[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that we've all seen it, did it deserve all the ridicule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (218 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
218 KB, 1280x720
Now that we've all seen it, did it deserve all the ridicule it got?
>>
Yes
its absolute hogwash worse than 10 cloverfield lane
>>
I literally fell asleep twice in the cinema when i went to see it. It was trying to be too many things at once and it just fell flat on it's face. When they actually fought it was pretty cool but that was what, like 5 fucking minutes? 2 and a half hours of talking and 5 minutes of action.

I haven't watched the ultimate edition because i ain't watching that fucking garbage again.
>>
>>71406196
Yes. It is hard to stay awake during movies and while reading books. Let's stick to video games and youtube videos.
>>
its starting right now on brettygood if you want to watch it
>>
>>71406126
>worse than 10 cloverfield lane
>implying that film was bad
/film/ when?
>>
File: gal-gadot.png (321 KB, 370x639) Image search: [Google]
gal-gadot.png
321 KB, 370x639
>>71405601
D R O P P E D
>>
>>71406260
It just had piss poor pacing, it was a superhero movie that tried to not be a superhero movie and that's a fucking awful idea.
>>
>>71406420
There he is again. One of /tv/'s finest resident autistic redditors!
>>
>>71406466
but hes been this long before reddit was even a problem on this board, /v/
>>
Its shit trolling by this board, making it seem deeper than what it is. It's a capeshit movie, with so many plot holes, rushed to milk other films. By no means it's the worse Cape shit. That title belongs to all spiderman movies. Meme director needs to stop with this high ambient occlusion, and high saturation effect.
>>
Honestly I don't think it deserves all the bad reviews.
It wasn't a particular good movie but at least it tried to do something.
Marvel movies are a lot more uninspired and worse but get better reviews for whatever reason.

Lex was a pretty shitty villain tho.
>>
>>71406793
>Marvel movies are a lot more uninspired and worse but get better reviews for whatever reason
People like 'splosions and characters cracking one-liners which is basically all Marvel movies are.
>>
>>71405601
obviously
>>
Haven't seen it yet, anybody got a link?
>>
>>71405601
honestly it was probably the best capeshit film ever made.

nothing in any other capeshit film is as intriguing as the surreal dream sequences.

I'm not a fan of capeshit but this was the first one I watched that I actually found to be worth my time.

Terrance Malick and David Lynch are two of my favorite directors and this was the closest thing we'll probably ever get to a capeshit film done in a relatively similar style. Which is probably why it was so hated. It's jarring seeing that kind of sensability applied to actors in children's costumes fighting CGI monsters. But it kind of worked.
>>
>>71407476
cute
>>
>>71407456
ANYONE
>>
>>71407476
>he cites the retarded dream sequences to claim it was good
>>
pleb trash for both version.
>>
>>71407517
It is up on youtube.
Watch it before they take it down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4kP1WRc14
>>
>>71407520
The dream sequences convey a ton of information about Batman's mental state. That's why they were fascinating.
>>
>>71405601
>Now that we've all seen it
We're not all poorfags that can tolerate a shitty ipad version.
I'm still waiting for the real bluray version.
>>
>>71407517

kickass front page
>>
>>71407633
ISP throttles my download
>>
>>
There's a cost for kino.
>>
>>71407476
okay, you convinced me.

downloading now. now i'm booked from11pm-2am tonight
>>
>>71407476
but both of those directors are shit, stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>71407476
>bvs being stylistically similar to malick or lynch
>trying to meme this fucking hard
>literally what is your endgame with this shit
>>
>>71408165
those dream sequences would not be out of place in a malick or lynch film.
>>
The Ultimate Edition makes a big difference. It's Kingdom of Heaven tier.
>>
>>71408262
This is what plebs actually believe
>>
>>71408165
It's true, honestly. Zack Snyder is clearly very heavily influenced by Malick in terms of his visual style. Obviously his movies aren't as good but you can't deny the similarities.
>>
File: WW.gif (2 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
WW.gif
2 MB, 245x200
No.
>>
>>71408256
yeah if all you take away from their films is woah dreams be crazy dude and literally nothing else
>>
>>71408388
not at all it's how the dreams influence or help explain the characters psychologically.
>>
>>71408318
eh not really, literally anything with good cinematography can be called malick influenced, pretty much any modern filmmaker is malick influenced, hes not exactly a hard style to replicate, and i personally love malick
>>
>>71408462
>helps explain
>lois is the key, you were right all along
yeah no, dream sequences that are literally shouting their meaning to you aren't explaining anything , its just a fucking exposition dump masquerading as something that could be clever to make people like you think its doing something unique, aka pretention, and you fucking ate it up
>>
>>71408703
not even close. the line you quoted doesn't even explain anything.
>>
>>71405601
Only 15 hours to dl, piece of shit doesn't even have enough seeders
>>
>>71408775
> the line you quoted doesn't even explain anything
exactly my point sir, I don't even need to say anything else
>>
>>71408894
>shouting their meaning to you
>exposition dump
>doesn't explain anything

can you at least pretend to be consistent?
>>
>>71409026
only if you stop pretending to like this tripe because memes and contrarianism is fun
>>
>>71405601

Still does, 100%
>>
>>71409063
Its not "contrarianism" there are genuine plebs here that believe its good
>>
>>71409063
not pretending. i hate capeshit but i found it intriguing.

i like dream sequences, i like films that delve into the psychology of their characters, i like surrealism, i like symbolism and esoteric references to other material.

BvS wasn't a great film but it was undoubtedly the most interesting and worthwhile capeshit film i've ever seen. and i've seen most of them since my ex-girlfriend was a comic book fan.

normally they are infantile trash. and parts of BvS were trash, but when it was good it was legitimately good, which is more than i can say for any other capeshit film i've seen.
>>
>>71409189
Zach, stop posting here mate, rly, it's not necessary, it won't achieve anything
>>
>>71409189
my problem is, it has all has that, but its not done well, i appreciate it for trying to do more, but it still failed hard, and people like you even with this whole part of it were trash bullshit are still giving it an A for effort, like no, no matter how much it strived for, even the parts that somewhat worked were still painfully bad because it thought it was doing something when it wasnt in any way shape or form, saying this film is anything but c grade at best is a literal meme
>>
>>71409182
yeah its called contrarianism stupid, the movie was a failure so they convinced themselves to believe its good to make themselves look cool and edgy, theyre not pretending, theyve really convinced themselves, and thats the fine line between memeing and contrarianism
>>
>>71409521
>anyone who disagrees with me is just memeing
>only people who share my opinion are being honest.
>>
>>71409636
lol you forgot to call me reddit, youre not even trying
>>
ive only watched the 3 hour cut.... you're telling me the theatrical version is actually worse?! HOLY SHIT!
>>
>>71409622
No they're genuine plebs. I've seen some of their tastes in other movies
>>
>>71409622
>it's called being a contrarian
>people are currently praising the extended cut
>>
>>71410596
>genuine
>plebs

I don't think you quite grasp what you're saying here
>>
>>71410782
>people also pretended to praised the theatrical cut

care to make a point?
>>
>>71410843
people that said don't see the theatrical version, when it was in theaters you dip
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.