[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you liked it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 435642.jpg (280 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
435642.jpg
280 KB, 1200x1600
Did you liked it?
>>
yes. im actually watching it right now.
>>
I watched it a month ago. It was amazing.

Top movies of the year so far for me.

1. Knight of Cups
2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
3. 13 Hours - Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
>>
>>71446675
>posts on /tv/ while watching a film that's 99% visuals

Kindly fuck right off.
>>
>>71446657
It was my first Malick film, and yeah, i liked it.
>>
>>71446657
I actually did not.
Taken as a straightforward movie, “Knight of Cups” is an indecipherable mess. Taken as a piece of nonlinear visual poetry, “Knight of Cups” is still an indecipherable mess.

Terrence Malick, one of film’s most unique visionaries, is totally adrift here, working without a tether, a sense of direction, or a sense of purpose. Watching “Knight of Cups” you’re not even sure if the actors on screen are aware they’re on screen, let alone why you should be watching them. Christian Bale does a lot of wandering around studio backlots, presumably soul-searching, but possibly just avoiding work.

There is quite a lot of wandering in “Knight of Cups”; it’s Malick’s favorite thing to capture. He loves filming his characters running on beaches, spinning like a child, taking in the carefree beauty of the world, and couples their actions with disconnected, free-form dialogue meant to ascribe a deeper meaning to it all. But more than ever before, he comes up flat, his images — though oftentimes beautiful — adding up to nothing profound or substantial.
>>
>>71446896
Wait, you're Adam Graham of The Detroit News?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/movies/2016/03/10/movie-review-malick-christian-bale-wanders-aimless-knight-cups/81626450/
>>
does anyone have the tarot card images and analysis?
>>
>>71446966
Nah, but I remember reading this review right after I saw the movie and I agree with everything it says, so why write all of that when I can just copy and paste my thoughts.
>>
His worst film, and one of the worst filmgoing experiences of my life.

>we will never ever get something like Days of Heaven again

JUST
>>
>>71446803
ive seen it twice before and im currently writing a film proposal. Im using it for inspiration.
>>
>>71447084
Thats a weird thing to do.
>>
>>
im excited. i don't care what the dialogue or plot is really

it looks so cool
>>
File: 1461264523222.gif (84 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1461264523222.gif
84 KB, 403x392
>>71447260
DELETE THIS
>>
yep
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.