegor
>>
>>71462410
The Prince that was Promised / Azor Ahai is from Jaehaerys II lineage.
Jaehaerys II is Rhaegar's grandfather.
>>
Because it throws a wrench in Dany's plans. Even if he is a bastard.

Granted, he MORE than likely doesn't give half a shit about the South. He would probably abdicate to Dany on the grounds that he rule the north as a separate, sovereign state. Either that or Dany goes to war with her own blood who not only is known everywhere as a good and just man, but is also commanding the front line against the Others. She would lose a lot of support. At least in the books. Since the show is just a massive girl power feminist wet dream at this point she's probably gonna end up marrying him or some stupid shit.
>>
File: 1467156541284.png (103 KB, 226x256) Image search: [Google]
1467156541284.png
103 KB, 226x256
>>71464576
>wait when Dany goes full madness and try to kill Jon with a three head Dracarys of her dragons and he walks out naked through the flames cuz he got targ immune fire system
>>
>>71464758
>marrying your Nephew to solidify your claim to the throne after you have incestuous sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation to get an heir for the throne

sound exactly what a targ would do, and exactly what europe did
>>
>>71462604
Jon and Dany will fuck, bran will walk in on them
>>
>>71464758
She'll probably be willing to marry him because she won't want to have to take the North. He'll be willing to marry her because he'll just want bodies for the inevitable conflict with the walkers.
>>
>>71464686
Ah yes who spent his entire reign at war with the faith

But I'm sure they were happy to low rhaegars second marriage to lyanna and Jon is a legitimate targ
>>
>>71464691
If the viper would have just shit his mouth he would have easily killed the mountain proving that
Speed>>>>>>strength
But that goes out the window when you monologue during a fight
>>
>>71464691
>If it wasn't for the Tyrells, Dany would stand no chance
The Dornish.
And likely every other kingdom at odds with King's Landing. See: pretty much all of them. Storm's End seems to have already declared for Aegon and his forces are also likely to join Dany's.

But even if you discount the forces, dragons are the upper hand still. Aegon the Conqueror had 3 dragons and managed to take over the entirety of Westeros, save for Dorne.
>>
>>71465191
Adding to that it's doubtful that she'll manage to bring the Dothraki over due to how much they fear the sea and how many of them AND their horses might die during sea travel.
The role of the dothraki is most likely as support for breaking the siege of Meereen. You really don't want them in Westeros.
>>
>>71465241
Did you even watch the end of season 6?
>>
>>71465276
look, that light calvery is going to get torn up in any fight, and the unsullied are also going to get slaughtered with those leather armors against heavy calv, let alone the weather and fighting in a complelty new enviroment that they don't know how to fight in, along with the clashes that will arise anywhere the dothraki are stationed for a long period of time
>>
File: 1463429783941.png (11 KB, 259x288) Image search: [Google]
1463429783941.png
11 KB, 259x288
>>71465241
Dothraki have trouble fighting Westerosi knights and will not be used to the weather conditions. a well armed Lannister army could rout them easily

Least you forget these scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYM6B7CTs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Gzy6QSJ2g
>>
File: 1465145672510.jpg (76 KB, 720x717) Image search: [Google]
1465145672510.jpg
76 KB, 720x717
>>71464880
Considering Danny has allied herself with.

1.The Greyjoys who, to his knowledge, invaded Winterfell, killed Maester Leweyn and Rodrik Cassel, and kidnapped his brothers.
2. Tyrion, who in between the time that they met, is part of the family who killed his brother, and step mother, among with hundreds of Notherners who now support him.
3. Dothraki, which is just as bad as WW, if not worse because you cannot use your magic wall to put yourself between them.

It won't happen, Jon would die before he would surrender to her
>>
>>71462969
No. They need a royal decree.
Roose legitimized Ramsey in Tommen's name.
>>
So are the Starks going to be extinct?

Meaning Sansa and Arya wont name their kids Stark.
And Bran's dick doesnt work.

Jon last name is Snow/Targ
>>
>>71465411
>>71465276
I don't give a shit about the show.
In the show there's no rules. Physics and civil laws have no meaning.
>>
>>71465823
just because your paralyzed doesn't mean that you can't ejaculate, i believe.
>>
>>71465823
I'm pretty sure all the houses are going extinct.
>>
>>71463687
>and who
>are you
>>
>>71465823
It depends on how Jon is legitimized. The Targ name is iffy, but the Stark one is much more likely.

If the Wall goes down then the Night's Watch ceases to exist. And maybe then Benjen comes back!
>>
>>71462912
Don't forget varys showing up and saying fire and blood not to mention the iron borne
>>
>>71465872
I wouldn't even be mad. There are hardly any likable characters in this series.
>>
>>71465584
Sansa can vouch for 1 and 2 being okay. She has firsthand knowledge that Tyrion was the only real sane person in King's Landing, and she wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Theon's help.
>>
>>71463089
No rhaegar was married to the dorne bitch
jon is a bastard
>>
This wont actually matter right?

No one would be able to prove this no matter what. Only Bran can see it and he has no way of proving to anyone else
>>
I hope the faceless men will have some other roles in the future, like Cersei pays them to assassinate people and Jon will have to defend himself against them.

Also I hope they do flashbacks on Rhaegar and to the trident with Robert decked out in full gear making him look a match for the mountain.
>>
Why would Rhaegar have Kingsuard guarding his possible wife.. Kinda makes sense since they protect the king.. If he somehow married Lyanna or not, Rhaegar had them to protect the future king. Azor Ahai. The song of ice and fire. Why Tf would the three eyed raven chose this event over anything else for Bran to learn how to defeat the white walkers ?? This is painfully obvious. Jon, or maybe Jahaereys, is the key to defeating the white walkers.
>>
>>71466031

If a Boar can take out Robert , why couldnt Rhaegar?
>>
>>71466030
I guess it could happen since Bran is still Stark, and has claim as Lord of Winterfell. Even if no one believed him he could still legitimize Jon in his role.
>>
>>71466030
Howland Reed
>>
>>71466030
Howland Reed
>>
>>71466030
What do you think the propose of Sam in oldtown's library is ? A big reveal for Jon's true born rite to the throne
>>
>>71466049

Bingo . Kings-guard only protect kings or future kings.
>>
>>71466031
>I hope the faceless men will have some other roles in the future, like Cersei pays them to assassinate people and Jon will have to defend himself against them.

The crown is completely sunken in debt and in the show the Lannisters don't even have cash anymore. Cersei can't afford them.
>>
>>71466080
>>71466085
Why has he never made an appearance? where is the old fucker?
>>
>>71462410

ITS GONNS BE SNOW VS DANY

THEN ARGON AND GRIFF WILL BE INTRODUCED ...END OF S7 OR STSRT OF 8

THEN GENDRY WILL COME BACK BACKING BARATHEON WITH RED WITCH
>>
>>71466105
Kingsguard protect who they told to protect
>>
>>71466114
That's a good reason for him to stay hidden. Because he's the only other survivor of the Tower of Joy deal.
He might be back in the North, helping the defense against the Ironmen (that's how Moat Caylin got fucked, with the cowardly frogmen poison darting the shit outta the ironmen).

In the book I theorized he might be the High Sparrow, since his actions seem a bit too AIMED at the Lannisters.
>>
>>71466096
I legitimately don't think there is a purpose other than to give Sam an ending. They could never show him again and it would still make sense.

But if he isn't done, then I assume he'll end up being a scholar or adviser to the crown.
>>
>>71466049
see >>71464756
And if Rhaegar told them to stay there, they had to obey.
Arthur Dayne said to Ned "Our prince wanted us there."
Rhaegar was obsessed with the PtwP theory. He thought his son Aegon was that hero but maybe he realized that it was is newborn son: "Jon" and told them to stay there to protect him.
>>
>>71466096
That's an interesting point. I'm still wondering what Sam's role in all of this is since they're focusing on his story so much.

But why would the library have any more knowledge on the matter, unless Rhaegar passed them the knowledge of Jon's true heritage prior to his death? Even then, why would they keep it a secret all this time.

Personally, I think they're going to introduce a bunch of auxillary characters with some authority who turns out to have the knowledge.

Also... anyone else feel like the white walkers aren't threatening enough? They let Sam kill one, Jon kill one, Meera randomly kill one... at this rate it just looks like they're shitty fighters. How will they make them seem more of a threat?
>>
>>71466149
>maybe he realized
Rhaegar didn't know shit. Maybe he THOUGHT is correct. Perhaps he theorized that his current wife wasn't the right "stock" to produce the PtwP and found himself some First Men pussy.
>>
>>71466125
Then Podrick will win the Game of Thrones with his big fat dick.
>>
>>71466242
>I'm still wondering what Sam's role in all of this is since they're focusing on his story so much.

In the books he manages to get a foot into the Maester's core, seeing how the bastards have been controlling information for centuries.
Sam reaches an infamous Maester who vehemently believes magic DOES work and proves it by setting a glass candle alight.
>>
>>71466126
>Kingsguard protect who they told to protect

At that point Rhaegar and Aerys were dead. They weren't under orders anymore.
>>
>>71466242
It's going to prove that the Maesters are the reason why the Dragon's actually died out in Westeros, as they slowly poisoned them and destroyed all things magic to be replaced with reason, so as to have a more cohesive society run by logic and not Magik
>>
>>71466371
What's your point? Aegon would still be ahead of Jon, they are acting on previous orders due to muh prophecy them being there doesn't make Jon King
>>
>>71465932
>Sansa can vouch for 1 and 2 being okay.
Nope, Greyjoys (and especially Yara) still reponsible for starting war against North, yeah Theon didn't killed Jon's brothers, but he still killed a lot of northmen. But since show is SJW-bullshit and very predictable Jon will be numale and didn't demand heads of iron islanders.
>>
>>71462410
well, a few seasons back, and also in the books there's a vision about snow in the throne, I mean literal snow , not Jon Snow, but that could mean anything .. winter kills everybody, the white walkers kills everybody, or the ham fisted "Jon SNOW will be seating on the throne" ...
I would really love for GRRM to finish the book on a sad and hopeless note , the white walkers winning or somehow everybody dying..
>>
>>71466557
>But since show is SJW-bullshit and very predictable Jon will be numale and didn't demand heads of iron islanders

Reminder that Jon hung a young child just a few episodes ago
>>
>>71466616
>Reminder that Jon hung a young child just a few episodes ago
Yep, it was a strong episode, but Jon-Danny alliance is too obvious and progressive so D&D will never have enought balls to make something different.
>>
>>71466579
The Others aren't going to win.
Everybody -named- dying, though, that's very possible.
The story has taken a bit of a shift to focus on the smallfolk, showing that they DO matter. So if everybody gets fucked to save the commoners, that'd be neat.
>>
>HE IS DA CHOSEN WUN

god, and people try to claim this isn't generic shit
>>
>>71462410
I don't get it. Why do you have to be such a fag?
>>
>>71467032
If he really does turn out to be the chosen one it's gonna really hurt GoT in my eyes cause thats like my least favorite trope
>>
>>71465944
Rhaegar and Elia were married under the seven. It is canon that Rhaegar was obsessed with prophecy and believed he needed a third legitimate child. It is also canon that Targaryens practiced polygamy in the past and Rhaegar and Lyanna visited the only weirwood tree south of Moat Cailin on their way South.

It's possible that they married under the Old Gods.
>>
>>71467032
Nah he isn't chosen, prophecy was translated wrong.
>>
>>71467133
Chosen to destroy.
>>
>>71462410

free bump, thanks for ruining my board. I am stealth GoT posting to make it as cancerous as possible so maybe the mods notice it.
>>
>>71467032
Yeah that's the part I hate.
Jon is the chosen and will defeat the White Walkers. Fuck that high fantasy shit.
>>
>>71464029
With a decree from the King. If it was that easy to legitimise a bastard ned would have done it the moment he saw Jon.
>>
>>71465889
Benjen is literally fucking dead though, he made a comment about his heart not working, So I severely doubt his dick will.
>>
>>71468459
Not in the books
>>
>>71465932
Jon and Tyrion have met and like each other. It was a long time ago though.
>>
>>71468613
True, I was talking about the shows plot line. It's already an established fact that the show is vastly different to the books.

Although I do agree the books are superior.
>>
>>71468697
I didn't say they were. Just trying to figure out where things may go from here in light of the show's events.
Benjen is still a lingering plot thread, but he's most likely not Coldhands for a few reasons (the least of which would be eye color). But then again I had considered that maybe "Coldhands" was Bloodraven riding Benjen's wight.
>>
>>71462410
It's getting a too fucking obvious that Jon and Dany will rule thogheter, since book season 1 there were hints, I mean a Song of Ice and Fire, now Dany nows she need a husband, she will somewhat convince Jon to take the Iron Throne.

I expect some plot twist to this tough, without it it would be a shit ending. Maybe it will be revealed that it all took place inside the eye of a giant named Macomber.
>>
>>71462410
It means he's gonna marry you know who because they are incestouos bastards
>>
>>71464851

>jon walks up to a shocked bran and says
>the things we've done for love
>and who
>are you
>>
File: 1363709998115.jpg (91 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1363709998115.jpg
91 KB, 400x399
Why doesn't Kelly C just fly on dragons to westeros and tell them to submit or she'll just burn everything?
>>
File: laughing_whores.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whores.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
>>71462840
>not even important enough to be in the show
>will win the throne
>>
>>71462566
The Baratheons (including Robert's bastards) are all dead, son.
>>
>>71462604
He's been burned though.

Chalk this up to the show getting the "Dany doesn't burn" thing wrong. The only reason she didn't get burned at the end of season 1 was blood magic. She's very capable of being burned in the books, as are all other Targaryens.

She only did that "I can't be burned" thing in this season because D&D wanted her to get away from the Dothraki without being saved by Drogon like in the books.
>>
>>71462410

Do you think Jon will change his name if he ever ascends to the throne?
>>
>>71465889
but benjen can not father a legitimate son
>>
>>71464851
>"OH MY GODS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'RE RELATED BY BLOOD!"
>Jon pushes him out of a window.
>"No one must know."
>proceeds to fuck Dany
>>
>>71462410
If he's a targ then the northern houses wont want him to be King in the North and they will veto him in favour of Sansa,
>>
cant wait to see the board blow its shit when cersi kills danarys.
>>
>>71470543
Maybe the blood magic permanently changed her.
>>
>>71470360
Gendry, Eric Storm
>>
File: 1401369669417.jpg (38 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1401369669417.jpg
38 KB, 251x242
>Great Houses are composed of 2 or 3 family members
This is fucking stupid.
>>
>>71462501
He's even more of a bastard.
>>
>>71463171
I dunno....

Something about Targs not burning?

Pretty sure we're gonna see him stand in dragon fire
>>
>>71470676
The show would ascend to 10/10 kino if that happened but it won't because the next season is going to be sickeningly predictable, Jon cannot die until the very end, Dany cannot die until the very end. Every other character will just die as a result of their bullshittery.
>>
>>71470734
Maybe they should go recruiting.
>>
Could someone explain to me the plot relevance of Bran seeing what was in the ToJ apart from
>I'm le 3 eyed raven now
>>
>Showfags everyone
>>
>>71464691
>The dothraki are light cavalry, sporting no armor for themselves or their horses, while the Unsullied wear a thin piece of leather and only wield a spear. They're going against heavily armored knights skilled in dealing with heavy cavalry charges, wearing thick enough armor to deflect spear thrusts, while having enough training and years of war to implement tactics to stop wild cavalry charges, defend keeps, set up defenses including trenches and stakes, and will be able to crush Unsullied in hand to hand combat.

"Meryn Trant had ARMOUR. And a big fucking sword."

The Hound knows what's up.
>>
>>71471126
...so he can tell Jon?
Why do you faggots need to be spoonfed so much? fuck
>>
>>71471126
Bran is an interlocutor for the audience, you fucking nitwit.
>>
>>71462410
In the books "The Dragon Has Three Heads" is one of the prophesies. That there will be 3 Riders, and only those of Targaryen blood will ride them.

Some people think it will be Dany, Jon and Bran controlling one via Warg.
>>
>>71471202
It will be Tyrion, not Bran.
>>
>>71471218
He's got no Targaryan blood.
>>
>>71471126
>Melisandre bows to a Fire God and believes in Azor Ahai, a literal Jesus figure who will be reborn to fight darkness (the White Walkers)
>Jon is fighting the White Walkers
>Jon was literally resurrected
>The ToJ sequence confirms that he's part of a line of slightly magically fire people (son of Rhaegar Targaryen)

Added literary bonus:
>Rhaegar was trying to birth 'The Prince That Was Promised', a legendary prince who may or may not be Azor Ahai
>He thought his son Aegon was him
>'He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.'
>He may have changed his mind, which is why he chose Lyanna
>The series is called A Song of Ice and Fire
>Jon is literally Ice and Fire (Stark and Targaryen)

one of the most important reveals in the series
>>
>>71471201
>>71471175
But literally what affect did that have on the plot. Why was he chosen to reveal it. What did him learning this information have to do with his character and development?
>>
>>71471235
jfc no one fall for this bait
>>
>>71471257
It's not bait questioning the motivations of a plot point that has no motivation
>>
>>71471286
If it's not bait questioning then you're just stupid.
>>
>>71462476
>rightful heir
Hereditary monarchy is the stupidest form of government ever devised. The entire run of GoT literally proves this shit.
>>
It really doesn't matter whether you can or cannot prove you're Targ or not. The only way to get the throne is through conquest, and the only way to keep it is by displaying a constant show of overwhelming force towards all the other houses to prevent another Robert's Rebellion from happening.

Even if it can be proven and showed that Jon is a Targ, it won't matter at all if he doesn't have to military strength to keep the other houses in line.
>>
>>71471295
>I have to Meera. I'm the 3 eyed raven now

That's all he said before going back. What does that mean, genius?
>>
>>71471309
He's also not even the rightful heir.

Dany is as she's the closest being the daughter of the former King, where as Jon is only the Grandson of the former King.
>>
>>71463827
>>71463883
>>71470830
Isn't there a theory that Rhaegar and Lyanna got married secretly after Elia died?
>>
>>71471335
It means that the original Three Eye'd Raven took him to the Tower of Joy originally for a REASON.

Before he had a chance to bring Bran back he died.

Now Bran has to go back by himself. Why? He doesn't know yet this is what you call a plot line
>>
>>71471286
see this: >>71471233
and the fact that Jon now has a claim to the throne if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married

There's a LOT more foreshadowing in the books

>Ravens constantly call Jon 'King'
>Dany has a vision of 'snow or ash descending upon the Iron Throne'. (if taken literal, either the White Walkers coming to King's Landing, or KL burning. If not, Jon Snow becomes king)
>These visions are often metaphors. Another one was she saw a blue winter rose growing on a wall of ice. This was blatantly a reference to Jon. The wall of ice is The Wall. Lyanna Stark's favorite flower was the blue winter rose and Rhaegar Targaryen gave her one at the tourney that was the precursor to Robert's Rebellion.

There are other references in the show and books that make it obvious in hindsight. like Jon telling Benjen he's doesn't care about not having a wife and lands when joining the Night's Watch (in episode 1 or 2)

Benjen: 'You might if you knew what it meant.'

You could take this as Benjen saying 'you don't know what it's like to have a wife and lands'... but neither does Benjen. He's probably alluding to Jon being a Targaryen and having a claim to the throne

This is why you showfriends need to read the books. So much more depth.
>>
>>71471309

How did the Targs even become King? Who was King before? Are there people who have also a rightful claim because 200 years ago their grandfathers were King? The ride never ends
>>
Is Syrio Forel still alive? Is he Jaquar J'quem?
>>
>>71471346
>Dany is as she's the closest being the daughter of the former King, where as Jon is only the Grandson of the former King.

The male of the direct line takes precedence over any female in the direct line in Westeros, barring Dorne.

If Tommen and Marg had a son, that infant would be king over Cersei.
>>
>>71471500
They conquered the lands with Dragons.
>>
>>71471500
Read the books senpai.
>>
>>71471500
200ish years ago a Targ named Aegon the Conqueror started rolling Westeros with his dragons and united all the 7 kingdoms. (except Dorne sort of because Dorne is badass)
>>
>>71471346
As soon as Jon was born he came before Danny in line since he was the son of the rightful heir.
>>
>>71471544

So this means they are just another family of ursurpers. They claim the Baratheons have no business with the throne but they also robbed it from someone.
>>
>>71471578
A bastard though.
>>
>>71471346
It dont work like that. Any children of the rightful heir comes before siblings of the heir.
>>
>>71471568
It was nearly 300 but yeah, pretty much this
>>
>>71471598
Targaryens are known to marry multiple women
>>
>>71471598
The theory now is that Rhaegar married Lyana under the old gods.
>>
File: amelia.jpg (82 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
amelia.jpg
82 KB, 480x360
R + L = J has always been fucking stupid, mostly for the reason that it totally abandons Game of Thrones' strong point. Everyone loves the show for its brutal realistic politics, but Jon Snow and Dany get to win because they're the "chosen ones."
>>
>>71471598
Not if Lyanna and Rhaegar were secretly married, which they might have been

This is why while the common consensus is that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna, it goes totally against his character and there are hints that they actually ran away with each other.

Check out how Littlefinger looks at Sansa in the Winterfell crypts in season 5 when Sansa says Rheagar kidnapped and raped her aunt Lyanna. LF most likely knows what's up.

In that same episode, Barristan is telling Dany how much of a saint Rhaegar was.
>>
>>71471645
Still don't think Jon will be King. He will Marry Dany, but she'll rule.
>>
>>71471649
It's their song though. She's Fire, he's Ice.
>>
>>71471649
who says they'll win? In the show it seems like but the book is very different.
>>
>>71471649
Atleast we get the Incest end
>>
File: WHERE.jpg (30 KB, 1280x529) Image search: [Google]
WHERE.jpg
30 KB, 1280x529
>>71463228
Where is his flaming sword, then? WHERE ISH EEEHT
>>
>>71463228
Dany is.
>>
>>71463515

>Bastard
>Implying

For all we know they married
>>
>>71463515
They are if there are no legitimate heirs left alive. Which is why Cersei ordered all of Bobby B's bastards dead and why Ramsay killed any chidlren Roose may have had.
>>
>>71471798
Jon kills dany and lightclaw turns into lightbringer senpai
>>
>>71471779
Dany is his flaming sword, Jon doesn't give a fuck about the South he only cares about the Night King and stopping him.

Dany will marry him because she wants to unite the North and South, Jon is only interested in her soldier/dragons to fight the Night King
>>
>>71471865
I think the best way to do it, would have Dany Mary Jon, but Dany is the ruler. Tumblr would be all like Women Rule. And then have Dany die during the battle with the White Walkers in like the final episode, and end with Jon on the throne. Then watch Tumblr implode.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.