[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie wasn't as funny as the other two cornetto films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: movies-the-worlds-end-poster.jpg (60 KB, 618x464) Image search: [Google]
movies-the-worlds-end-poster.jpg
60 KB, 618x464
This movie wasn't as funny as the other two cornetto films but it made up for it by being much more involving story-wise. Because of Pegg's character is stuck in the past and is such a dickhead I expected the whole film to be making fun of nostalgia, but actually at the end the point seemed to be that there's a bit of Gary King in all of us, everyone longs for the good old days and wants to have fun, even if it fucks things up a bit. But that's how people are.
>>
If this wasn't "le epin cornetto" and Wright had just made a film about a manchild it would have been better.

Instead he made a film too "meme" to satisfy real cinema viewers and also too much of a real film to please the redditors.
>>
>>71400935
>Instead he made a film too "meme" to satisfy real cinema viewers
What does that even mean?
>>
File: 1447528425003.jpg (4 MB, 1700x2000) Image search: [Google]
1447528425003.jpg
4 MB, 1700x2000
>>71401057
It means nothing but now you've fallen for the bait
>>
I thought it was the funniest of the 3.
>>
>>71401057
"Meme" in this context means "pandering to expectation".
The poster is saying that Wright made a movie that had to flip a very obvious switch at a point in the movie to become an actiony-comedy thing just like other two movies before it.
>>
When I saw this, I knew nothing about it, and the entire thing was a pretty fun adventure.
>>
>>71400935
This
>>
>>71400935
You are retarded
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.