[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
6 > 7 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 8 > FvJ > 2009
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: jason-part-7-02.jpg (22 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
jason-part-7-02.jpg
22 KB, 600x337
6 > 7 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 8 > FvJ > 2009 > X > 9
>>
Forgot 5. Goes after X
>>
I just can't get over the kids in 6. Kids in horror movies are almost never in danger.

6's kids are annoying. Their one liners are awful. Wasted screen time for all of them. Otherwise pretty solid. But yeah...fuck those kids. Same with Feldman. And Reggie the Reckless.
>>
>>71457766
I feel the same but it was an interesting change to bring kids into Jason's path
>>
i liked jason goes to hell. at least it was somewhat different and didnt take itself seriously, not like the others where you're forced to watch random idiots putter around alone in their rooms for what seems like an eternity before their inevitable deaths. and it actually had interesting characters
>>
>>71457638
6 > 4 > FvJ > 1 > 2 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 9 > X > 2009
>>
>>71457853
The thing that bugged me about Jason Goes to Hell is just the drop in quality I guess. It felt like a weird body snatcher movie instead of F13
>>
>>71457938
Why do people hate the remake so much?
>>
>>71457853
I dig it too. It helped me cope with the end of Manhattan (which I really like as well). After seeing Jason's disgusting deformity, with his mask melted into his head, I took it as the toxic waste doing that. And that him "turning back into a child" at the end of Manhattan was just how he felt. Vulnerable and alone, like when he drowned.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just a giant faggot obsessrf with this series WAY too much. I would have LOVED to have seen a movie between 8 and 9. Jason all fucked up from the toxic waste. Making his way back to Crystal Lake.
>>
>>71457989
It lacks the cheesy charm and comfiness of the rest of the series.
>>
>>71458021
Don't worry I'm a giant fag for this series too. So much to talk about. I would've liked to see a movie that takes place back at Camp Forest Green again. They never followed that up
>>
4>7>5>8>2>3>6>1>jgth>2009>x>fvj

I know...mine won't be agreed with at all. Regardless, I adore this franchise
>>
>>71458041
I liked it more than 9. It felt a little too Hollywoodish but seeing Jason again on the screen is always a treat for me
>>
>>71458096
That's a good ranking. I like to see the remake anywhere else but the bottom
>>
File: 51DBG5YCRVL.jpg (51 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
51DBG5YCRVL.jpg
51 KB, 377x500
>>71457957
yeah, they pretty much ripped off The Hidden and made it a comedy.
>>
Only movie I hate in the franchise is FvJ. Seriously, Ken Kerzinger is truly, truly awful.
>>
>>71458244
Yeah his puppy dog eyes ruined the Terminator like quality of Jason
>>
>>71458244
I love that movie but that's mainly because of Freddy. I've always like the A Nightmare on Elm Street movies more than the Friday the 13th movies.
>>
Someone needs to stream these movies on cytube for the ultimate comfy experience
>>
>>71458360
Never liked him really. Jason was righteous. Ya felt for the giant baby brained tank. Freddy was a pedophile/child murderer. Not much to get behind there...
>>
Do you have to be autistic to be able to memorize and rate 12 (plot-wise very similar) movies in relation to each other off the top of your head? Serious question.
>>
>>71458506
This is the one movie series that I won't defend my autism against
>>
>>71458277
As I understand, they were trying to make him a little more relatable, as a counterpoint to root for against Freddy. I do think it was bullshit how they made him afraid of water though.
>>
>>71458506
I watched every Friday the 13th movie a billion times when I was a kid.
>>
>>71458580
Yeah I watched a documentary on it. It's just weird trying to relate to someone who hasn't had that quality in 10 other rmovies
>>
>>71458506
I guess ya look past plot. Actors/characters. Quality/number of kills. Tits. Atmosphere. Pacing. Lack of or abundance of bullshit, like imitation killers or teleportation.

I'm used to getting shit for loving this franchise. It's ok.
>>
>>71458021
Takes Manhattan is my fav and the first one I saw on VHS. Even back then I remember kids talking about 6 being the best, I saw it and was very unimpressed having seen Pt. 8
>>
File: sadJasonPart7.png (81 KB, 637x560) Image search: [Google]
sadJasonPart7.png
81 KB, 637x560
OP here. For such a comfy thread I'm busting out a Pepe for everyone to enjoy
>>
>>71458673
I get a ton of flack for loving 8. I know it's a mess. But, I just love it. I nevet hinged my hopes on it being all in New York, since I saw it so young. So I didn't mind it being mostly on a boat. I just look at the NY stuff as a total treat. Plus, sludgy slimy Kane Hodder Jason is pretty rad. And his face under the mask always stuck with me.
>>
>>71457638
>people hate 1
it's really the best aged film because people who have never seen it expect Jason to be the killer not Pam
>>
File: friday 7.png (1008 KB, 978x521) Image search: [Google]
friday 7.png
1008 KB, 978x521
Oh hey. Don't mind me. Just being Kevin Bacon's weird penis in Friday the 13th (1980)
>>
>>71458890
I don't hate it I just prefer the sequels. 1 is a classic though
>>
>>71458890
1 is so...slow. I don't care for anyone. People shit their pants over Savini's stuff but really, I don't think its anywhere near his best work. Lots of off screen kills too, which is a shame.
>>
>>71459009
Maniac is Savini's best, for me at least
>>
1 is the only good one.
>>
>>71459802
Awww :(
>>
Back in the 90s I remember seeing an MTV movie awards that had gave Jason a lifetime achievement award...corny as shit, but the highlight reel of Jason kills was amazing.
Anybody remember that shit? Link? All I remember was the chick from My Girl presented the award I think.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>71459898
When John Lovitz accepted the award?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7IDAb_HTU
>>
>>71457766
>>71457847
I've always wondered if Jason would actually kill a little kid? I feel that he'd see a lot of himself in them when he was bullied and neglected by camp counselors so he'd leave them alone. I got this partly from Freddy vs Jason since there was a wonderful contrast between a child murderer and a child who went on a killing spree after drowning.

Though Part 4 did have Jason go after Tommy, but that was partly because Tommy tried to kill him. In Part 6, he could've murdered that little girl but didn't. As for breaking into the cabin, I think that was strategy on his part to lure Tommy and the sheriff's daughter since they'd come to the rescue.
>>
>>71458890
except most people who would bother to watch it in the first place already know that
>>
>>71457989
Jason has an underground layer which is where he keeps slave victims and can fast travel to unsuspecting folk. Jason defending the weed farm was pretty funny though.
>>
>>71460368
I actually could respect the remake having Jason be this guy who sets up traps and uses those underground tunnels to go after people. Makes perfect sense for a crazy guy in the woods to utilize the terrain like that.
>>
>>71460368
That's a cool explanation as to how he gets around so fast and efficiently though. The remake Jason definitely expanded on the Part 2 Jason immensely
>>
>>71460600
Yep. It's a pity the remake's intro only gave us a glimpse of Nana Visitor as Jason's mom trying to kill the final girl.

I was surprised at Jared Padalecki of Supernatural being casted as the main guy. It actually sorta worked well.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.