[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck didn't he just throw the grenade through the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: p170977_p_v8_ab.jpg (479 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p170977_p_v8_ab.jpg
479 KB, 960x1440
Why the fuck didn't he just throw the grenade through the broken glass then run into the coal chute with the woman and her son?
It made no sense to kill himself
>>
everyone already agrees the alternate ending is way better
>>
>Based Jim never got the chance to direct his own adaptation with Arnie and Robert Neville
>>
The title doesn't even make sense with the theatrical version
>>
>>71403393
>It made no sense to kill himself
It made perfect sense. He was fucking tired of his shitty life.
>>
Because then he wouldnt be legend
>>
>>71403393
I liked the book ending a lot more. Actually had a message to the whole story rather than just some guy killing infected
>>
>>71403490
What was the ending to the book?
>>
>spoiler tagging a 15 year old movie

cute
>>
>>71403545
Basically it turns out that the "zombie-vampires" are sentient and sapient to the full and are evolving as a new species, the protagonist was killing them and hindering them in developing their society. I don't exactly recall what the girl was doing, but I think she was actually like an emissary of something. Anyhow, by the end you realise the guy saw something foreign and didn't dwelve much in why/how regarding the zombie-vampires.
>>
>>71403649
A 60 year old book.
>>
>>71403649
>implying everyone on this board has seen this movie
>>
>>71403685
He was the "legendary" monster that would come and kill you in your sleep, like how we see vampires and shit
>>
>>71403545
It's been 7 or 8 years since I've read it, but basically the other "human" that finds him is actually a vampire sent in by the other vampires. They have formed a society and have scientists/doctors manufacturing pills or something to curb their need for blood. This guy is basically killing all of the hobo/crazy vampires and they see him as the monster, since he's murdering their citizens. So the girl infiltrates, they fall in love or something, and they storm is place. They are about to put him on trial and hang him in front of everyone. He is the last of his kind. But the girl sneaks in and gives him a cyanide pill, and I think that's when he thinks 'I am legend' and the book ends after he swallows.
It sounds extremely campy and cheesy but imo the book was actually very well written
>>
>>71403685
She was a spy because they feared him...if that makes sense
>>
>>71403685
This + the title is I am Legend because he is the "boogeyman" legend of a man who drags these sentient beings out of their homes and disappears.
>>
>>71403757
Yeah, it especially was good from me because I wasn't aware of what the book was and when it was written. So I had a whole rollercoaster of thoughts going and it ended in a manner that probably makes it the best proto-zombie book ever written. Yeah, technically it is vampires but the hobo crazy guys are basically nocturnal zombies which is also a thing in the zombie genre.
>>
>its a Robert finds a frightened dog and eventually calms it down only for it to die 2 days later chapter
>>
>>71404024
don't make me feel again you fuck
>>
>>71403737
>>71403877
> No, John. You are the demons.

Okay. I am sarcastic, as Richard Matheson did the whole twist of the protagonist being the evil bad guy all along in the original novel in the 1950s.

Think about that. Hollywood can't even adapt the shocking ending of a horror novel from the 1950s because they were too afraid how horrifying it was. It is a brilliant ending that makes readers question the story they were presented and its narrator. It was too high brow for Hollywood.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.